LSL EEP Scripting Documentation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens
6 hours ago, Jerilyn Acajou said:

I also face this problem as well. and to use llReplaceAgentEnvironment,  we have to ask permission everytime they tp to sim,   so what if I do llrepeatscan agent and found avatar then ask permission to change their eep,  and keep repeat the loop again and again.    
for right now,  I will ignore last visit avatar that come back within 4 hr since last visit.   but when I tp back to sim within 4 hr.  script won't ask permssion and replace agent eep won't happen as well, 

Actually, those functions operate from an experience, so the user will only be asked once. Although, you do need to follow the llRequestExperiencePermissions()/experience_permissions model before attempting to modify their environment. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2021 at 10:17 PM, Rider Linden said:

Actually, those functions operate from an experience, so the user will only be asked once. Although, you do need to follow the llRequestExperiencePermissions()/experience_permissions model before attempting to modify their environment. 

yes I notice only first time permission asking is enough , so the next time I tp to this parcel my EEP will always automatically changed.  Please correct me if I was wrong.

It's like my script have to keep repeat scan nearby agent and ask EEP permission  for those agents who give permission,   
Asking permission dialog will be skipped.  but still need llReplaceAgentEnvironment  command to change their EEP.

I think that it's not good idea to keep asking permission and llReplaceAgentEnvironment to change their EEP with llSensorRepeat command.  I just want it to be automatically change agent EEP

I read example EEP script from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlReplaceAgentEnvironment
agent have to touch prim every time they want to change EEP,  but I just want it to be automatically

• 1 month later...

I realize this thread is old, however it does appear to be the place to submit EEP with LSL feedback.

I can currently set parcel media via LSL, and parcel music via LSL, along with many other parcel-level configuration (ban/allow, prim cleanup, etc etc) . I notice "about land" has an EEP section. I would like to set the default parcel-level environment via LSL.

I do not want to have to set this /per agent/ via  llReplaceAgentEnvironment  , or llSetAgentEnvironment.  I want to set this at the parcel or region level. I would rather avoid the trouble of forcing all visitors to accept a land experience permission just to set the default EEP for the parcel. Neither would I like to do an end-around this limitation by using heavyweight scripted viewer agents to manipulate the parcel settings.

I understand that there are many good and interesting use cases for a per-user, experience driven EEP change. However, why isn't there a simple call for the parcel properties, for parcel owners? This would be simpler to set up and require far less script time or server resources than something that needs to inspect every visitor or uses scripted agents to set the parcel default, yes?

This is a separate issue than the "can we enforce EEP" that has taken up much of the earlier part of the thread. In my particular case it is *ok* if visitors change the environment locally, I just want the parcel default to be set appropriately, at appropriate times, via LSL.

Edited by Arrehn Oberlander

• 8 months later...

Hi Rider: 

I am not exactly clear on where LSL scripts containing commands to alter, say my own avatars environment would reside.  I am a very basic scripter and the script usually resides in an object in SL.  Would I be able to write a script that is in something I am wearing and have that script change my personal evironment?

Thank you

Whenever

17 minutes ago, Whenever Timeless said:

I am not exactly clear on where LSL scripts containing commands to alter, say my own avatars environment would reside.  I am a very basic scripter and the script usually resides in an object in SL.  Would I be able to write a script that is in something I am wearing and have that script change my personal evironment?

The functions which change an avatar's environment (llSetAgentEnvironment() and llReplaceAgentEnvironment() ) need to have experience permissions, so while you could certainly use them in an attachment, the script would still only work when you're on a parcel that has the experience the script is compiled to enabled.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
dropped a word

4 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

The functions which change an avatar's environment (llSetAgentEnvironment() and llReplaceAgentEnvironment() ) need to have experience permissions, so while you could certainly use them in an attachment, the script would still only work when you're on a parcel that has the experience the script is compiled to enabled.

Where would an EEP script usually be run from? When you say "the Experience"  does this have to relate to a parcel or can it relate to my own EEP environment's?

13 minutes ago, Whenever Timeless said:

Where would an EEP script usually be run from?

Probably some object rezzed in-world, possibly near a landing point so it can scan for avatars more efficiently.

14 minutes ago, Whenever Timeless said:

When you say "the Experience"  does this have to relate to a parcel or can it relate to my own EEP environment's?

Yes, both.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit confused about environments VS experiences.  What I want to do is  have is a script (somewhere) calculate a set of azimuth/elevations for the Sun position over a 24 hour day (I can figure out how to do this part) and then input those into an an environment that my Avatar would see.   I would change the script parameters : Lat, Lon and day of the year.  Is it possible to use llSetAgentEnvironment to replace the entire track of the sun, i.e. setting a whole list of keyframes in the sun cycle?  Or would I have to constantly keep update the sun position every few seconds and manage timing in the script?

43 minutes ago, Whenever Timeless said:

I am a bit confused about environments VS experiences.  What I want to do is  have is a script (somewhere) calculate a set of azimuth/elevations for the Sun position over a 24 hour day (I can figure out how to do this part) and then input those into an an environment that my Avatar would see.   I would change the script parameters : Lat, Lon and day of the year.  Is it possible to use llSetAgentEnvironment to replace the entire track of the sun, i.e. setting a whole list of keyframes in the sun cycle?  Or would I have to constantly keep update the sun position every few seconds and manage timing in the script?

Take a look at the docs for llSetAgentEnvironment - that provides the functionality that you need. You don't need a fast timer either, as the function incorporates it's own transition logic, so you can use a slower timer in your script, and make use of the function's 'transition time' parameter instead.

2 minutes ago, Jenna Huntsman said:

llSetAgentEnvironment

This function only works as a part of an experience, which (as evidenced above) precludes it from being used by most non-premium members and very novice scripters.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm chiming in a bit late in this thread, my apologies for that... but I have a comment about the discussion and then a question...

People in SL go to great lengths and spend a lot of time to provide a certain environment for people who visit. The artists/creators work hard to create their work to be seen. Very often, the artist/creator intends for the work to be seen in very specific lighting. I've hosted exhibits where people ignored the suggested settings and viewed it as they wished. Not seeing it as they should ... they will remark about how "weird" or "strange" it appeared because they were simply not seeing it the way that it was intended. Please keep that in mind.

I too have been to sims that require you to participate in an Experience in order to be on the sim. They will eject you from the sim if you do not. The entire point of Experiences is to provide certain settings like windlight, camera positions and even teleporting to match the type of environment that is desired by the people who built it. Accepting an Experience is optional... however, letting you onto the sim is also the option of the Land owner/manager.

Now for my question...

I'm working on a project utilizing the LlGetEnvironment function... It appears that several of the constants used as parameters do not match up to actual environment options. There are a few environment options for customization that do not seem to have corresponding parameters, also. Or, perhaps they are just named differently for LSL scripting? Is there a "key" that indicates the corresponding environment options for the parameters in the LlGetEnvironment function?

Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 515 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.