"Snow Crash" TV show in development, again

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A "Snow Crash" TV series is in development. Snow Crash, which everyone in SL should read, is the classic "metaverse" novel. So many of the details match SL, but the book predates SL.

This isn't the Amazon project, in development hell for years. Amazon was talking about doing some major SF, but not much happened. This time, it's Paramount TV for HBO Max. Something to look forward to.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

Are you perhaps thinking of Videodrome?

Nah I was throwing shade at HBO... if it doesn't have a mountain of sex and gory slasher death... it just doesn't make it onto HBO... O.o

Back when HBO got involved with Sesame Street... even the news was making jokes about it... Bert and Ernie and... added details maybe coming... And maybe the grouch in the trash can is the local drug dealer... Sesame Street, NC-17 starting next season on HBO, the cast has finally grown up...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Nah I was throwing shade at HBO... if it doesn't have a mountain of sex and gory slasher death... it just doesn't make it onto HBO... O.o

Back when HBO got involved with Sesame Street... even the news was making jokes about it... Bert and Ernie and... added details maybe coming... And maybe the grouch in the trash can is the local drug dealer... Sesame Street, NC-17 starting next season on HBO, the cast has finally grown up...

Well, it has an insane biker terrorist who sexually pursues and finally has sex with an underage girl, so there it that. And the way that encounter ends is interesting, though I was hoping it would kill him rather than just sedating him.

6 hours ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

Well, it has an insane biker terrorist who sexually pursues and finally has sex with an underage girl, so there it that. And the way that encounter ends is interesting, though I was hoping it would kill him rather than just sedating him.

I kind of liked Raven towards the end, he had a hidden soft side. Like an oversized puppy.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

I kind of liked Raven towards the end, he had a hidden soft side. Like an oversized puppy.

I guess I don't remember that, lol. But that character did have charms for those who like bad boys with long black hair. ;)

I thought Hiro was sweet, and wanted to mother poor little KT. I liked the head mafia guy, too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.