Switching from Isis to Lara

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm a little sad about doing so but it seems like fashion designers are finally narrowing down choices on bodies. This is a good thing. I'm demo-ing the Skinnery skins for the new body. Anyone else switching mesh bodies because of clothing support?

I have both Isis and Lara and like them both, and I find that most anything I buy in clothes has both.  I make clothing, admittedly I do not make my own mesh (I started to make my own mesh but gave it up when I determined the time to make and rig for even the top bodies was just not worth it in terms of returns on finished product) so I am happy to buy templates.. Having said that I will not purchase any mesh clothing template if it does not include All 3 Belleza, Maitreya, and both Slink.. for women.  My customers have indicated that these are a must.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Anyone else switching mesh bodies because of clothing support?

the other way round... i still did not leave lara due to clothing support

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

I thought about it a couple of times. I still wear Freya and Isis primarily though. Last month as far as events go, was particularly brutal as far as “Maitreya only/exclusive” clothes go. They were everywhere. It tends to go in cycles, the month before, there were tons of clothes supporting Isis and Freya.

Im not switching though because I think Belleza’s bodies just look better aesthetically. Sometimes if you send a creator a notecard you’ll find that they do support other bodies, they just can’t crank out for three+ bodies for X event, so they just do Maitreya. The notecard also might plant the seed that there is a demand for other bodies enough for them to consider it.

Still not switching, saves me money too!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I do like the Isis body more but I guess I could just get Isis clothes when available and if not, get the Maitreya version. 

I hear you. I have a Maitreya me saved in my outfits, especially for when I want to wear costumes. That’s usually where you’d have the hardest time finding something for Isis.

Lara was my first body when I came back to SL a couple of years ago. I moved to Freya maybe 9 months ago. 

At this point, and as inconvenient as it is, I'm used to switching between both bodies, depending on what clothing, accessories and such, I want to wear. 

I had to make minor tweaks to make my shape for Freya, look similar on Lara.

I also switched from Catwa Catya to Genus Classic when that head was in Beta. Although I'm a bit more stubborn on refusing to go back to Catya, despite having a similar predicament with regards to piercings and such. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick

On 4/3/2019 at 5:17 PM, Bree Giffen said:

I'm a little sad about doing so but it seems like fashion designers are finally narrowing down choices on bodies. This is a good thing. I'm demo-ing the Skinnery skins for the new body. Anyone else switching mesh bodies because of clothing support?

When I first went mesh, I had the slink body and was happy with it until I started noticing all the sexy clothes that were being made for Maitreya, so I bit the bullet and bought the Lara body. I'm glad I did because I wouldn't change it now for anything. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Switching to Isis lowered my monthly clothing budget, that's a benefit of sorts.  When I'm at events and see pretty Lara stuff I just remind myself of how many Lara exclusive items didn't fit my body anyway because of higher body fat. Don't have that problem as much with Belleza, so the number of brands on my list is about the same.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1845 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.