Jump to content

Breast Enhancers / Deformers?


Scylla Rhiadra
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

So, I want to do some nude photographs, but I hate the gravity-defying appearance of mesh breasts when they are untrammeled and free to roam. It's not just, or even primarily, that there is none of the natural sag than anyone over the age of about 25 would expect to see in their breasts when they are not wearing a bra or corset: it's also that there is none of the shift forward, or to the sides, that non-standing poses would induce. Nor do standard mesh breasts sit properly even when lying straight out on your back. The standard gravity and size sliders are utterly inadequate for producing these looks.

You get the idea. I know that there are products available that deform the mesh for breasts in order to produce a more realistic appearance. I found this pretty cheap one on MP; the reviews are a bit mixed:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Breast-Gravity-Enhancers/15359895?page=4

According to @anniepany, there was another, more expensive but very effective system for this available at FaMeshed, but she doesn't remember what it was called or who made it.

I'm looking for suggestions! I don't mind paying a fair bit for a good one. And it only needs to work for static poses: this is almost entirely for photos.

(PS. Also looking for good mesh pubic hair, in a variety of tones.)

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Amanda Dallin said:

I've looked at these but haven't bought them yet.  There are demos for you to try.

Chrysanthemum's

I've used some of her other products that are very good.

Oh, interesting! And definitely worth a demo . . . although these are all made for larger breasts than I have (I can't remember the exact slider number, but I think I'm at something like 42). It's worth a look, definitely, though! The pics certainly look good.

Thanks Amanda!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Ah, thanks! Do you have any experience with this one?  The video looks promising, but there is no demo. (The reviews on her other products are excellent, however.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ah, thanks! Do you have any experience with this one?  The video looks promising, but there is no demo. (The reviews on her other products are excellent, however.)

Unfortunately, I don't. I kind of shelved it for when I decide to get back into photography, but....I can vouch that she makes good products. It looks like exactly what you're looking for so, if you feel like rolling the dice.....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

(PS. Also looking for good mesh pubic hair, in a variety of tones.)

I have used Tokyo Girl's mesh product and received nice compliments on it (yes, there are some who do compliment on things like this): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/TokyoGirl-Pubic-Hair-Mesh-10-Styles-RLV-enabled-modcopytintable/9580224

It does not come in various tints but since it is fully mod, it can be tinted however one wishes. Also, while there is some basic RLV stuff, those scripts can be removed (which is what I did in the end anyway).

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, I want to do some nude photographs, but I hate the gravity-defying appearance of mesh breasts when they are untrammeled and free to roam. It's not just, or even primarily, that there is none of the natural sag than anyone over the age of about 25 would expect to see in their breasts when they are not wearing a bra or corset: it's also that there is none of the shift forward, or to the sides, that non-standing poses would induce. Nor do standard mesh breasts sit properly even when lying straight out on your back. The standard gravity and size sliders are utterly inadequate for producing these looks.

You get the idea. I know that there are products available that deform the mesh for breasts in order to produce a more realistic appearance. I found this pretty cheap one on MP; the reviews are a bit mixed:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Breast-Gravity-Enhancers/15359895?page=4

According to @anniepany, there was another, more expensive but very effective system for this available at FaMeshed, but she doesn't remember what it was called or who made it.

I'm looking for suggestions! I don't mind paying a fair bit for a good one. And it only needs to work for static poses: this is almost entirely for photos.

(PS. Also looking for good mesh pubic hair, in a variety of tones.)

@Scylla I believe that Chrysanthemum's was the one that I saw at Fameshed X, it certainly looks like the one I demo'd.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have used https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Natural-Breast-Enhancer/14352641 - which is from the same maker as the item in the original post and it works pretty well for it's purpose; adding sag.

I currently use https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Xplicit-BELLEZA-Breast-Enhancer/17229684 - which has demos and has a similar set of products for Maitreya and Slink. This one works to decent effect but because it is a size expander it will also expand flaws. So while Belleza looks good at 100... this one is basically a dial of about 120-130 and at that point Belleza starts to have deformation equal to Maitreya at say... 55... Maitreya on it would be a disaster.

For posing and... self play... there is also the birth brand: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Birth-Boob-O-Matic-Boob-DeformerPositioner-Hud-10/18316834 - that one is posing, they have others that do assorted animations. They show up at the monthly 'kinky' event a lot, and also make a line of bento male anatomy... The stuff all works as advertised, but is most useful for explicit purposes.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

I have used https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Natural-Breast-Enhancer/14352641 - which is from the same maker as the item in the original post and it works pretty well for it's purpose; adding sag.

I currently use https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Xplicit-BELLEZA-Breast-Enhancer/17229684 - which has demos and has a similar set of products for Maitreya and Slink. This one works to decent effect but because it is a size expander it will also expand flaws. So while Belleza looks good at 100... this one is basically a dial of about 120-130 and at that point Belleza starts to have deformation equal to Maitreya at say... 55... Maitreya on it would be a disaster.

For posing and... self play... there is also the birth brand: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Birth-Boob-O-Matic-Boob-DeformerPositioner-Hud-10/18316834 - that one is posing, they have others that do assorted animations. They show up at the monthly 'kinky' event a lot, and also make a line of bento male anatomy... The stuff all works as advertised, but is most useful for explicit purposes.

 

Thanks! These are great, especially the (*giggle*) "Boob-o-Matic"! I'll try the demos.

I'm beginning to think that this is doable! Which is great; boob shape and behaviour has really been bugging me.

(Yes, def a first world problem.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have been thinking about this since Scylla brought it up... and it got my deranged mind to thinking.

