question about girlie bits

Mahnola

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

52 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

That one isn't omega compatible yet, is it? If they would get on the applier train, they would be unstoppable. But nobody's hand-tinting in THE YEAR OF OUR LORD TWO THOUSAND AND NINETEEN. 

As far as I know not yet. The unrigged version came with a HUD, with a selection of tones from various skin creators. but don't know if the rigged version has them either.

Edited by MiakisTheUsagi
added content
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2019 at 5:39 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

That one isn't omega compatible yet, is it? If they would get on the applier train, they would be unstoppable. But nobody's hand-tinting in THE YEAR OF OUR LORD TWO THOUSAND AND NINETEEN. 

That just feels like an epic fail...

cone-of-shame1.jpg

No demo too, so you can't even try to figure out how hard it would be to tint...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

No demo too, so you can't even try to figure out how hard it would be to tint...

Or even riggin quality... so many rigged stuff never fits - I would not bet so many Linderoos on an undemoed product unless desperate...

• Like 1

On 2/19/2019 at 2:39 AM, Blaise Glendevon said:

"BOM ready" would do...

5 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Or even riggin quality... so many rigged stuff never fits - I would not bet so many Linderoos on an undemoed product unless desperate...

Yeah that. I use the high end of the breast settings for Belleza and a good number of people put out stuff using 'guessed the rigging' creator kits for the body because Belleza has at times been very stingy about handing out creator kits (even more of this with older Maitreya stuff - if I remember right for the first 2-3 years Maitreya wasn't giving out creator kits at all. Only people with special agreements got them. I just assume now anyone and their dog can get a kit given how common Maitreya stuff is now... but a LOT of older stuff breaks if you dial a little bit away from 50).

So since both Belleza and Maitreya have not been fast about giving out fitting kits, there is a LOT of stuff for sale that was somebody's "best guess" and if your shape dial or physics are too far from the designers - it breaks. To see this in action you can get some full perm kits from "a very large store that sells very cheap fullperm items who's creator's last name begins with 'I'"... get some of the early fitted kits and turn up your shape dials and put on some super bouncy physics. Then get any kit put out in the last 2 years... the newer stuff fits like a charm, the older stuff is a gamble. Somebody basically finally got an official kit. And of course... the older stuff happens to coincide with the 'oops' period for Belleza... the year Maitreya came out, Belleza locked its creator kit for that year and the year after... giving Maitreya a 2 year head start on fitmesh... Belleza did this because they were working on making the 'Freya' and 'Isis' bodies and had planned to discontinue 'Venus'... so they didn't want bad stuff out there... but the delay severely hurt the body's popularity...
- and led to the rise of a LOT of people making home-guessed fittings... some of which are still in use...
(and it also wasn't the last time Belleza locked down handing out kits... but the second one was "ONLY" about a year long... see 'cone of shame' meme-pic above...)

• Like 1

On 2/18/2019 at 10:21 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

A Lady's Secret said they will be working on one, but I don't think they have started on one yet.

Instead they ditched the previoulsy available Slink version... I wouldn't expect too much.

Edited by Fionalein

Actually the rigged VAW is very good

It has skin appliers for Maitreya, Freya and Slink commbined with the bigger skin brands

https://gyazo.com/28c13ce64c220364d5571a296d2d1024
https://gyazo.com/b461ca07b43edb547149d977a720730e

And also a color picker if you dont have a matching skin

https://gyazo.com/830bf4564f46b8aa49949d28a3998931

Same menu and options for interactive and design as the non rigged version

https://gyazo.com/ea662ffe7d0947d0fc47cf953aad6866

And it fits very nicely, no pic of that 😛

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Angel Rock, Sinful Curves, Lumiya, QUEENZ, and others missing - because not everyone is a white girl.

Lumiya - I use that for a green orc. Also use them for some elf and fairy variations.

Angel Rock - pretty much THE BRAND for African skin tones. But QUEENZ is another brand that has some offerings.

Sinful Curves - these are Caucasian skin tones but the 'Amelia' one tends to work unusually well for Asian and LatinX looks.

Now if they had an Omega applier... my whole rant about "why is everything in here so 'Ethnic' white' would be silly... They could effectively pass the buck for their ethnocentrism by letting me solve for it.

