Cant Log in

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hope this is the correct spot to post this in. 😟

It started with me trying to delete an object and i got this error message saying 'can't delete due to an inventory error. So first thing I tried to do was delete everything in my trash. That didn't work. So I thought I might be crashing, so I cleared my cache then logged out to log back in. Images below show the log in screen...thats as far as the login process goes before I get the error, which is shown in the second image. The third image is my pc's specs.

Saoirse Panther-Dragon (lydialeerapanther)

Screenshot (13).png

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

Thank you Madelaine. That's a different status page than the one I was checking. The one I was on stated issues for yesterday. I didn't even find where it said it was fixed either. The page you gave me, I did indeed bookmark it. But it suggested to try restating my modem. I did that and even restarted my pc just to be on the safe side. Then I re-opened SL and it worked. I'm logged in.

• Like 1

There is a message on the status page, that there are login problems

Investigating - We are aware that some Residents may be experiencing problems trying to log into and/or stay connected to Second Life. Our engineers are actively trying to alleviate the issue.

More information will be posted to the status blog as it is available.
Jan 22, 20:27 PST

9 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

what do you expect? nobody in the whole industry has a full SLA uptime,  things happen, things break, nobody can predict such things in advanced.   

Yeah, but when it's still broken 5 days later, somebody's asleep at the wheel.

• Lindens

This is a different issue than the problem with logging in too fast before a logout was completed.  Fortunately, we believe we're starting to recover.  The hamsters are running as fast as they can to bring SL back up to speed. 

ETA: as an aside, we deployed a fix this morning to the issue people had been seeing with "Account already logging in" error.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Grumpity Linden said:

This is a different issue than the problem with logging in too fast before a logout was completed.  Fortunately, we believe we're starting to recover.  The hamsters are running as fast as they can to bring SL back up to speed. 

ETA: as an aside, we deployed a fix this morning to the issue people had been seeing with "Account already logging in" error.

I wish I could see the underlying workings of this whole setup you guys have running. 12 year I've been around and I've just learned as much as I can,  wish I knew more.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1555 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.