Linden Realms

Kiwi Runo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@Abnor Mole I see Linden Realms is down again, I've some other quest not working that had not been reported here yet, All the mole profile say to put in a support portal ticket but there's no category for Linden Realms, so how and where is the best place to report them?  

quest 3 at the swamp I touch the page to get the quest then when i try to do the quest it's saying i have no started the quest.

[15:19] Magellan's Journal Page: What does it say? Oh no, more lyrics... “Hate to put your foot down in the toxic water. Rock monster eat ya, look out for muddy mortars. Find what you seek across the big old gross and green river.” *groans*
What does it say? Oh no, more lyrics... “Hate to put your foot down in the toxic water. Rock monster eat ya, look out for muddy mortars. Find what you seek across the big old gross and green river.” *groans*

[15:20] Tyrah: You did not touch the page from Magellan's Journal to start this quest. You may continue, but you cannot complete this quest unless you return and touch Magellan's journal page now.

NOTE this is the 2nd time I'm do the quest ,  I've all ready completed all 4 once, wondering if that's part of the issue?  but  I was able to complete the first 2 again. 

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Odd that not many people are saying, “This is more fun!” Nobody likes change, but everyone has to deal with change, over the coarse of their lives.

I like it, beside finding crystals I've been trying to clime the highest objects to see how high i can get, all been trying to jump across some of the rock bridges one has a nest that looks like it belongs to an old rock monster. I found the moles camp fire to.   

• Like 3

8 hours ago, romeoxdd said:

please don't miss quote me I never said:

" Now the maps are bigger and it's harder to play. I do not get blue and green. and it is very difficult to gather oranges.The stones they chew malfunction, I was running away from one of them, I was bitten, but I was far away. the moving sands are also wrong, you run close to him and also drag you inside "

Not sure what you mean by the maps are bigger, its the same 16 sims just with new landscaping.  It's not hard to get around if you use the road signs.

The new rock monsters don't use collision any more, there ether sensing or using cast ray ether way just means you have to sat father way, same with the and stones.

For the jumping stone I always walk when jumping instead of run, that way I don't over compensate when trying to get close to the edge.

I agree I"m getting fewer orange, but i'm still learning the new lay out so not focused on getting crystals, Blue and green even after the slow down I'm getting more then I did at the old LR 

It took me weeks to get good at the old LR not expecting it to go any faster this time.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, phaedra Exonar said:

I like it, beside finding crystals I've been trying to clime the highest objects to see how high i can get, all been trying to jump across some of the rock bridges one has a nest that looks like it belongs to an old rock monster. I found the moles camp fire to.   

highest place I've got to so far was 82 meters,  haven't found any crystals in the really hard to get places that's to bad 

• Moles
19 hours ago, phaedra Exonar said:

@Abnor Mole I see Linden Realms is down again, I've some other quest not working that had not been reported here yet, All the mole profile say to put in a support portal ticket but there's no category for Linden Realms, so how and where is the best place to report them?  

quest 3 at the swamp I touch the page to get the quest then when i try to do the quest it's saying i have no started the quest.

[15:19] Magellan's Journal Page: What does it say? Oh no, more lyrics... “Hate to put your foot down in the toxic water. Rock monster eat ya, look out for muddy mortars. Find what you seek across the big old gross and green river.” *groans*
What does it say? Oh no, more lyrics... “Hate to put your foot down in the toxic water. Rock monster eat ya, look out for muddy mortars. Find what you seek across the big old gross and green river.” *groans*

[15:20] Tyrah: You did not touch the page from Magellan's Journal to start this quest. You may continue, but you cannot complete this quest unless you return and touch Magellan's journal page now.

NOTE this is the 2nd time I'm do the quest ,  I've all ready completed all 4 once, wondering if that's part of the issue?  but  I was able to complete the first 2 again. 

If Linden Realms is offline or the portal is closed you can be sure we know there is a problem (because we are the ones who closed it). It seems there might have been a problem communications with the KVP server last night. That would explain why it wasn't registering that you had touched the page. 

