SL does not work Public Places

King45Gamer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

No, because you are wasting company time and resources.  Take a deck of cards and play Solitaire at your desk and see how long you keep a job.  Playing online is the same concept.

I get that but its school lol I mean the Habbo Hotel and other games used to work and suddenly they started stop loading the client basically it never opens nowadays same as SL. As far as gaming other games works fine but none applications ones which you need to download which require a .exe extension.  And I understand what your saying but I thought once I am out like any place public with my PC i could play it any where it is a Virtual world after all.

Just now, King45Gamer said:

I get that but its school lol I mean the Habbo Hotel and other games used to work and suddenly they started stop loading the client basically it never opens nowadays same as SL. As far as gaming other games works fine but none applications ones which you need to download which require a .exe extension.  And I understand what your saying but I thought once I am out like any place public with my PC i could play it any where it is a Virtual world after all.

You're not supposed to be playing games in school or at work. You're supposed to be working/doing school work. Employers don't pay you to play and parents don't pay out the nose for education for you to goof off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You're not supposed to be playing games in school or at work. You're supposed to be working/doing school work. Employers don't pay you to play and parents don't pay out the nose for education for you to goof off.

I never said I play during school or work but I was trying to see if works during my school break time when i have nothing to do at work like at lunch etc. 

6 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

what?

[eta]
Aw, never mind

You can't play because it's blocked.  Unless you can find a dirty internet connection, you will be limited to what ever content that network's fire has enabled if any. 

There is no way to disable it I could try VM if that works or Rabbit (VPS)

Edited by King45Gamer

30 minutes ago, King45Gamer said:

Habbo Hotel was browser based if I remember?. Also, rather than playing SL on your break at school why dont you do some homework and focus on getting even better grades than you have now?.

• Like 1

I never said I play during school or work but I was trying to see if works during my school break time when i have nothing to do at work like at lunch etc. 

I didn't say you did. 

Schools and places of work have good reason to not allow just any program to be installed on their equipment or their connection(s) be used to access places they have disallowed. It's for your protection as well as the school's/place of work. Not to mention the legal connotations. Too many people are sue happy as well as filing criminal charges for even the most minor of things.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

Habbo Hotel was browser based if I remember?. Also, rather than playing SL on your break at school why dont you do some homework and focus on getting even better grades than you have now?.

It is both, I my grades are good I mean  I mean its  not like playing on or keep playing games at school or work was testing too see  if SL works in a public environment  but it does not its not like I play play play everyday lol.

5 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I didn't say you did. 

Schools and places of work have good reason to not allow just any program to be installed on their equipment or their connection(s) be used to access places they have disallowed. It's for your protection as well as the school's/place of work. Not to mention the legal connotations. Too many people are sue happy as well as filing criminal charges for even the most minor of things.

Ok what about a library It does not work there as well :( I mean no one is even working.

2 minutes ago, King45Gamer said:

It is both, I my grades are good I mean  I mean its  not like playing on or keep playing games at school or work was testing too see  if SL works in a public environment  but it does not its not like I play play play everyday lol.

Judging by the fact your name is "King45Gamer" I think you probably play SL and other games more than you are letting on :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

Judging by the fact your name is "King45Gamer" I think you probably play SL and other games more than you are letting on :P

Well at my free time at home yes But I mean not at public places I get some times network admins block content or sites and servers as they content graphic or adult content I was testing to see if it work at any public places but I guess not.

Ok what about a library It does not work there as well :( I mean no one is even working.

Libraries aren't for playing games. They are for reading, studying and doing research.

Try a coffee shop. Or some other place that won't mind you sucking up a lot of bandwidth to play games.

• Like 1

Hey King...

I agree with the many others who have told you that you ought to be concentrating on work when you are at work, and school when you are at school.

But let's put that aside for a moment.

When you're at home, do you leave your home network open?  I mean, do you you let people just pull their cars up in front of your house and log onto the web using your network?  Or how about this...do you leave your smartphone turned on in WiFi Hotspot mode all the time, and let anyone near you use it to access the internet?

I bet you don't.  I sure don't, and probably for the same reasons that YOU don't.  1) It's a security risk.  You don't know what some stranger is gonna do once they're on your network.  Plus, 2) It costs you money, or at least degrades your network performance.  And, 3) it's MY (your) network!  I paid for it!  Go get your own, you damn freeloaders!

Well, your school and your boss feel exactly the same way about it.  They didn't set those networks up and buy all that hardware so some layabouts could play games.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.