-THE NO! LIST-

811Lord

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Googled. I've now added that to my arsenal. :) Thank you.

You might also like TSSDNCOP. Useful for people who want to know why they don't get a nice juicy exposé with every abuse report.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

That one I knew, but I'm not sure why I knew it. :)

Think it might be a film quotation or something? 

I used to have a few acronyms that I used back in the day in that bit on profiles where you can write notes on the person that only you can see (is that function still there?). By far the most common one I used was NFG, or "Normal for Gor". There were so, so many times I'd be in a conversation with someone and think, "God this person is pretentious/tedious/an idiot/a complete fruit loop/an affront to natural selection" and go to make the NFG note, only to find I'd already done it.

• Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, Seicher Rae said:

Googled. I've now added that to my arsenal. :) Thank you.

Me too...but it took more searching than usual!

And then TSSDNCOP?  I hereby declare Amina the Queen of Acronyms.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 11:13 AM, Seicher Rae said:

But the clueless person, who of course didn't acknowledge the actual help from anyone, continued on, cluelessly and IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Finally I asked her politely to stop yelling at us. There was a pause and then *that* person joined the conversation, and there is always *that* person. "Seeker," and yes she called me out by name (grrr) "I never assume that someone is yelling because they are typing in all caps. Some people have trouble seeing...

As a mostly blind person....I friggen loathe when people use that as an excuse to type in all caps. Seriously, there are few, very few,  instances wherein adaptive capabilities do not exist, or can't be used. When you have vision issues, the onus for finding and using them properly is on you, end of. I mean you can always politely ask people who are using conventions that make even adaptations difficult to use (like some kinds of colors, fonts, etc..are just generally difficult, especially on certain backgrounds, lol) but ffs find a way to not textually scream everything, it's annoying af. Sometimes I'm too lazy to use adaptive methods, so I get it, but that doesn't mean textually screaming everything is a good alternative. It's a piss poor excuse too because it's not *actually any easier to see than using capitalization at the beginning of a sentence, if you can't see the a in And, then how the hell can you see the a in AND any better...it's the same damn letter! 

Those passive aggressive defenders of textual screaming, are often way worse than the actual offenders too. All I want to do when I see that is to tell them to find a rusty spork, climb back on that high horse, sit, and spin, because they're NOT helping the situation any. But I don't, because then I'd get my hand slapped, and banned...and stuff. 

I'm not an angry person, I promise :D 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1557 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.