Ways to hide a neck seam

Cinnamon Mistwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am searching for jewelry , a choker, or another strategy to hide a neck seam.  Something that will cross over different windlights and still hide the line or gap.  Do you have any go to items you use? 

If it's jewelry, I am a bit picky.  I want something understated that can be dressed up or down, no religious symbols , no skulls, no rlv collars, no giant clunky beads, or bling.  If a necklace says it is rigged for Maitreya, does that mean when my avatar moves her head it won't cut into the neck? 

I am a simple gal with  simple needs.  I am hoping for a simple fix.

27 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

If it's jewelry, I am a bit picky.  I want something understated that can be dressed up or down, no religious symbols , no skulls, no rlv collars, no giant clunky beads, or bling.

I'm having a hard time finding some that are rigged and meet the above specs.  So most of my chokers are still the old fashion ones that sometimes cut into my neck during certain moves.

• Like 2

You can search the marketplace for 'collar'. You will have to dig through all the RLV stuff. You can try including -RLV in your search. That minus is negation and eliminates terms.

Searching on 'choker' does a bit better, not as much RLV.

Most jewelry stores include collars/chokers. Secrets (URL) has some I love. Fatal Fashion (SLURL) has some I love too. 

Secrets' Balloon Girl is my default choker... cute and small.

• Like 1

Ison has a rose choker available in multiple colours that’s rigged for Maitreya. Also, Avaway has necklaces rigged for Maitreya that also include chokers. Some of those are separate pieces on the folder, others are put on and then the accompanying necklaces alpha out. Both are available on Marketplace, and I know Ison has an inworld presence. I’m pretty sure Avaway does as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You can search the marketplace for 'collar'. You will have to dig through all the RLV stuff. You can try including -RLV in your search. That minus is negation and eliminates terms.

Searching on 'choker' does a bit better, not as much RLV.

Most jewelry stores include collars/chokers. Secrets (URL) has some I love. Fatal Fashion (SLURL) has some I love too. 

Secrets' Balloon Girl is my default choker... cute and small.

I'll give those places a look!

34 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Ison has a rose choker available in multiple colours that’s rigged for Maitreya. Also, Avaway has necklaces rigged for Maitreya that also include chokers. Some of those are separate pieces on the folder, others are put on and then the accompanying necklaces alpha out. Both are available on Marketplace, and I know Ison has an inworld presence. I’m pretty sure Avaway does as well. 

I need to give the rigged ones a try.

27 minutes ago, Gregorian Chant said:

I hadn't considered scarves, but I like the idea.  I will check out some demos and see how it looks

5 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

Can't you wear an RLV collar with RLV turned off?

I could.  I even considered just removing the naughty scripts.  There are some nice looking ones out there that don't have the obvious padlocks or scream" TOUCH MY COLLAR AND USE ME"  I'll give them another look.

• Like 3

A simple full perm lace one that you can tint to whatever color you desire. It looks good with my jeans and with my LBD.  And it comes with a version Rigged for Maitreya so it doesn't dig into my neck on random poses.  The rigging is my biggest requirement these days - I already have tons of unrigged chokers.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Bunnys-Lace-Choker-Full-Perm-Mesh-Rigged-Unrigged/15284723 

ETA:  Also, the ISON Rose choker mentioned above is really pretty, yet fairly simple looking, not too gaudy.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

I did some shopping yesterday and I think I'm in love the rigged necklaces.  I foresee a bit of money being dropped into the local SL economy.  I also found an RLV collar that  has modify rights and that simple lace collar is really versatile.  I liked the scarves, but I only see wearing them with certain outfits, so I'll tuck a couple away in my inventory.  Thanks for the ideas everyone!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.