Seasonal Bellisseria?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure once any holiday comes up, people will be decorating. Once I get a home, I will be doing Halloween and Christmas decor for sure. There are many 1 prim or low prim landscaping items for sale. If you want snow/grass/mud/ice/lava, put it on your parcel. 😎

• Like 2

For me Christmas is time for the beach but I still love the snow decorations that happen in SL at winter time across the world from me. Getting to experience a white Christmas in SL can be lovely. I'm really excited about decorating for all the holidays. Bellisseria is going to be really beautiful with all the Christmas lights and I can imagine trick or treating is going to be a scream! While, I think that creating seasonal changes may not be physical viable for LL it would be so lovely. The more the community gets involved with these things the more fun it will be in Bellisseria. The community that has developed is already very evident in these forums. So awesome to see ❤️

Edited by Aletheia Zuta
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

It would seem that you only need to create (I say "only, in both a sarcastic and pragmatic way) three versions of the Linden content.  (Spring-fall-winter)  Not something that would be expected right away, but something that could be brought in.  No need for scripting -- I would think that once designed the version could be implemented per sim... but as I said, thats just what I "think". 

The Seasons and their effect could vary according to where they are in the continent.  Coastal's could  have no change (who wants winter on a beach?)  while interior could be conceptually a higher altitude and thus more effect.  Anything that adds more a feeling of realism is to the benefit of the world as a whole.  Exactly WHERE in the SL world your home is is=== all that should matter... Personally I would love snow for winter holiday season.   Just for the fun of decoration, or the roll play of keeping in out of the cold, or for the sales of heavier clothing and ice skates.  It would obviously be up to the home owner as to if they decorate their home appropriately.. would be fun to hold neighborhood contests!

If you don't like snow... omg.. this is SL.. you get all the good and ignore the bad... sheesh.

1 hour ago, Skylr Darkwyr said:

It would seem that you only need to create (I say "only, in both a sarcastic and pragmatic way) three versions of the Linden content.  (Spring-fall-winter)  Not something that would be expected right away, but something that could be brought in.  No need for scripting -- I would think that once designed the version could be implemented per sim... but as I said, thats just what I "think". 

The Seasons and their effect could vary according to where they are in the continent.  Coastal's could  have no change (who wants winter on a beach?)  while interior could be conceptually a higher altitude and thus more effect.  Anything that adds more a feeling of realism is to the benefit of the world as a whole.  Exactly WHERE in the SL world your home is is=== all that should matter... Personally I would love snow for winter holiday season.   Just for the fun of decoration, or the roll play of keeping in out of the cold, or for the sales of heavier clothing and ice skates.  It would obviously be up to the home owner as to if they decorate their home appropriately.. would be fun to hold neighborhood contests!

If you don't like snow... omg.. this is SL.. you get all the good and ignore the bad... sheesh.

I don't "think" that you are being very pragmatic at all.  The amount of work to replace all of the landscaping on just a single region is far greater than you think it is.  Who is going to do all this work?  And it can't just be done for one region and then magically implemented on all the others, as most of them have unique layouts.

I think doing the occasional temporary seasonal features, such as the beach theme at the Fairgrounds, or the haunted neighborhood at Millbrook is the perfect way to handle it.  

If you cannot live your SL without regions, do what others have done, and keep a home on a private region where seasons are observed.

• Like 2

Oops, I forgot to say "thanks for the necropost". So, thanks for the necropost!  :) 

It would seem that you only need to create (I say "only, in both a sarcastic and pragmatic way) three versions of the Linden content.  (Spring-fall-winter) 

When storing region layouts, it is the physical design of the land that gets stored.  In addition to that, they would have to store a coalesced copy of all of the LL provided content, with the seasons applied -- so 3 blobs of content per region for thousands of regions..

Cloud storage isn't that cheap.

13 hours ago, Skylr Darkwyr said:

if you don't like snow... omg.. this is SL.. you get all the good and ignore the bad... sheesh.

most parts of the world don't even have snow in this time of year... should SL give a greyish, wet, muddy and hot sunny continent too for the west europeans and aussies? ( and a few more types )

• Like 1

The logs are the perfect place to host winter! They are already much higher than the rest of Belli and are full of mountains.

Imagine a special Winter and Spring Log Festival Day held the first and last day of winter. Ground textures would magically swap out while Patch leads a parade of Lindens and Moles though the regions. Each participant replaces plant life with seasonal versions. The residents stand on the sidelines clapping, cheering them on and taking pictures. All this is topped off with non-stop Linden snow falls and wind storms.

After Belli's logs crash, everybody rushes to release their log homes and there is a shortage of stilts.

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
clarify
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1247 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.