Keyword Spamming... Locked out for 14 Days!

Kayla Whittaker

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been locked out of my account for 14 days due to "Keyword Spamming".  

To start with... The products were RLV collars that have been on my Market Place since May of 2015.  The keywords that I thought I was using where within the guidelines of the keyword use.  I didn't use any copyright brand names, just generic words related to the product.   

They didn't flag all of the collars just part of them.   I did do a screen capture of one of the collars with the keywords that I use on all of the collars that I posted on my Market Place.   

In which I didn't get any notice about it at all.  Just BOOM!  Locked out of my account for 14 days.  Yeah, Linden Labs...  This is a total croak full of you know what!

SOOOOOOO... Linden Labs... Tell me which one of these keywords are spam from the photo attachment

Collar Keywords.jpg

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Kayla Whittaker said:

To start with... The products were RLV collars that have been on my Market Place since May of 2015.  The keywords that I thought I was using where within the guidelines of the keyword use.  I didn't use any copyright brand names, just generic words related to the product.   

They didn't flag all of the collars just part of them.   I did do a screen capture of one of the collars with the keywords that I use on all of the collars that I posted on my Market Place.   

In which I didn't get any notice about it at all.  Just BOOM!  Locked out of my account for 14 days.  Yeah, Linden Labs...  This is a total croak full of you know what!

SOOOOOOO... Linden Labs... Tell me which one of these keywords are spam from the photo attachment

Collar Keywords.jpg

If it's a collar, why do you have words such as heels and boots? 

• Like 6

I'm surprised there is no "heart" keyword... 🙄

If you have a word "collar" in the title of the product, there is no need to write it one more time in keywords section, you just wasted precious space. If you can't remember many relevant keywords, leave it as it is. Your product could be ranked better if it had only relevant keywords and title tags.

• Like 3

On 2/7/2019 at 6:54 AM, Kayla Whittaker said:

Collar Keywords.jpg

Most of the words aren’t “collar”.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 10:54 PM, Kayla Whittaker said:

Collar Keywords.jpg

Even more than boots and heels, you have ballet ? , cuffs go with collars they are not collars, blindfold also not a collar, they go with can be used as companion pieces, but that is what adding other items at the end is for to show that they can get cuffs or boots or whatever, same as arm binder. It includes Master in there so again a waste. comes with a matching  ***** ring and yet you did not include piercings, but you also kind of let that fall by the wayside where as some who may be actually searching for one might buy it for the ring and like the collar.

Another suggestion as it is Feb and it is a heart Collar - Valentine, just to make people crazier but be cool and remove it after the 14th :)

I often look at keywords to understand why something came up at all, it is a real mess, I think LL should show keywords in the listing not hide it in the view page source (ctrl U)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I often look at keywords to understand why something came up at all, it is a real mess, I think LL should show keywords in the listing not hide it in the view page source (ctrl U)

if they do that everybody will see that 95% of all listings can be reported for keyword spam. Which is why singling out just one merchant with a 14 (!!) day complete lockout ban seems a bit harsh to me, if not a bit unfair... If LL wanted to teach them a lesson i think 3 days would have been more than enough.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey both have scripts that can show them in red under the image in the MP. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 6:54 AM, Kayla Whittaker said:

Collar Keywords.jpg

Bondage, fetish, latex, steel (unless it is a steel collar) , rubber, kinky, fashion, mistress, master, female, male, dom, domme, transgender?!?!? Seriously? heels, boots. ballet, cuffs, gag, blindfold, armbinder.. None of these are appropriate keywords.  Transgender, really? Heels to armbinder are all other accessories. Dom, domme, mistress and master are all people who may buy this, but it doesnt describe the item at all. Neither do the genders.  Unisex would work. Kinky is an opinion as is fetish. 

It's a collar... you listed collar in the title, what more would you need? If i search for a BDSM chair, this collar will pop up. Hence, keyword spam. 

Also, your image is NOT PG for the forums.. Be prepared for a mod to pull it. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1899 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.