Facebook trackers

Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, MarcCross said:

wasn't there some  talk a few years ago that FB didn't want  'non-human' accounts   Like Second life, IMVU  etc? or are they just trying to market to   all of us?

I think it's more if someone reports it. SL FB accounts have been a thing for almost as long as FB has been out. They have no real way of knowing if the person is real or virtual other then photos and if they got legit contact info. on you usually they leave you pretty much alone. besides that way to many accounts for them to even try and police anyway. lol :D

21 minutes ago, Erwin Solo said:

I don't see any.  Its probably just the cookies on your machine. 

I never had any issues either so I not really sure what they are on about mate. Then again I don't really care if they track me. All they will see is gamer news anyway. So feel free to track away. lol ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

13 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

I never had any issues either so I not really sure what they are on about mate. Then again I don't really care if they track me. All they will see is gamer news anyway. So feel free to track away. lol ;)

That's because they already know your full legal name, your street address, mailing address, which banks you use, where you get your groceries, who your telephone provider is, what your phone number is, who your doctors are, what medications you take, what ailments you have and , very possibly, how may moles and warts you have and where on your body they are. And remember: there is always a lot more truth in jest than people realize.

For everyone else: Linden Lab has always had a Facebook bug throughout their web sites ever since they started the whole social thing from years ago. Google analytics is here, too and we all already know that Google tracks a lot more than just "page visit count".

The Brave Browser I link o above is a Google Chrome browser with all the Google parts stripped out. It's never too late to start taking control of your privacy, so it doesn't;t hurt to give it a go. Or, you can remain apathetic and just complain about it, like the weather.

45 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

That's because they already know your full legal name, your street address, mailing address, which banks you use, where you get your groceries, who your telephone provider is, what your phone number is, who your doctors are, what medications you take, what ailments you have and , very possibly, how may moles and warts you have and where on your body they are. And remember: there is always a lot more truth in jest than people realize.

For everyone else: Linden Lab has always had a Facebook bug throughout their web sites ever since they started the whole social thing from years ago. Google analytics is here, too and we all already know that Google tracks a lot more than just "page visit count".

The Brave Browser I link o above is a Google Chrome browser with all the Google parts stripped out. It's never too late to start taking control of your privacy, so it doesn't;t hurt to give it a go. Or, you can remain apathetic and just complain about it, like the weather.

Or I can choose Option C. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.