Highest Peak in Mainland?

Willow Danube

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Tethys? 350m. Nothing for sale now. Builds, erm,  not to my taste. Snowy maountains to the south, Kanin, Cloudmont etc. seem all to be protected or maintenance. They are lower, 200-300m. Henrietta has a peak plot for sale, but it's only 160m.

There are spectacular places along the north-west part of the great wall, Fucosa, Lola, Euclida.

The area around Buffalo Run/Silvercreek comes to mind. There are several hills in this area, which is green with a water view. The hill I used to have land on and really liked was Fellin Hill. The area is a bit of a mess and flattened out but its actually fairly steep.

You might also look at some of the original sims that have the +/- 40m terraforming to get the height you'd like.

Bubba Biberman wrote:

The highest point on Mainland is in Campion. Mountain peaks there are >350m. There are some parcels for sale in that region, you can get a 2048 for 80,000.

In November or so I bought some lots on that sim for about 0.8L/m each - but sold them shortly after as the cuts were bad and I needed the tier. That was a bit under market for a mountain... But 80,000 is way over.

Thanks all of you for the information. I will start exploring them tonight...

For as simple as putting up a shrine, I wouldn't need that big of a land and lots of prims. I already am quite happy being a watergirl here in Corsica with my 2048sqm of land. What I meant by Shrine and burying my past sins really is just a place to store my unwanted inventory (and pictures of old boyfriends...TBD) that I will cleverly bury underneath a Shrine (see my sig) that I will also use once in a while to confess my transgression of the TOS which then later I will drop in a kill script to wash away my 'sin'.

What would be better than doing it on a highest peak?  

Part of the peak -was- for sale for 15,000L. The 80,000 piece is all that's left now though ;)

There's a lot halfway down the hill with sex-graveyard items out. o.O

For burying your 'past' though, I'd suggest going for deep water. There are some places where the water is 80m deep.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Part of the peak -was- for sale for 15,000L. The 80,000 piece is all that's left now though
;)

There's a lot halfway down the hill with sex-graveyard items out.
o.O

For burying your 'past' though, I'd suggest going for deep water. There are some places where the water is 80m deep.

I thought the mountain price was a bit too expensive for me so I decided to forgo. Anyway, Deep water does sound interesting to me... so what is the lowest point in Mainland below sea level?

Willow Danube wrote:

I thought the mountain price was a bit too expensive for me so I decided to forgo. Anyway, Deep water does sound interesting to me... so what is the lowest point in Mainland below sea level?

Likely the lake south of Sutherland. Not sure how much of that is available f'r purchase. The lake itself is LL-owned, but maybe there is something on the edge of it?

:matte-motes-agape:

There is a plug!!?? Amazing... Do you think LL would sell the plug?

ETA: I went to all the places you mentioned ... Henrietta does look  nice and the one in Phasma... I think there was a bot standing on it (with blingers!) when I was there. The rest of them like you said are LL owned especially the snowy mountain side.

Marianne McCann wrote:

Likely the lake south of Sutherland. Not sure how much of that is available f'r purchase. The lake itself is LL-owned, but maybe there is something on the edge of it?

Will check that out as soon as I get back home tonight! Thanks Marianne... !

Willow Danube wrote:

Thanks all of you for the information. I will start exploring them tonight...

For as simple as putting up a shrine, I wouldn't need that big of a land and lots of prims. I already am quite happy being a watergirl here in Corsica with my 2048sqm of land. What I meant by Shrine and burying my past sins really is just a place to store my unwanted inventory (and pictures of old boyfriends...TBD) that I will cleverly bury underneath a Shrine (see my sig) that I will also use once in a while to confess my transgression of the TOS which then later I will drop in a kill script to wash away my 'sin'.

What would be better than doing it on a highest peak?  

Willow, it is obvious to me that you are having waaaay too much fun. I loved 'old boyfriends...TBD' :-)

• 2 weeks later...

WannaPiEcE Crabgrass wrote:

The highest point in mainland is Campion.

Yeah we figured that out a few posts back. ;)

This thread actually caused me to buy part of that peak. I'm about 1m lower than the highest spot now. :)

I could terraform myself up by 1.01m and plant a flag on it... but that would just be silly.

And last Thursday another 7000m or so of Campion went up for sale for 0.5m/L (but not the peak), so now I'm suddenly swimming in prims over there... (there's a horse breeder in the sim, so anyone with a ground build lives in lag death).

• 1 month later...

Somebody just bought the deep water next to my deep water lot...

But there's other deep water too.

Mine's in Honawan where I'm enjoying my new interest in SL sailing (gotta update my getting started guide because the SL sailing types who'd IM'd me ages ago about it were right - this is one of the best ways to get a new start in Second Life. Sailin, especially within site of the coast - is a great way to explore.

So um... more deep water can be found in nearby sims, and across the pennensula in places like Horseshoe, or Torch (but the map looks like somebody just bought the half sim of water that was being sold in small lots in Torch. Wow... that must have been expensive... See also Miller or Crystal and Chief. Maybe Gogebic too (I think that far up is still the same water table).

And by this time you might have your map open and be noticing something - all of that is connected. Just look for any water along that whole path of sims. Eventually you hit a few waterfalls, and the water level lowers to 40.

• 10 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1018 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.