Help and Info to get a new Linden Home (or try to!)

Raevyn Addams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Thanks for posting this.. I wish I'd read the forums before I signed up for my Premium account! I've been hesitating for ages but like the look of the traditional homes.. I'm pretty annoyed that it's not really made clear on the main pages..now I've paid up for 3 months and can't pick one of the new homes. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Mog Huszar said:

I'm pretty annoyed that it's not really made clear on the main pages..now I've paid up for 3 months and can't pick one of the new homes. 

That's not quite the lesson here.  You just need to be a bit more persistent and patient than you expected. Linden Lab has been releasing more than one new region a day, so there are always new homes.  If you scroll up and look at other threads here, you will also see that they are about to release a rather large chunk of regions full of houses in the next theme -- probably sometime within the next few weeks.  If you add to that the fact that people are continually abandoning and trading in one house for another, your chances of getting a home on Bellisseria are actually pretty good.  You just can't necessarily expect to get one the first few times you click through the signup page.

• Thanks 5

9 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's not quite the lesson here.  You just need to be a bit more persistent and patient than you expected. Linden Lab has been releasing more than one new region a day, so there are always new homes.  If you scroll up and look at other threads here, you will also see that they are about to release a rather large chunk of regions full of houses in the next theme -- probably sometime within the next few weeks.  If you add to that the fact that people are continually abandoning and trading in one house for another, your chances of getting a home on Bellisseria are actually pretty good.  You just can't necessarily expect to get one the first few times you click through the signup page.

Oh thank you.. that's good to know.. I'll keep clicking and refreshing .. didn't expect it really though as it's not made clear on the Linden blurb.. looking through the threads to see when 's best to try as I am SLT+8 (with extra lag) 🙂

Edited by Mog Huszar
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mog Huszar said:

Oh thank you.. that's good to know.. I'll keep clicking and refreshing .. didn't expect it really though as it's not made clear on the Linden blurb.. looking through the threads to see when 's best to try as I am SLT+8 (with extra lag) 🙂

Then you are lucky! Like me, I am SLT +9 ... why?

Well they are releasing during SL business hours that is (as experience showed) between 6:00 am and 3:00 pm SLT.

That makes it 3:00 pm to midnight for me - 4:00 pm to 1:00 am for you - good times to be at your computer and let autorefresh work in the background while you do other things. If you do that one afternoon I am allmost sure you get a home ... if you take to heart all the advice in this thread (and do not forgoet about the dropdown menue where "Bellisseria" might hide!).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Then you are lucky! Like me, I am SLT +9 ... why?

Well they are releasing during SL business hours that is (as experience showed) between 6:00 am and 3:00 pm SLT.

That makes it 3:00 pm to midnight for me - 4:00 pm to 1:00 am for you - good times to be at your computer and let autorefresh work in the background while you do other things. If you do that one afternoon I am allmost sure you get a home ... if you take to heart all the advice in this thread (and do not forgoet about the dropdown menue where "Bellisseria" might hide!).

Yes, a common complaint among those who have the same timezone as SL, is that they are at work and can't have a phone ready all the time. So they miss all the releases unless they start work late, or come home early.

Autorefresh is simply the best to use, you don't have to sit chained to the computer and click manually. A region release is also followed by abandoned houses, campers or boats. Because quite a few who's had a house in Belli, has "home hunting" as a hobby and look for "that" place they want. Maybe they don't like hedges. Or the big green bushes. Or any other small reason. So they release it when they come and find "Nah, the hortensia bush here is the wrong color". 😂🤣 I know, sounds crazy.... But latecomers can pick up that house. So 5 - 30 min after a release is a good time to pay attention and refresh manually if you can, log out and in again when your are locked out, refresh manually again. Etc.

10 hours ago, Mog Huszar said:

Thanks for posting this.. I wish I'd read the forums before I signed up for my Premium account! I've been hesitating for ages but like the look of the traditional homes.. I'm pretty annoyed that it's not really made clear on the main pages..now I've paid up for 3 months and can't pick one of the new homes. 

But you found the forums now, and welcome here. And this is a true story: Another guy posted in one of these threads early my time in the evening that he was looking for a Belli house. He was guided to this thread, and before I went to bed that evening, he had a house.😉 He was pretty happy with the location and all. I know because he posted in the Bellisseria Citizens group inworld. That's a chatty group, and they keep an eye on regions about to be released. They also post when a Linden is around unreleased regions, since only Lindens can release them.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Mog Huszar said:

Thanks all 🙂 I'm a long time SL resident (13 years+) but always had a 'basic' account and rented direct where I wanted to, still a noob at heart! 🙂

I've been basic through all my years too. I saw no point in paying for having measly 512 m free of tier, but when they raised it to 1024 m free of tier and more prims, they sold it to me.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Since the 16th it seemed as if this thread wasn't needed any longer ... but myabe it still is.

Instead of "Bellisseria" the new searchword is "Victorian" ;)

Belli plots were not available last night when I had a friend check.    So that lovely EASY period (when folks could be picky :D) is apparently gone. More releases in the new year. It seems like  it "should" be easier now though. 10,000 (or maybe more) Bellisserians.  Wow.  

• Like 1

I keep seeing Traditionals, Houseboats and Campers since several hours ... grabbed a few Trads ... just no Victorians.

First Trad I grabbed was 10:40 pm SLT ... looked just now - still three themes available!

Some minutes ago I grabbed one in Westlake ... obviously just released ... not quite ready even!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1

You could try:

1. Resetting your house controller (the buoy) by clicking and holding it for 5 seconds, or

2. Submitting a support case, or

3. Posting some hint about where your houseboat is, on the random chance that a mole might wander through, read it, and take pity on you.

In any case, though, I would suggest asking your question in a brand new question if it's still unanswered, instead of burying it in this thread. 😉

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.