What if a physics layer can be pushed to its limits?

Setting my breast shape sliders to 100 for both gravity and cleavage, I added a physics layer. On that layer I did not mess with the "spring" functions (as I call them, as they are mostly how a spring could be mechanically controlled) but went straight to the Advanced tab and maxed all three breast parameters to 100. Then I tested a bunch of poses and, to my actual surprise, there was some natural shifting as one would expect in real gravity. Not much but noticeable.

Since rendering of physics layers is a viewer side calculation, I do not think using a physics layer in this way has any impact on any region. Others with my avatar in their viewing range may wish I had not done this but at least my viewer is not choking on it.

Might be worth further experimentation.

P.S. I use an Altamura body so "ymmv."

Edited by DilliDallagio
Added disclaimer for mesh body used.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DilliDallagio said:

I have been thinking about this since Scylla brought it up... and it got my deranged mind to thinking.

What if a physics layer can be pushed to its limits?

Setting my breast shape sliders to 100 for both gravity and cleavage, I added a physics layer. On that layer I did not mess with the "spring" functions (as I call them, as they are mostly how a spring could be mechanically controlled) but went straight to the Advanced tab and maxed all three breast parameters to 100. Then I tested a bunch of poses and, to my actual surprise, there was some natural shifting as one would expect in real gravity. Not much but noticeable.

Since rendering of physics layers is a viewer side calculation, I do not think using a physics layer in this way has any impact on any region. Others with my avatar in their viewing range may wish I had not done this but at least my viewer is not choking on it.

Might be worth further experimentation.

P.S. I use an Altamura body so "ymmv."

Interesting experiment. This would seem to me a more "natural" way of doing it than deforming the mesh? One wonders if it would be possible to produce a dedicated physics product that achieved this, maybe in a slightly more dramatic form?

Personally, I rather wish that the effects of gravity upon boobs were default, and the helium balloon effect something you had to add on -- rather than the opposite. However, everyone wants to look perky, I suppose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So, I've demoed the Chrysanthemum product. It's pretty good, I think, and works well with both applier clothing and mesh. Here's a side-by-side comparison, wearing a mesh nightie rigged for Physique; on the left, without the Chrysanthemum add-on, and on the right with it attached. This is the most "subtle" of the attachments: there are others that both "separate" more, and impose more sag.

Breast-Deformer-Blank.thumb.png.354485b72fbbf07b4c271f6b54e72251.png

I think I like the look: it's subtle but more realistic? It's not exactly what I was looking for, with reference to photos, but it will be useful for those anyway. I'm pretty much sold on this, for those wardrobe choices that represent me feeling either slovenly or just generally bra-less.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DilliDallagio said:

I have been thinking about this since Scylla brought it up... and it got my deranged mind to thinking.

What if a physics layer can be pushed to its limits?

Setting my breast shape sliders to 100 for both gravity and cleavage, I added a physics layer. On that layer I did not mess with the "spring" functions (as I call them, as they are mostly how a spring could be mechanically controlled) but went straight to the Advanced tab and maxed all three breast parameters to 100. Then I tested a bunch of poses and, to my actual surprise, there was some natural shifting as one would expect in real gravity. Not much but noticeable.

I've been doing that since day one.

Size and buoyancy both at 100, cleavage at 0m and the advanced tab like:

Mass: 93

Gravity: 93

Drag 42

Belly mass: 16

Belly gravity: 5

Belly drag: 30

Butt Mass: 16

Gravity: 15

Drag: 35

- I use Belleza so all 3 categories of physics work for me so I have to make sure the settings in belly and butt don't "go crazy".

Because of the large size, I also put a LOT of motion into the breast tabs, designed to move far and almost constantly be moving, but slowly - for a heavy look.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Done experimenting. What I have seen is that by using a physics layer to approximate natural gravity-fed shifting is hit or miss. How effective the physics is depends upon pose, angle of camera, lighting, etc. Physics layers of varying settings can be useful tools, but they almost have to be customized for each pose... provided there is enough adjustment to accommodate the desired pose.

What I also learned is making physics adjustments to work on static poses means they are horrid for normal, everyday walking around use or dancing.

Edited by DilliDallagio
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, DilliDallagio said:

How very nice.

Maybe we should send our physics over to you for some critiquing? ;)

 

Completely honest- anyone that can make good physics has my respect, they're actually quite tricky to do, especially when they're so easily ruined (and what qualifies as ruined varies) by different framerates.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DilliDallagio said:

Done experimenting. What I have seen is that by using a physics layer to approximate natural gravity-fed shifting is hit or miss. How effective the physics is depends upon pose, angle of camera, lighting, etc. Physics layers of varying settings can be useful tools, but they almost have to be customized for each pose... provided there is enough adjustment to accommodate the desired pose.

At least for animated scenes it depends on the mesh body.

Some bodies respond more arbitrarily to physics than others.

Historically I found only the old TMP body and Belleza did physics consistently well. Under present day bodies, I cannot say - but for any body that's been out for 3+ years; only those 2 were consistent quality.

None of them are ideal for real world motion... those two just do better than others.

Over in places like the Skyrim community the big option is 'HDT Physics' - which responds to collisions so your bosom will reshape around your arms. That tends to also cause all but the most top end machines to drop through the floor in frames-per-second...

SL has nothing resembling that kind of motion. The gimmick HUDs from shops like Birth try to simulate a rough concept of it with various 'play with yourself' deformers linked to animations... But these are all very different in nature and "intended use case" from natural motion...

 

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...