A Controversial Suggestion for Patch & the Moles

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Back on topic... ahem...

What about if the little huts were named after the Moles working on Bellisseria? A bit of permanent recognition for this amazing thing they've created?

That would be good! I actually think its sweet; a little recognition after all the stress would be a little sweetener, to live on as it were, for future prosperity.

I wonder though if that wouldn't kind of encourage dissonance between Moles?

"See that fantastic hut over there?"

"Yeah, that's A Mole's hut! Everyone loves A Mole!"

"Yeah, what about that little shack over there? Almost looks like it was the shack that time forgot."

"Oh that's B Mole's shack. No one knows B Mole. A Mole is where it's at!"

Poor B Mole... :( 

(Disclaimer: No Moles were harmed in the making of this post. Any resemblance to real Moles, dead or alive, or other real-life entities, past or present, is purely coincidental.)

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I was thinking the huts would be equal in size. Each one could put their own little spin on it, though. 

I think this is a great idea! I'd like to see some of that sly mole humor used to name the huts, too. 

I don't know why, but this makes me think of Meauxle Bureaux. (Anyone who hasn't visited it, should do so!)

• Like 2

How many Moles (and Lindens) are working on this project anyway? I'd assume there'd be a lot. That's a lot of shacks. So instead of shacks, maybe name different areas; A Mole's park, B Mole's campground, C Mole's beach...

Though whether it was a shack or landmark I'd think just keeping track of which Mole has been immortalised where might be added work yet again for the already overworked Moles. It wouldn't do to have several landmarks dedicated to one - others may scream nepotism.

Despite all that would be GREAT to have the Moles and Lindens recognised in some way beyond just thanking them in a forum topic, or the groups in world and their associated merchandise. I suppose the issue would likely be prim allocation. Since each region is really geared towards Residents usage, rez zones, and landscaping, even giving Moles say 20 prims each to add their own flair may be seen by their bosses as an abuse of resources. It doesn't sound like much but when they're the ones number crunching, makes sense (and yes I know that's likely why you suggested shacks as opposed to anything else, I'm just running off on a tangent. I do that sometimes. Often. Frequently.)

Here's a thought that's possible:

How about having the Moles and Lindens construct something that they think is a fitting tribute to themselves that can be set on permanent display in a Bellisseria museum/gallery? There's been talk of faux stores or community places for a while now, why not something like that? The only draw back may be the fact that some Moles and Lindens probably feel better at scripting than building, but it wouldn't have to be a sculpture or even a replica of them. At times they've shown wit and humour, so we could find them creating funny paintings, sayings, or other things that could be put on display. THAT is something I'd love to see, and could be a feature of Bellisseria forever!

Edited by RaeLeeH
Forgot words... Brain is alseep, clearly. And again! Gah!
  • Like 2

I think naming landmarks after them would work great. You have to remember that they are a team. I don't think they'd be squabbling over who got the best hut. That sort of behavior is much more likely to come from forum posters. lol

ETA: Once again, Bay City might provide ideas for this sort of thing. The moles have built mole-y things there, like Molexandria.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RaeLeeH said:

But then doesn't Bellisseria run the risk of becoming Bay City 2.0?

(Great pic btw. I really need to visit BC again, it's been too long!)

Not at all. Bay City parcels are individually owned. However, it's a good example of what the Moles CAN do, given the opportunity.

• Like 3

• Moles

As Patch reminded us at Meet the Moles, most of our LDPW games, like Horizons or TCMG or Linden Realms, feature ever more inventive and entertaining ways to kill residents.

While Dyna is the real expert when it comes to murder and mayhem for fun and prizes, I like to think I contribute my bit to the general hilarity, and we do have to test our ideas and toys  somewhere, after all. 

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

As Patch reminded us at Meet the Moles, most of our LDPW games, like Horizons or TCMG or Linden Realms, feature ever more inventive and entertaining ways to kill residents.

While Dyna is the real expert when it comes to murder and mayhem for fun and prizes, I like to think I contribute my bit to the general hilarity, and we do have to test our ideas and toys  somewhere, after all. 

I think I missed that part whilst swooning. 

I'm a little scared of the Moles now, you guys... @Quartz Mole just used murder, mayhem, and hilarity in the same sentence. 

Oh, wait... that's excitement, not fear! 

Carry on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I want a Bellisseria THEME Park... like the one Bay City has

Call it...

Mole World

😃

*somehow gets the tune to Small World stuck in her head with a slight alteration... "It's a Mole World afterall... It's a Mole World afterall... It's a Mole World afterall... its a Mole Mole WORLD!!!"*

Edited by Evangeline Ling
  • Like 3
  • Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Call it...

Mole World

😃

*somehow gets the tune to Small World stuck in her head with a slight alteration... "It's a Mole World afterall... It's a Mole World afterall... It's a Mole World afterall... its a Mole Mole WORLD!!!"*

OMG. O.M.G. EVANGELINE! That damn song is stuck in my head now! How could you??

rocks back and forth... there is just one moon and one golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone, though the mountains are high and the oceans are wide,  it's a small, small world...

I'm going to need @Quartz Mole to help me hide your body!

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

OMG. O.M.G. EVANGELINE! That damn song is stuck in my head now! How could you??

rocks back and forth... there is just one moon and one golden sun and a smile means friendship to everyone, though the mountains are high and the oceans are wide,  it's a small, small world...

I'm going to need @Quartz Mole to help me hide your body!

"It's a Mole... Mole... WORLD!!!"

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

• Moles
8 hours ago, Evangeline Ling said:

Call it...

Mole World

😃

If you soon come across Magellan or Punky singing that, you'll have only yourself to blame.

• Haha 10

7 hours ago, SerraWeckerly said:

yeah...i'm still back on the"filthy mushroom".  I will be giggling about that for days.  It sounds like a tiny forest brothel for mice.

I can make that happen. I mean, if the men mice are going to pay my little saucy mice ladies in cheese and I get a big slice of it as the Filthy Mushroom Madam, that is. I'll do darn near anything for cheese.

I get the boot for 24 hours (for defending the sacred honor of the Moles, I might add) and you guys still haven't named all the Faux Pickles??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.