Windlass walls script

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I noticed that when I accidentally touch the inside walls of my Windlass houseboat, I get an announcement in chat of the form:

HB3: Touched Link 25( HB3 ) on face n

Has anyone else seen this?  It seems to be a script that I assume Ancient Mole planned to remove (Touched WHAT?) before shipping.  It has no function other than to fill up the chat.

Should I raise a Jira?

14 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

Should I raise a Jira?

Have you tried a Live Chat?  I've not seen an error like that in my Windlass yet.  Live Chat can open a Support ticket if needed, I think.  Good luck and I hope you don't have to wait too long to have it fixed. ♥

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

I noticed that when I accidentally touch the inside walls of my Windlass houseboat, I get an announcement in chat of the form:

Has anyone else seen this?  It seems to be a script that I assume Ancient Mole planned to remove (Touched WHAT?) before shipping.  It has no function other than to fill up the chat.

Should I raise a Jira?

Does it still do it if you rez a new copy? If so, yeah, contact Support because that is odd behavior for sure.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Does it still do it if you rez a new copy? If so, yeah, contact Support because that is odd behavior for sure.

Yes.  I tried that.

But Quartz Mole has been in touch and is going to fix it.  Moles are marvellous.  (apart from the one that digs up my lawn)

• Like 3

16 hours ago, anna2358 said:

Should I raise a Jira?

So, you managed to get a houseboat, after all?! :) Gratz!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, anna2358 said:

Should I raise a Jira?

P.S. A Mole leaving in a debug script is decisively illustrative of why we need not rush these folks, and simply let them do their work. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

P.S. A Mole leaving in a debug script is decisively illustrative of why we need not rush these folks, and simply let them do their work. :)

Not going to argue with that.  Moles are best.

However, as a systems programmer, I am a bit alarmed to discover that each Houseboat has been independently installed and tested.  I knew SL's infrastructure was designed for another age.  Fascinating.  I guess this is the price we pay for having unique communities.

9 minutes ago, anna2358 said:

Not going to argue with that.  Moles are best.

However, as a systems programmer, I am a bit alarmed to discover that each Houseboat has been independently installed and tested.  I knew SL's infrastructure was designed for another age.  Fascinating.  I guess this is the price we pay for having unique communities.

I very vaguely recall someone mentioning a problem with their houseboat wall earlier (or it may have been my imagination, LOL); if so, then I can readily see how a Mole would have dropped by, and put a wee test-script in, to see what link number the wall was, what facing the texture was on, etc. And then forgot to take it out. Been there, done that. :)

N.B. Now, this is going to bake your noodle, later on... what if you were able to grab up your new houseboat this morning, precisely because someone left his/her boat because of that wall issue!? 😜

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moles

The messages are from a stray debug script that we used when preparing the house control panels, to make sure we knew which faces of each mesh were which.    Obviously it should have been removed from the model at some point during all our pre-release checks, but clearly that didn't happen in this particular case.   Sorry about that.

We'll put out an update to the house rezzers early next week, which will include an updated Windlass minus this stray script.   I can't give a precise date because a couple of other things need to go in it  too, but certainly everything should be ready sometime next week.   

Once the update has happened I'll announce it in this thread.    At that point you should be able to use the house controller (life preserver) to rez a new instance of your Wallower.    We store all your settings for decor and access lists on a remote server, so they should transfer over automatically.   

If you choose to rez a new instance of the boat, all you''ll notice is that your old Wallower vanishes, leaving all your furniture in place, and a new one appears a second or so later.   After a few seconds more, that changes from the default color scheme to whatever you had last selected for the old boat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 13

43 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

The messages are from a stray debug script that we used when preparing the house control panels, to make sure we knew which faces of each mesh were which.    Obviously it should have been removed from the model at some point during all our pre-release checks, but clearly that didn't happen in this particular case.   Sorry about that.

does Patch Linden have a mole paddle ? 😛 :)

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

We'll put out an update to the house rezzers early next week, which will include an updated Windlass minus this stray script.   I can't give a precise date because a couple of other things need to go in it  too, but certainly everything should be ready sometime next week.   

Once the update has happened I'll announce it in this thread.    At that point you should be able to use the house controller (life preserver) to rez a new instance of your Wallower.    We store all your settings for decor and access lists on a remote server, so they should transfer over automatically.   

If you choose to rez a new instance of the boat, all you''ll notice is that your old Wallower vanishes, leaving all your furniture in place, and a new one appears a second or so later.   After a few seconds more, that changes from the default color scheme to whatever you had last selected for the old boat.

Thank you all for all that you do, it can't be said enough!! So many appreciate the hard work. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moles

I was able to run the update rather sooner than I expected, and all Live regions are now reporting that they have the new rezzer installed.

So, if people want to, they should be able to fix the problem with the Windlass script simply by using the House Controller (life preserver) to rez a new copy.   As discussed above, that should cause the old one to vanish, leaving its contents in place, and a new one to appear a second or so later.   The new copy should retrieve the old colour and decor schemes, and the access lists, from the main KVP server.

We have rechecked everything a couple of times and the problem was confined to the Windlass 32 x 32 houseboats as far as I know -- the other models and the Windass 16 x 64 weren't affected.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Quartz Mole said:

I was able to run the update rather sooner than I expected, and all Live regions are now reporting that they have the new rezzer installed.

So, if people want to, they should be able to fix the problem with the Windlass script simply by using the House Controller (life preserver) to rez a new copy.   As discussed above, that should cause the old one to vanish, leaving its contents in place, and a new one to appear a second or so later.   The new copy should retrieve the old colour and decor schemes, and the access lists, from the main KVP server.

We have rechecked everything a couple of times and the problem was confined to the Windlass 32 x 32 houseboats as far as I know -- the other models and the Windass 16 x 64 weren't affected.   

How I wish that it were true... 

At least, not for me. I just rezzed a new boat. Still navy, still won't change, still getting the same error. Tried resetting the scripts. That also didn't work. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

At least, not for me. I just rezzed a new boat. Still navy, still won't change, still getting the same error. Tried resetting the scripts. That also didn't work. 

I believe Quartz is referring to the rogue text that was showing up in some of the new houseboats.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I believe Quartz is referring to the rogue text that was showing up in some of the new houseboats.

I thought it was the same thing... getting the rogue text when clicking the wall and not being able to change the colors. I'm still getting the rogue text as well.  "HB3: Touched Link 25( HB3 ) on face 4".

• Like 1

• Moles
10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm sorry, but I think we're at cross-purposes. 

I was referring specifically to the problem with anna2358's Windlass houseboat, which was giving her strange messages when she touched the walls.    That was because a debug script had accidentally been left in a child prim when we were checking something.    

My post was intended to announce only that the Windlass houseboats in the rezzers have now been replaced with ones from which the stray script has been removed, and that anyone whose Windlass is sending irritating debug messages when the walls are touched should rez a new instance of it from the house controller.

I didn't know anything about a problem with the coloring of anything, or certainly not one that's to do with the scripts.    Have you reported it or described it elsewhere in the forum?    

• Thanks 1

• Moles
1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I thought it was the same thing... getting the rogue text when clicking the wall and not being able to change the colors. I'm still getting the rogue text as well.  "HB3: Touched Link 25( HB3 ) on face 4".

Please message me with a slurl for your houseboat and I'll take a look as soon as I can.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Two different things. The navy wall is a feature in all the Windlass models. It is meant to be there. See Quartz' reply for explanation of the bug. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.