Help! Mystery Object?

Perrain Berenohn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Help!

There seems to be a mystery object that extends through both floors of my Linden home.  It prevents me from walking to or through both doorways to my backyard.  This was not there when I first moved in; so, it may be something I have done.  However, I cannot select this thing.  Neither does it show up on a list of objects of the parcel.  Showing transparent objects does not show it either.  I have also rerezzed the house, but the problem is still there.  

Here is a picture of me after landing on this mystery object:  https://my.secondlife.com/perrain.berenohn/snapshots/5d1cbde7d774f877b5000001?version=original

Any ideas?

The weird thing is that I cannot select it, it does not show up on a list of objects in the parcel, and it does not show up when using the "show transparent" command.  I am trying to remove objects I added since the problem started, although I am not exactly sure of when this thing "appeared"?  

I don't think it is a neighbor's object extending in, since I have also checked a list of all nearby objects and there is nothing close to me when I am standing on it that could be this thing.  

I have just finished setting up my house, and now I fear I will have to tear each thing away one by one! 

1 minute ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Okay... I have removed everything in the bedroom, deck, dining room, backyard and kitchen.  Here is another pic showing the list of objects, sorted by distance, in "show transparent" mode:  https://my.secondlife.com/perrain.berenohn/snapshots/5d1cc5b373ed177f29000001?version=original

just a thought... try switching to another house type first... then switch back and see if that removes the ghost physics there

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Okay... I have removed everything in the bedroom, deck, dining room, backyard and kitchen.  Here is another pic showing the list of objects, sorted by distance, in "show transparent" mode:  https://my.secondlife.com/perrain.berenohn/snapshots/5d1cc5b373ed177f29000001?version=original

Does this only happen right there?  If you move to another part of the house or yard, are you okay?

It might be time to use that Live Chat feature that you get with your Premium membership.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Mesh physics shape won't show up in transparent view. :)

I'm not sure you used a rezzer, otherwise I'd derez everything and see if the issue still persists. Or do what @Evangeline Ling suggested: derez the home first.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

just a thought... try switching to another house type first... then switch back and see if that removes the ghost physics there

Good thought.  So, when I changed house styles and went back to my house style, the problem was still there.  However, I tried your suggest while standing on the mystery object and it did cause me to fall.  

I see you used a lot of the LH ceiling lights.  Have you by chance linked these items up together? They are not phantom.  I'd start checking to see what is linked together, what is not. When I have encounter this problem while building.  I will try the ctrl+alt+t.  I'll look for bounding boxes as well. Sometimes the easiest thing to do without taking it all apart is to try turning items phantom to see which one is the problem source.

• Like 2

Just now, Perrain Berenohn said:

Good thought.  So, when I changed house styles and went back to my house style, the problem was still there.  However, I tried your suggest while standing on the mystery object and it did cause me to fall.  

That means the error is in the mesh of the house itself then. Possibly they really left something as 'convex hull' that shouldn't have been. Time to page a Mole. :) @Quartz Mole was extremely fast when I IM-ed with a problem on my houseboat.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Hmmm then it does sound like it's related to that particular house, this might be something you will need to put a ticket in for.  The Moles are freaking awesome about trouble shooting a problem like that and they fixed my houseboat when it was rezzing out double copies of every houseboat

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Perrain Berenohn said:

Help!

There seems to be a mystery object that extends through both floors of my Linden home.  It prevents me from walking to or through both doorways to my backyard.  This was not there when I first moved in; so, it may be something I have done.  However, I cannot select this thing.  Neither does it show up on a list of objects of the parcel.  Showing transparent objects does not show it either.  I have also rerezzed the house, but the problem is still there.  

Here is a picture of me after landing on this mystery object:  https://my.secondlife.com/perrain.berenohn/snapshots/5d1cbde7d774f877b5000001?version=original

Any ideas?

This was not there when I first moved in; so, it may be something I have done.

My own guess is that since this was not an issue when you got the home, its something blocking your path after you began to decorate your home. It'll take some investigating on your part, which of your items is the problem source. Hopefully you can find the issue before you need to pick all your things up and start again.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

This was not there when I first moved in; so, it may be something I have done.

My own guess is that since this was not an issue when you got the home, its something blocking your path after you began to decorate your home. It'll take some investigating on your part, which of your items is the problem source. Hopefully you can find the issue before you need to pick all your things up and start again.

She also said she fell thru when she derezzed the house; so it simply must have been the house. Possibly she simply didn't realize it immediately when she moved in.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seba Serpente said:

Seems to be some bug unrelated to the model. I really don't know. But i did checked the collission data and transparent object, there is absolutely no reason for that to happen that i can see.

61c0dcd1f0e191731ee1de2082f2b93c.png

0cd686cbac24396517be5eb2c4458fca.png

Interesting. :) Maybe it's the physics of a (nearby) hill or otherwise landscape object? Can I come have a look too?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

She also said she fell thru when she derezzed the house; so it simply must have been the house. Possibly she simply didn't realize it immediately when she moved in.

it could be, but also when you derezz the house, which is a solid prim object, you are removing some of the space that would keep her from walking through a blocked item.  The easiest solution might be to remove the house, all the objects, check the area to be sure its clean. Then start again at the drawing board. 😉

• Like 1

Just now, kiramanell said:

Interesting. :) Maybe it's the physics of a (nearby) hill or otherwise landscape object? Can I come have a look too?

Doubtful its landscaping if it disappears when she changes it to another house... I still think it has something to do with that particular house, perhaps a defect in that particular version of that model in that particular rezzer.

• Like 2

Just now, kiramanell said:

if that was the case it would show on the 2nd picture, but there is no colission being registered there at all, from any object, terrain, etc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Doubtful its landscaping if it disappears when she changes it to another house... I still think it has something to do with that particular house, perhaps a defect in that particular version of that model in that particular rezzer.

First she'd be better off just repeating the experiment, derezzing the home, while standing on that object, and make sure that was truly the reason she fell thru (and not because her AO caused a movement for her to fall of it, for instance). 

As for hills, I'm not sure what type of extra landscaping goes into the rezzer (extra grass, trees, maybe). But the house still seems the most likely culprit.

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.