Male Mesh Body *

Error403Forbidden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello every one!

I've been on SL for a long time and I'm still desperately trying to replicate the flesh behind the screen. Unlike most of the males I've seen on SL, I have no desire for a ripped rock hard stomach packed with abs, I'd prefer my wholesome, well fed, average body that I have RL. Currently, I am sporting the Belleza Jake body with a Catwa Dino head. I tried using the V-Tech Mod for the Matriya body, aka a Female body with a male chest, so that I could have a regular stomach and arms, but it just wasn't looking right and the complete abandonment of the Belleza Jake would leave me with a  lot of clothes that will no longer fit.

If anyone has skin suggestions to help hide those abs, or maybe even shapes, please shout me out!

I don't know what body this is, or if it even is a body in SL, but this would be my desired end result for how i want my body on SL to look.

26bd286f1727ba77b7dd6e46dfd0ba8d.png

• Like 1

That's a great looking body! A good friend of mine was considering a mesh body if, and only if, he could find a skin for it that had the same look. We searched high and low to find a skin like this and couldn't find one. I hope you find one. I'll be watching so I can let him know. :) 

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

That's a great looking body! A good friend of mine was considering a mesh body if, and only if, he could find a skin for it that had the same look. We searched high and low to find a skin like this and couldn't find one. I hope you find one. I'll be watching so I can let him know. :) 

Yes, I'm tired of looking like a super model lol I just wanna be average ha ha!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I think that body is far from average. I think it's very attractive. In fact, I'd rather be on the arm of a guy with that body than someone who is all ripped, but then I've never found the muscleman build attractive in the least.

This forum is not for a matter of opinion, I'm looking for what I consider an average male body in SL and any help to find it is what I'm looking for :)

Edited by TyrranaxH
  • Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Same here, but getting there!

The point of this forum is to try and find an average, "I don't work out every day of my life" body. I love muscle, but it's not what I look like RL. To each their own, a lot of people don't want to look the way they do RL in SL, but I do so I'm searching for this body or one like it. :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TyrranaxH said:

This forum is not for a matter of opinion, I'm looking for what I consider an average male body in SL and any help to find it is what I'm looking for :)

Okay, I bow out. I only responded that way because of this 

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

...said no one ever! ??

1 minute ago, janetosilio said:

I think it’s not so much the body you want, but a skin.

I really don’t know too much about male skins to help or give suggestions  but I do think the skin is what’s going to make the difference.

I agree. I think I'm going to have to find a skin. Although in the 3D model of the Balleza Jake body, the abs are built right in, but if a skin can mask that effect that'd be great.

51 minutes ago, TyrranaxH said:

The point of this forum is to try and find an average, "I don't work out every day of my life" body.

That's why you posted, but hey! Welcome to public forums, which have a way of taking on a life of their own. Once you've posted, anyone can respond (more or less) however they'd like. No one's been rude, or even exceptionally off topic, so count yourself lucky. 

Skell Dagger's got a lovely blog that may help you out; I've definitely seen him post "softer," less muscle-bound skins in the past. You can also try sharing that photo or similar photos depicting your desired look in a couple groups inworld and see if anyone has advice for similar skins. Mesh Body Addicts and Skin Addiction have been quite helpful to me in the past. 

As it happens, that designer also has a Flickr and still seems active in SL, so you could also consider messaging them inworld or commenting on the image on Flickr inquiring about the skin (although, to my inexperienced eye, it looks photoshopped, kind of heavily, maybe.) 

Wish I had more, but I'm not personally well-versed in the world of men's items in SL. Good luck! 

• Thanks 1

Well that ad is a render from a 3d modeling program. So you’re never going to look exactly like that in-world. That’s because it’s taken from a different program. A lot of creators are using 3d renders for their ads these days.

General rule of thumb: If it looks like something you’ve never seen in SL, it’s not from SL.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Well that ad is a render from a 3d modeling program. So you’re never going to look exactly like that in-world. That’s because it’s taken from a different program. A lot of creators are using 3d renders for their ads these days.

General rule of thumb: If it looks like something you’ve never seen in SL, it’s not from SL.

Looking closely at the background and the accessories worn, I think that is an in-world photo.

Just now, Blush Bravin said:

Looking closely at the background and the accessories worn, I think that is an in-world photo.

The entire picture its self was taken in world by me. It's an ad from a  clothing event. 

4 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

12 minutes ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

That's why you posted, but hey! Welcome to public forums, which have a way of taking on a life of their own. Once you've posted, anyone can respond (more or less) however they'd like. No one's been rude, or even exceptionally off topic, so count yourself lucky. 

Skell Dagger's got a lovely blog that may help you out; I've definitely seen him post "softer," less muscle-bound skins in the past. You can also try sharing that photo or similar photos depicting your desired look in a couple groups inworld and see if anyone has advice for similar skins. Mesh Body Addicts and Skin Addiction have been quite helpful to me in the past. 

As it happens, that designer also has a Flickr and still seems active in SL, so you could also consider messaging them inworld or commenting on the image on Flickr inquiring about the skin (although, to my inexperienced eye, it looks photoshopped, kind of heavily, maybe.) 

Wish I had more, but I'm not personally well-versed in the world of men's items in SL. Good luck! 

I like to keep things to the point as possible.

I'll def take a look. If worse comes to worse I'll have to commission someone.

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

OP photographed the ad inworld and posted it, but the ad itself was likely made using a separate program. Or, at least, the base of it was: the person, which is what the OP wants to emulate. The items and accessories MAY have been photoshopped onto the model, or are also part of the 3d rendering. It is, as previously mentioned, distressingly common nowadays; although, really, it's always happened. I recall a shoe creator I used to love who did this - prim feet in prim shoes, with the ads made using a 3d program so that what you bought never looked quite the same as the ad. It's frustrating, since it makes the final look impossible to achieve inworld. We've gotten pretty far in SL, but detail like that isn't really feasible, still. Might still be worth asking the clothing creator behind the ad, but don't be surprised if the answer is "I don't remember."

Inworld groups are still worth a shot; that particular skin may not exist, but something similar likely does, somewhere. 

I know of one creator offhand who does a tattoo finge this purpose, but she does female skins; "femboy" or androgynous are the closest you'd probably get, there. 

Edited by Ariel Vuissent

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Stupid me!! I was referring to the second pic and not the one the OP originally posted. I need to drink more coffee before posting when I wake up. Yes, the OP's original pic definitely looks as though it is from a 3d render program and not inside SL. My apologies. 

OP, sadly there isn't much choice for people like you and me who want a realisticly average but clearly male body.

• The Signature Geralt has mesh abs, but at least the arms are not oversized. With a smooth skin it's passable, but the clothing choice is horrid, right now I'm about ready to give up on it.
  • The Jake is ... beta quality at best, the constantly splayed hands are a huge turn off. But it has good clothing support.
  • The Slink is average and rather good, but the clothing support isn't there.

The rest, are too overmuscled in my eyes, or a hack on a female body (which means large hips).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.