my friend sits too low in all my furnature

Ouish1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I guess a better question for us to ask is first off, what viewer are you using. Sl and Fs do work different. Second, what AO are you using? 

Rhonda and Ivanova are correct. But maybe giving us some details might illuminate the problem. 

• Like 2

As Sara said ^^^ the viewers do work differently. When I'm out with my alt using FS and SL viewer, sometimes in one viewer we both look OK sitting, and in the other, one of us is chest deep in the lounger,  or seat. Even with the AO off. I never worked out why.

• Like 2

Solving this is complex. 

You have eliminated the viewer and AO problems. Next is the furniture issues. Furniture comes with different animating systems and animations, both made by various people. For instance AVSitter, probably the more popular animation system, remembers positions for individual avatars... sort of. Consider sitter #1, #2, and possibly more. If you are sitter one and have adjusted your furniture, you may have to do the same for sitter #2 as Sitter #1 setting have no effect on #2.

Animations are made for small, medium, and large avatars... in some cases. You'll have to figure out what is being used in your furniture. Some use the large animation for whoever sits first (male) and medium or small animations for whoever sits second (female). That is an arbitrary decision that often annoys me. But, it seems mostly consistent.

Avatars have two HOVER settings that affect how your avatar sits. One is in the Avatar Appearance panel. The other is in the avatar's right-click menu. Because of "shoes" (the system shoes) one or the other can be set for walking and throw off sitting. I find using the 'shoe size' that comes with shoes and a standard (...for me) Appearance Hover setting works best. I tweak the right-click Hover for walking and sitting as needed.

Overall height (tallness) has an affect on the other two settings. The idea is to get both Hover settings to bring the collection of avatar attachments affecting avatar height to accurately reflect that height (tallness) setting in world. When they are correct then more things fit (?) and look right than not.

A couple of years ago when Appearance and Right-click Hover were being discussed and designed the Lindens were explaining why it was so difficult getting it right. The problem is a legacy issue. Long ago in a young virtual world someone decided basing animations on the avatar center (pelvis) was the best idea. So the distance to the top of one's head, butt and soles of the feet are calculated values that begin at the pelvis because animations begin there. A number of things throw the calc off. So, the Hover settings were added to simplify correcting issues.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1708 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.