Bills to the land do to virus

akhound

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So i was wondering how are we post to pay are land bill if we cant work do to lock down of this corona virus? An if you say work on sl inst that gonna make mass people take those jobs forcing others to lose there homes that cant find a sl job? Another thing is we soon wont be able to even sell things sense we will have to hold onto it for bills forcing creators that make money this way not make any income. So like clubs no tips how are they gonna pay there people and the land by its self is gonna be a big bill to handle by your self.

20 minutes ago, akhound said:

So i was wondering how are we post to pay are land bill if we cant work do to lock down of this corona virus? An if you say work on sl inst that gonna make mass people take those jobs forcing others to lose there homes that cant find a sl job? Another thing is we soon wont be able to even sell things sense we will have to hold onto it for bills forcing creators that make money this way not make any income. So like clubs no tips how are they gonna pay there people and the land by its self is gonna be a big bill to handle by your self.

Paying for expenses in SL is just like everything else that you pay for in RL -- it must be prioritized along with all of the other things that you want to spend money on.  SL is RECREATION and thus would probably fall quite a bit down on just about everybody's priority list if the RL money started getting tight.

If you are already Premium, then as long as you are not using more than 1024 sqm of tier, you have no other fees until your Premium membership comes due again.  If the Premium fee is coming due and you don't have the money due to RL circumstances, then you'll need to give up your land and downgrade to Basic --- just like anyone else that has any sort of RL financial issues (regardless of coronavirus).

You can participate in SL and have plenty of fun without putting money in -- many people do it. 

• Like 11

yeah but arent you worried if that happens that means unless people all stop paying bills to save there last L or cant because they spent it all on bills that means every one gonna lose all there places if it last for a long time. Yes i agree rl is more important but if theres places besides the devs i feel like sl is gonna die and i know lot of people use this game to get away from stress which is gonna be even harder sense people are gonna need a get away especially now out of all times. I know what im saying is a long stretch but doesnt mean it cant happen either so im just hope the devs keeps a eye out for this.

• Haha 1

Some of us are doing our part to keep SL alive in the wake of COVID-19.  I’ve waived rent on my region as an “economic stimulus package” for my tenants.  Sales may go down for a while as people’s budgets tighten up, but we love SL and can still enjoy it while spending less.  SL is our one safe place during this time, so I have faith it will weather this storm.  Not all of us create and sell products for just profit.  That’s a bonus, but at least for me, I do it because I enjoy it... I’m not going anywhere and I’m sure many share that sentiment.  Hang in there, we are all in this together ❤️

• Like 15

6 hours ago, akhound said:

So i was wondering how are we post to pay are land bill if we cant work do to lock down of this corona virus?

If you are in the UK and employed the government will pay 80% of your monthly wages up to £2500 and people with mortgages will be able to have a "mortgage holiday" for up to 3 months. I don't know what other countries are doing but I'm sure they wouldn't leave you destitute. As SL is a non essential spend if you can't afford what you pay now you'll have to scale back to a level you can afford

• Like 5

10 hours ago, akhound said:

yeah but arent you worried if that happens that means unless people all stop paying bills to save there last L or cant because they spent it all on bills that means every one gonna lose all there places if it last for a long time. Yes i agree rl is more important but if theres places besides the devs i feel like sl is gonna die and i know lot of people use this game to get away from stress which is gonna be even harder sense people are gonna need a get away especially now out of all times. I know what im saying is a long stretch but doesnt mean it cant happen either so im just hope the devs keeps a eye out for this.

SL isn't going to die -- at least not anytime "Soon™" or even in the next few years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/22/2020 at 12:40 AM, akhound said:

Every country is different, but in the US, I don't see that either the federal government or the state government is going to bail out virtual land or content businesses. Interestingly, for the first time this year, I saw a little box that could be checked or not on the IRS return form that says "Do you own virtual currency?" This is a reference to bitcoin. I don't own any bitcoin, and from everything I read, Lindens are not virtual currency in this definition. They are a token to be used inworld for goods and services, something like a movie ticket or a Disneyworld ticket. I report the small amount of income I make in SL merely as freelance income like any other freelance income that comes on PayPal of any kind for a good or service, a translation or a sale of a used couch.

No one is going to pay your SL land bill, so don't ask them to. Lock down your RL first and secure those needs first.

If you are facing a big bill in SL, tier down, reduce your exposure, be prudent just like you would be if you ran a pizzeria in Bayonne, NJ now that had to close and whose takeout service is threatened due to supply chain issues.

You are not in a magical unicorn realm.

• Like 1

I feel bad i forgot all about this yeah sorry this was before i realize we was gonna get payed nice amount by the government, that a lot of jobs are still open and L price has dropped so you can ignore this unless someone finds this interesting i guess...? *shrugs* Also i admit it was a little much lol although i think sl would be fine god knows they make enough. I only meant them losing sl because they would lose people not do to money i know there good on that. But... yeah im  just gonna leave this now unless theirs a way to close this then if not i guess leave it...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1485 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.