Marketplace Ideas and Suggestions

Vega Firelyte

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

During the Governance meeting today, it was asked if it was possible to set up the MP stores with different categories.  For example, if you already make clothing but want to branch out and create furniture as well.  At present, if you decide to do that but want to keep them sort of separate, you usually create an alt to have one store, while the main has the original store.  Is there a way to do it where you don't have to have two different stores or is this something that could possibly be in the future?  The ability to catagorize or create departments/separate sections would not only be benifical for creators but would be more user friendly for the customer as well.  This way, a customer clicks on the "department" they want, especially if they are unsure of the name or just want to see what you have in that section of your "store".

• Like 2

Chic beat me to it.  I was going to ask what was the problem with the existing categories and sub-categories?  When I go to someone's store, I use the category list to drill down to just the section that I'm interested in. It's never been a problem for me if they sell clothes and furnishings - I just go to the applicable sub-categories to filter the contents to what I'm interested in. 

This is from Doreese Defaux because SL forums are hating on her:  Over the top or side doesn't really matter to me but this would help make our stores more organized in searching for items!  Those of use that make more items than just clothes this would be so helpful!  Also, you could organize TYPES of clothing such as dresses, shorts, pants etc.  Creating several alts to sell various items is so inconvenient and confusing for the sellers I would think.  I tried it with just selling nail polish and gave up... too much work.  ONE store with several categories makes more sense.  I believe this would also be more convenient for the buyer as well not just for the seller.

• Like 1

I suppose I didn't explain it very well.  When you upload items, you can put it with which section and everything but I'm talking about a separate store almost, for one av.  You can put it under your brand but it works as a different area totally.  You can measure the sales separately from each one, see which one is trending better, etc.  Basically, it would get rid of the need to make a totally different avatar, to have a separate store.

4 hours ago, Vega Firelyte said:
15 minutes ago, Vega Firelyte said:

This is from Doreese Defaux because SL forums are hating on her:  Over the top or side doesn't really matter to me but this would help make our stores more organized in searching for items!  Those of use that make more items than just clothes this would be so helpful!  Also, you could organize TYPES of clothing such as dresses, shorts, pants etc.  Creating several alts to sell various items is so inconvenient and confusing for the sellers I would think.  I tried it with just selling nail polish and gave up... too much work.  ONE store with several categories makes more sense.  I believe this would also be more convenient for the buyer as well not just for the seller.

Thank you Vega .... I have been on SL for over 11 years and forums always hated me but think I got it now thanks to you!

My suggestion also is that if there were say 5 tabs on the side or top of your store that you could just organize by clothing types would be good.  Going by the other tabs on the side is ok but COULD be better.  You  would still have to search thru all that is in that category which is time consuming for the buyer.  Say the buyer wants jeans?  You could have a Denim section etc.  I think it would make our stores more buyer/user friendly and look more professional.  If you have more that 1k of items in your store I think it would be VERY helpful to buyers.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Doreese Dufaux said:

My suggestion also is that if there were say 5 tabs on the side or top of your store that you could just organize by clothing types would be good. 

This already exists for the most part. Be sure to use the deepest category you can when creating your listings. If you create a nice Cami, then list it under Apparel, Women's, Tops (I forget the actual depth, going from memory here). The same way you can "drill-down" to a specific category on the main page - that also works on your creator page (Store page). I find it very annoying when creators don't do this and stick to top level categories.

Another reason you want to put it into the deepest level category is that @Dakota Linden has also said that will improve the chances of your items appearing in searches. (Along with adding descriptions in the "Features" section.) :D

• Moderators

Hi all!

I think I understand what Vega Firelyte is asking. 

And no, currently there is no way to have separate "departments" or "brands" under the same store in a way that would separate them from each other.  When an item is listed, it is just listed under the User/Store itself.  So when you review reports, like traffic reports, all of the items are grouped together.  There isn't a way to tell the system that you only want to see report numbers for BrandA  or Department B, for instance. 

It can be done, but not natively within the Marketplace itself. 