I'll give you all a strategy tip while I'm here. Since green crystals are scarce and you need one in order to complete the first quest, once you finish the quests don't redeem all of your crystals yet. You need to finish the quests again in one week, but that doesn't means you can't *play* the quests again ahead of time to get ready to turn them in next week. So, if you have at least one green crystal you found while running the quests you just finished, play the first quest again BEFORE turning in all your crystals. After that you can also do the remaining quests any time within the next week. You don't have to wait until the week is expired. When the week has expired, turn in the quests and repeat the process. That way you shouldn't be stuck in a situation where you need a green crystal and can't do anything until you find one. ;)

Rule of thumb is: Once you have a green, even if you are within the week and can turn it in, do the first quest again so it is completed before the week runs out.

Edited by Abnor Mole
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Abnor Mole said:

I'll give you all a strategy tip while I'm here. Since green crystals are scarce and you need one in order to complete the first quest, once you finish the quests don't redeem all of your crystals yet. You need to finish the quests again in one week, but that doesn't means you can *play* the quests again ahead of time to get ready to turn them in next week. So, if you have at least one green crystal you found while running the quests you just finished, play the first quest again BEFORE turning in all your crystals. After that you can also do the remaining quests any time within the next week. You don't have to wait until the week is expired. When the week has expired, turn in the quests and repeat the process. That way you shouldn't be stuck in a situation where you need a green crystal and can't do anything until you find one. ;)

Rule of thumb is: Once you have a green, even if you are within the week and can turn it in, do the first quest again so it is completed before the week runs out.

Thank you!

i have been reading alot here how awful the new realms is and the "poor" crystal hunters cant cash in as much as they did before (whine whine), so i had to give it a go...

i havent laughed as much in SL for a long time :) The new Realms is FAB!! ive had a great few hours trying to do all the quests, some harder than others. i have really enjoyed myself ? i love the animations when you get caught. 

i like that you cant just go in and collect crystals without doing the quest, hopefully it will keep the leachers out. even better that you have to redo it every week :) 

i think this change was needed so well done Linden Lab :) i will go back in next week and do the quests again cos i actually enjoyed myself!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Elise Banx said:

i have been reading alot here how awful the new realms is and the "poor" crystal hunters cant cash in as much as they did before (whine whine), so i had to give it a go...

i havent laughed as much in SL for a long time :) The new Realms is FAB!! ive had a great few hours trying to do all the quests, some harder than others. i have really enjoyed myself ? i love the animations when you get caught. 

i like that you cant just go in and collect crystals without doing the quest, hopefully it will keep the leachers out. even better that you have to redo it every week :) 

i think this change was needed so well done Linden Lab :) i will go back in next week and do the quests again cos i actually enjoyed myself!!

(editing the quote acts up so I´ll leave the whole quote^^)

it is super cute and fun and... they call the few L$  you could get out of Realms MUCH? Now that´s a good joke^^ it adds up over time but it´s this teeny tiny extra pocket money you need to save for it to be usefullfor a serious shopping spree ^^

Expecting to be rich is the wrong attitude ... enjoying the experience is the key....or just hop into one of the other experiences^^

hi everyone, I actually loved the new Linden Realms, the quests were more challenging than before and more fun!! 

Well, I'm stuck at the 3rd quest( the crossing the swamp one) and I keep dying on toxic water, crap hahah

I've been playing SL for almost 6 years and this is my first time posting on the forums lol

• Like 3

I thought I would give the new linden realms a whirl, as I had been playing in the old realms for a few years, made some lindens for my forever-expanding wardrobe and thoroughly enjoyed playing, except for the constant cheaters and campers, never understood their mentality at all.

Anyway, at first, I thought I was never going to complete one quest, let alone four! Well, practice makes perfect and once I got the hang of it, there was no stopping me, I was like a women possessed, whilst chuckling to myself when being caught by the rock monsters, which by the way, we spend so much time together now, we’re on first name terms.

I am running around aimlessly heading for certain places only to find myself exactly where I just started from, but then, in RL I’m a bit like that.

