LL advertising private businesses in their blog?

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Unfortunately this thread was not about LL showcasing SL talent. It was about how someone thought it unfair that a Linden would give credit for the items worn by the Linden in an official Linden Lab blog post and then it digressed even further to cast aspersions on one of SL's nicest most generous creators. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
added: official Linden Lab
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Unfortunately this thread was not about LL showcasing SL talent. It was about how someone thought it unfair that a Linden would give credit for the items worn by the Linden in a blog post and then it digressed even further to cast aspersions on one of SL's nicest most generous creators.

Well no, I think the root of it (at least it was the question I asked Phil) was whether it was okay for LL to showcase some via advertising without providing the same opportunity for all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well no, I think the root of it (at least it was the question I asked Phil) was whether it was okay for LL to showcase some via advertising without providing the same opportunity for all.

He would not have posted in the first place had it not been for the blog post. He posted because he objected. Yes, you can try and find a nugget of something positive in what he said but ultimately, IMO, that's what it boils down to.

Anyway, I guess I need to break my computer so I can resist responding in this thread. Lord help me!

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Hintswen Guardian said:

Want to go have a look at ticket #1244377 then? I was told it can't be done.

I looked and the context of your ask is out of scope of what we would offer.  The answer on your case is correct.  If you would like more details, contact me directly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 9/6/2018 at 6:30 PM, Blush Bravin said:

He would not have posted in the first place had it not been for the blog post. He posted because he objected. Yes, you can try and find a nugget of something positive in what he said but ultimately, IMO, that's what it boils down to.

Anyway, I guess I need to break my computer so I can resist responding in this thread. Lord help me!

I posted the thread because I don't like the idea of LL using the official blog to advertise individual businesses, unless the ads are available to all. That's what the first post said, that's what was meant then, and that's what I mean now. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion of what I meant, and what it boils down to, but the horses mouth (me) says that it boils down to exactly what was written in the first post.

On 9/6/2018 at 6:23 PM, Blush Bravin said:

then it digressed even further to cast aspersions on one of SL's nicest most generous creators. 

You must have been reading another thread, because nobody in this one cast aspersions on Blueberry. The relationship between Blueberry and LL was questioned because of its appearance, but that's entirely different.

You really should get your facts right when making bold statements.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/6/2018 at 6:12 PM, Blush Bravin said:

You can only beat a dead horse so long before it begins to stink. This thread has run it's course. Please put us all out of our misery.

What? You are not familiar with the simple technique of not reading a thread any more when you've had enough of it? Good grief! lol

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.