Each Product Listing that is created would need to be given its own Brand Name.  So the listings would look like BrandA - Name1., BrandA - Name2, BrandA - Name 3, and BrandB - Name1, BrandB - Name2, BrandB - Name3, etc.   The reports information would need to be exported to an external Spreadsheet and then sorted/Filtered by Brand names using the tools in the spreadsheet program.

The external spread sheet can then be used to compare how each item in BrandA is doing compared to other items also under BrandA, same with BrandB, etc. for each "brand" that the seller has set up, or to see how items in BrandA are doing compared to items in BrandB.

Anyone can see only specifically branded items in the store using the current MKT Search Tools, though, by going to the sellers store and doing a search that only shows the items in the specific Brand itself. 

If someone only wanted to see items in BrandA, they would go to the sellers store, then enter BrandA into the keyword search field and choose the option to only search that specific store.  

All items in that sellers store with BrandA in them would show in the search return, and any items without BrandA in them would not be visible. The visitor could then sort the returns to show the newest items, or lowest priced items, etc. for only those items that showed up when they searched for the specific BrandA name. 

Hope this helps!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

Hi all!

I think I understand what Vega Firelyte is asking. 

And no, currently there is no way to have separate "departments" or "brands" under the same store in a way that would separate them from each other.  When an item is listed, it is just listed under the User/Store itself.  So when you review reports, like traffic reports, all of the items are grouped together.  There isn't a way to tell the system that you only want to see report numbers for BrandA  or Department B, for instance. 

It can be done, but not natively within the Marketplace itself. 

Each Product Listing that is created would need to be given its own Brand Name.  So the listings would look like BrandA - Name1., BrandA - Name2, BrandA - Name 3, and BrandB - Name1, BrandB - Name2, BrandB - Name3, etc.   The reports information would need to be exported to an external Spreadsheet and then sorted/Filtered by Brand names using the tools in the spreadsheet program.

The external spread sheet can then be used to compare how each item in BrandA is doing compared to other items also under BrandA, same with BrandB, etc. for each "brand" that the seller has set up, or to see how items in BrandA are doing compared to items in BrandB.

Anyone can see only specifically branded items in the store using the current MKT Search Tools, though, by going to the sellers store and doing a search that only shows the items in the specific Brand itself. 

If someone only wanted to see items in BrandA, they would go to the sellers store, then enter BrandA into the keyword search field and choose the option to only search that specific store.  

All items in that sellers store with BrandA in them would show in the search return, and any items without BrandA in them would not be visible. The visitor could then sort the returns to show the newest items, or lowest priced items, etc. for only those items that showed up when they searched for the specific BrandA name. 

Hope this helps!

Thank you, Dakota, you did get the right idea on what I was attempting to explain.  You did also give me a bit of a workaround, for the "department" in the store.  It does mean a few extra steps for measuring the trending and percentage of sales vs each department but it's doable and it's worth those steps.  Thank you for the ideas and understanding clumsy me.

• Like 1

A request is to make easy the "add a picture of the product". Many times we want to use same image used oin another item but is pretty impossible to browse it, so we need to waste time, and server resoruces, importing AGAIN same image. Also would be wonderful if we can do multiple pproduct selection to add same image directly.

About the mesh bodies, you can name a mesh brand but then is impossible to find, as example, same store in the marketplace, which can help people to find quickly the official page of the  body brand.

• 3 weeks later...

i would like to see the MP team do something about the scammer stores that are again popping up every Friday and stay online til lindens get back to work on Monday...repeated AR's about it are doing nothing, no one is monitoring this on weekends at all...they were being removed quite fast for about a month now its like they ignore the Ar's about them again ....this weekend alone this one store has posted over 400 fake items using other creators images...the items inside are not what is showing in the image...people are not trusting to shop on the MP because of these twits...whatever light slap on the wrist ya all doing is not working, please come up with a solution to get these off MP fast as flagging and abuse reports are failing miserably ...the fraud is just sickening anymore on there

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1769 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.