In the desert, those whirly sand dunes that send me into a spin got me a tad annoyed…my cat and kitten now think their names are, ‘Oh for the love of god’ and ‘You have got to be kidding me’.

I have since repeated the quests and if I can do them…anyone can!

So far, I think it’s great fun, I bump into others, others bump into me, we apologise, it’s all so civilised.

I’ve seen a few bits and pieces from the old realms, yesterday, whilst exploring after one of the quests, I saw part of the old ‘Whisper Hollow’ sign….

Just think, once we all get to know the layout off by heart, the quests will be too easy.

It’s new and some don’t like change, familiar is comfortable, but in a few weeks, people will wonder what they were moaning about and maybe the cheaters still won’t have figured out how they can make their little lives easier by being lazy and dull. If they put the same enthusiasm into the game as they do looking for ways to cheat, they might enjoy it.

• Like 3

On 9/28/2018 at 9:28 PM, ellestones said:

the puffers (sentinels) are slow to kill, and because they are slow the puffers are easily defeated. Players who are unaware of how to defeat the puffers get puffer-killed by those who do know and attack other players with scripted kick colliders

wow the more I read the more i wish i had visited. Not to collect a few miserable pennies worth of crystals though. ?

8 hours ago, menschling Aabye said:

which is the best LR to hunt crystals ? 

The one with the least people in it...  

You can't just run in circle all day in one area any more, need to move to different areas, so changing realms my help to, but I  haven't seen any one realm better then an other,  it's really just a matter of timing.  When it rains it pours. hit the right time/area and you can get tons of green or orange.   When there's fewer crystals explore more or redo the quest if you need to.

4 hours ago, AnneMara said:

right now almost every green or blue crystal is a fake one you can't click or run over so why not just stop the game?

I had the same problem the last 2 days but just in the swamp the other sims were fine for blue and green for me.  if you touch them and they just disappear its like your connection and your viewer is just not updating them being gone, but the last 2 days in the swamp they just seem broke  

On 10/17/2018 at 10:14 PM, LilacHaze said:

I thought I would give the new linden realms a whirl, as I had been playing in the old realms for a few years, made some lindens for my forever-expanding wardrobe and thoroughly enjoyed playing, except for the constant cheaters and campers, never understood their mentality at all.

Anyway, at first, I thought I was never going to complete one quest, let alone four! Well, practice makes perfect and once I got the hang of it, there was no stopping me, I was like a women possessed, whilst chuckling to myself when being caught by the rock monsters, which by the way, we spend so much time together now, we’re on first name terms.

I am running around aimlessly heading for certain places only to find myself exactly where I just started from, but then, in RL I’m a bit like that.

In the desert, those whirly sand dunes that send me into a spin got me a tad annoyed…my cat and kitten now think their names are, ‘Oh for the love of god’ and ‘You have got to be kidding me’.

I have since repeated the quests and if I can do them…anyone can!

So far, I think it’s great fun, I bump into others, others bump into me, we apologise, it’s all so civilised.

I’ve seen a few bits and pieces from the old realms, yesterday, whilst exploring after one of the quests, I saw part of the old ‘Whisper Hollow’ sign….

Just think, once we all get to know the layout off by heart, the quests will be too easy.

It’s new and some don’t like change, familiar is comfortable, but in a few weeks, people will wonder what they were moaning about and maybe the cheaters still won’t have figured out how they can make their little lives easier by being lazy and dull. If they put the same enthusiasm into the game as they do looking for ways to cheat, they might enjoy it.

The desert one got me annoyed so much, but I'm currently stuck at the swamp, where we have to cross the swamp without falling into the toxic water.

I'm glad you made it. Hope I will too heheh

22 minutes ago, nfay91 said:

The desert one got me annoyed so much, but I'm currently stuck at the swamp, where we have to cross the swamp without falling into the toxic water.

I'm glad you made it. Hope I will too heheh

If I could earn crystals for every time I fall into the toxic water...I'd be linden rich. Keep it up, perseverance pays off, you'll do it x  

Edited by LilacHaze
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.