...but without it... Well, if you shop at a brand better known for less 'Euro Ethnic' looks... you're out of luck.
Proving yet again that in 2019... SL is still doing it like it was 1954...

Resulting in me, instead of being glad that there's a product out there - getting mad at yet another sign of the institutionalized ingrained bias of 'ignorance'.

Just...

Do...

An...

Applier...

All F-ing ready...

The skin around it after all... is going to need to match right - so it SHOULD use the same UV map as the base avatar as even a perfect tone, it's too high resolution, will look off.

So that part can be Omega...

And yes... it means you will 'out' several skim makers who don't actually know where a woman's bits are located... (this is an unusually common problem)... but at least the ones who do will look good.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

And yes... it means you will 'out' several skim makers who don't actually know where a woman's bits are located... (this is an unusually common problem)... but at least the ones who do will look good.

Actually several skin makers have a smooth PG skin without painted on bits... I prefer those to wild guesses where the bits will show up on different mesh bodies.

In my legion of alts I have about every skin tone, and each of them (well, except the one guy alt...) uses the non rigged VAW. Only using the newer rigged one on my main who has a matching skin from the applier options (L'etre). But with the coloring options provided each one looks really good on either my palest or darkest skin colored alt. Specially if you choose not to put on the entire thing, but only the inner part, its not all that hard to match it up with any shape or skin you like. Takes some time and know how editing/moving parts but it works.

The rigged version, besides the predefined skin appliers also has 80 Preset skin tones to choose from in the HUD, and on top of that the color picker essentially making every possible color available.

Theres also the Pro Bento VaJayJay (nsfw) that has Omega.

Or the SW bento (nsfw) one that has Omega

• 4 weeks later...

The reason the Vaw taco isn't omega is because They are not using the SL uv on it like at all. But girls, there are a ton of swatches on it, like a whole beeping lot. But either how if it had omega it just wouldn't work, because it's not made to replace your pelvis on the body but rather lay over it, so god knows how many glitchy issues would appear because of that, the textures need some kinda transparency to blend in with your body/skin.

It's pretty much the only lady bit you can choose that is rigged for the Belleza Freya body, you have of course the unrigged ones but, yeah. I'm pretty happy with the Vaw, but there are always things that can be better with everything, but I know for a fact that the creator of Vaw does his best on his products and he always helps his costumers, and updates his products over time ( Free updates ).

The Issues I have with it is the fact that it does not open wide as for example the bento bits that people are selling, and there are some rigging issues when your in certain animations, the hud is ugly as beep and somewhat small but it's okay, not that the bento ones have any better huds to be honest. Other than that I don't really have any other issues, these issues are probably things that can be fixed over time, I have already asked the creator if he would do another state that is wider and told him about the rigging issues I have with the Slink Hourglass size at least as I don't really use Belleza as much anymore.

Anyways if you have constructive criticisms for him, he always accepts them with open arms. 

There are swatches for all kinds of human colors, including white if you wan't to tint it, as well as he does custom work for that so if there is a skin that you want it to match to just request it from him, at least last time I checked he does that, you do of course have to pay for the work.

I personally don't have any issues with the swatches as I use the Pink fuel skins that are already supported.

But you can of course just wait and see if there is anyone who's going to make a belleza bento bits or not, but who knows?

I did ask the belleza creator if he were going to make built in bento bits a good while back, and it was a maybe answer. But I can't relay on that answer and neither should you.

I feel like I wrote too much, but yeah. 

It's either vaw rigged, or other bits that are unrigged you can choose for your Belleza freya pretty much.

Edited by PixelBerry
  • Like 1

I use the VAW rigged myself and as expected she fits like a glove, even in strange looking poses (in RL you would need to brake many of your bones to be able to do this pose xD).

And matching my skin was easy, i needed like 5 minutes to tint it so that you can't see that the VAW isn't a part of my Freya body (and i use a custom skin, made only for me). First i chose one skin from the included selection that was at least close to my skin, then i "tinted" it with some plus and minus buttons until it was very close and after that i just needed to use the real tinting hud to make it a tiny little bit darker (i'm not a creator and normally i avoid tinting anything, because i fail nearly 100% of the time when i try this, but with the VAW it was surprisingly easy).

If you have mesh pants that are mod you can even add a script that come with the VAW to these pants and as soon as you wear these pants the VAW will become invisible and if you drop these pants...well (look who's back xD).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.