Remedies to declining SL?

Oct Oyen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/22/2018 at 6:08 PM, Oct Oyen said:

"SL is dying" is nothing new for those of us who have been around for while. That being said, I'm a bit worry about its steadily declining stats. These days I hardly encounter real new residents who are less than two years old, it's mostly people who joined SL during the hype era and their shinny alts or days old residents who are lost and confused. Is SL suffering from Facebook syndrome? i.e. current state of SL just doesn't appeal to new generations. If that's the case, then LL should be very worry about the declining stats.

I hope to get the conversation started before it's too late. What are things LL can do to retain new residents? IMO, SL is a sandbox game. It's also a huge and complex world. It would be very helpful for LL to create a comprehensive how-to video tutorials.  For building stuff, starting with inworld prims and then move on to open-source software like Blender and Gimp. Like Torley Linden used to do, whatever happen to him? His vids aren't on LL Youtube channel. Tutorial vids on LL channels are piece-mealed together from different authors on various topics. A coherent and comprehensive bite-size tutorials can be a good guide for new comers. This is my suggestion from builders point of view.

we need to keep tutorials at a simple and quick rate and don't make them into lengthy ages. the quicker they can be read and understood the more satisfied customers. the more completed projects customer also feel good and are excited to start on the next one.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, BeautifulXu said:

ages

Pages?

customers

Users?

the more completed projects customer also feel good and are excited to start on the next one.

Referring to the developers? Else why would the "customers" be "excited to start on the next one", they aren't the ones "completing projects".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pages?

Users?

Referring to the developers? Else why would the "customers" be "excited to start on the next one", they aren't the ones "completing projects".

then fix it so they get some credit for completion! they pay pay full price and get nothing. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 930 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.