Person on Land but cannot see them

mayaeight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, mayaeight said:

How can a person be on the land but you cannot see them.

If they are on the same region but on a different parcel of land, then parcel settings can be set not to see people that aren't on the same parcel of land.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If they are on the same region but on a different parcel of land, then parcel settings can be set not to see people that aren't on the same parcel of land.  

In addition to what Cindy says, it doesn't matter if that setting is enabled on the land parcel that they are on, or the parcel that you are on. If it's enabled on either parcel, avatar visibility is not possible, and will only be possible if you are both on the same parcel.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mayaeight said:

How can a person be on the land but you cannot see them.

If you are on a separate parcel and your parcel is set to not show avatars within it, then you also cannot see avatars outside of it and vice-versa if they are on a privacy-set parcel.

However, if you mean they are within your parcel boundaries they *could* be using an invisibility HUD which can make them entirely invisible, including their name tag (but not the white Voice dot or their green dot on the mini-map). If they are on your private parcel you can still eject them - if they are the only one there then picking them out from the eject tool is easy. If there are others, then hover your mouse over their green dot in mini-map and their name will appear, then you will know who to eject.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

I have the same problem. I have a bot sitting on this box everyone but me see him. Anyone has an idea what is this? His range is 5.31 but it is like he is out of range. I tped him out and in, relogged. Nothing helps. His name isn't even shows like hover text.

aaa.png

3 minutes ago, OxfordLennox said:

I have the same problem. I have a bot sitting on this box everyone but me see him. Anyone has an idea what is this? His range is 5.31 but it is like he is out of range. I tped him out and in, relogged. Nothing helps. His name isn't even shows like hover text.

aaa.png

Did you accidentally derender the bot?  Check your blacklist

1 hour ago, BLUEBALL8 said:

same to me  SAME PARCEL   diferent  height level BUT  i was ok to see al the sim wide but not anymore even same parcel i cant see the names or avatars  just ar radar any help ?

If parcel privacy is enabled, the parcel is split into two vertical sections.

If you are at ground level, you can't see avatars who are more than ~100 meters above ground on the same parcel, and they can't see you.

If you're both over 100 meters above ground in the same parcel, you can see each other even if you're thousands of meters apart.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.