How determining the maturity level of a selling item of mine

Gianni Lupindo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My Marketplace store sells GL Offhand Teleporter, a HUD that teleport you in any random region, including the ones rated as "Adult". So as a precautionary measure I set the maturity level of my product as "Adult" even though it doesn't immediately show any adult content unless you choose to teleport yourself to a random region and you happen just in an adult region. I wish to low the maturity level of my product as "General" but I don't know if that is the right choice. How should I regulate? I'm modifying this product to let users choose the maximum SIM rate but I still don't know how to set its maturity level. This page didn't help me: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#adult-guidelines. Suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gianni Lupindo
Wrong link

• Moderators
On 1/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, Gianni Lupindo said:

Since nobody answers I'm going to set the maturity level of GL Offhand Teleporter 1.2, the last version that lets users choose the maximum SIM rate, as "General". I really hope to do the right thing.

Hi Gianni!

If your item itself is not Adult, then you do not need to set it to the Adult maturity rating.

The simplest way to determine if the listing should be set to adult is to ask yourself the following questions:

Does your item show any nudity? 

Does your item contain sexual animations?

Does your item show or describe death?

Does your item show or have text words that are about drugs?

If you can answer No to those 4 questions, then your item does not need to be set to Adult.

Hope this helps!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Dakota Linden said:

The simplest way to determine if the listing should be set to adult is to ask yourself the following questions:

Does your item show any nudity? 

Does your item contain sexual animations?

That's OK. I thank you for your help, Dakota; but... even though my item doesn't show nudity or contain sexual animations I wrongly thought however it could take someone within an adult SIM, even more so for the previous versions which didn't ask users for the SIM rate. At this point I'm going to set these versions as General too. Thanks again.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Gianni Lupindo said:

That's OK. I thank you for your help, Dakota; but... even though my item doesn't show nudity or contain sexual animations I wrongly thought however it could take someone within an adult SIM, even more so for the previous versions which didn't ask users for the SIM rate. At this point I'm going to set these versions as General too. Thanks again.

Hi Gianni!

You are very welcome!

Even though the buyer could add a TP location for an Adult location after they buy the item, it isn't necessary for you to list your item as adult, since the item itself isn't adult.

4 minutes ago, Dakota Linden said:

Even though the buyer could add a TP location for an Adult location after they buy the item, it isn't necessary for you to list your item as adult, since the item itself isn't adult.

No, you didn't get it: it's not the buyer to add a TP for and Adult location but my teleporter for random! The last version allows to choose the SIM rate though.

Edited by Gianni Lupindo
a word too much

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Gianni Lupindo said:

No, you didn't get it: it's not the buyer to add a TP for and Adult location but my teleporter for random! The last version allows to choose the SIM rate though.

Hi Gianni!

For clarification, your item will randomly select a location for the user to Teleport to and of those random locations, it may choose an Adult location?

That is fine.  The item itself still isn't an Adult item, but you might want to put a note on the Item Description, if you do not have one already, letting buyers know that the random location could end up being an Adult Location. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/8/2019 at 1:01 AM, Dakota Linden said:

For clarification, your item will randomly select a location for the user to Teleport to and of those random locations, it may choose an Adult location?

That is fine.  The item itself still isn't an Adult item, but you might want to put a note on the Item Description, if you do not have one already, letting buyers know that the random location could end up being an Adult Location. 

I already did that 🙂 Thanks for your help, Dakota!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

@Dakota Linden What if the item contains sexual animations in it's inventory but they are not active in the menu?

I have a huge list of things I've purchased like this, many are General in MP.

I believe as long as there is no adulty stuff accessible without "hacking" it (meaning: out of the box) then it can be rated "general" - AND as long as they do not advertise that there's anything adulty in it.

I am expert making AVsitter stuff and the easiest way to make a PG and Adult version of anything is to make the adult version first, then remove the menus for the adult parts to have a PG only version. THAT will qualify it as either "Mature" or "General" rating - even though the contents still have the adult animations. This is because you must "hack" the AVpos notecard, inside the contents, to turn on the adult aspects.

This example is *theoretical* because AVsitter tools have a script to remove all non-referenced animations. So after removing the "adult" portions from the menu notecard, run the tool and those adult animations will be removed. (Just smart business so people cannot buy the G or PG version and then hack it into an adult version).

BUT, MOST people who use AVsitter in their stuff don't know AV sitter very well at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

This example is *theoretical* because AVsitter tools have a script to remove all non-referenced animations. So after removing the "adult" portions from the menu notecard, run the tool and those adult animations will be removed. (Just smart business so people cannot buy the G or PG version and then hack it into an adult version).

I just used that old piece of code and was greeted with a lot of "missing anim" script warnings... It is not compatible with the AV-faces plugin LOL... don't use it if you know how to use AV-faces to play bento facial expressions... obviously must be a relict from before bento times... ;)

If it cannot handle animations played with AV-faces (which uses the AVpos NC) I see no way of it working with more elaborate setups which also include tail or wings anims.

Edited by Fionalein

6 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

I just used that old piece of code and was greeted with a lot of "missing anim" script warnings... It is not compatible with the AV-faces plugin LOL... don't use it if you know how to use AV-faces to play bento facial expressions... obviously must be a relict from before bento times... ;)

If it cannot handle animations played with AV-faces (which uses the AVpos NC) I see no way of it working with more elaborate setups which also include tail or wings anims.

Yes, it only checks for POSE and SYNC commands - if an animation file is not found in those lines it offers to delete them for you. I never use the Faces commands (before or after Bento) because when I have (previously, long time ago) - no one ever noticed them and even when told about them most expressed to me they rarely ever see them because they are usually cammed in on a different angle or the face is too far away to be seen clearly.

Since it's a lot of extra work to do the faces bit, I never do it, myself. :)

BUTTTT - the script is open source, so any script-hacker can easily add those lines into it to protect those animation files, I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

BUTTTT - the script is open source, so any script-hacker can easily add those lines into it to protect those animation files, I'm sure.

That would be as much work as deleting the adult anims. I have no problem with someone hacking a PG item into being audult... they will have to sync the poses and set up sequences for that... as well as set up multiple intensities/speeds. That is the real work and I doubt many will want to go through this.

IMHO the real problem lies in selling adult animations to potentially underage customers,... They cannot use them if you put the item with deactivated stuff in your moderate garden. But they will be able to use them if they unbox or hack the item they bought.

17 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

But they will be able to use them if they unbox or hack the item they bought.

Yes, and this is my point. Since they must hack the items in question - the item can still be listed in MP as G or PG because "out of the box" that's all it is (as long as you do not describe that there are adult animation files included, etc, because MP rules are if the Item or the *description* includes adult content then it must be rated that).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1947 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.