Remitly as payment/credit method

Nescolet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I have been introduced to Remitly, (https://www.remitly.com) which is like Paypal and Skrill but has much better integration with local banks outside US, making it easier and simpler to transfer funds directly to bank account without having to transfer to a debit card first. Let me suggest to Linden Labs to add the option to add a Remitly account to our "Payment methods" so we can transfer money into an account in their service. Pretty please!

Edited by Nescolet
minor correction
  • Confused 1

12 answers to this question

Thank you. It's good to get thoughtful ideas in the JIRA pipeline.  Anyone else who is interested should understand that Linden Lab does not pay attention to "votes" in the JIRA but does take all additional information into account in evaluating concerns.  

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

If you use PayPal and link it to a RL bank account, you don't have to go through an intermediate "debit card" step.

That only works for bank accounts inside US. I said Remitly has much better support for banks outside US.

Edited by Nescolet
spelling correction

2 hours ago, Nescolet said:

That only works for bank accounts inside US. I said Remitly has much better support for banks outside US.

I live in the Netherlands and my bank account is supported just fine by Paypal. Plus they even have a Dutch contactnumber with a very helpful supportdesk.

Edited by Jules Catlyn
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

I live in the Netherlands and my bank account is supported just fine by Paypal. Plus they even have a Dutch contactnumber with a very helpful supportdesk.

That's not the case in my country. No local bank supported by Paypal and no local contact number.

2 hours ago, Nescolet said:

simply not reflecting reality, when something is better for you, doesn't mean it's better for all of the world.

If you would post where you are, it would bring perhaps some more clearness.

• Confused 1

On 8/11/2018 at 4:20 PM, Nescolet said:

On 8/11/2018 at 4:12 PM, Jules Catlyn said:

I just did a little Googling and the number of countries it seems to be available in is very limited.

It's available in my country. That's enough interesting for me to propose it as an alternative to Paypal :)

If there are a very limited number of countries that it is available in, the change request has a much smaller chance of happening.  LL is not likely to spend time on setting up another billing method if the chance of it gaining them anything doesn't outweigh the costs of the development.

Who knows, maybe you'll get lucky.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

19 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

simply not reflecting reality, when something is better for you, doesn't mean it's better for all of the world.

If you would post where you are, it would bring perhaps some more clearness.

Alwin, I don't care about your specific reality and your view of reality as a whole. I never said Remitly will be better for "all the world"! It will be better for all the countries where Paypal does not support local bank accounts. It is not relevant for this matter to say where I am.

7 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

I just did a little Googling and the number of countries it seems to be available in is very limited.

It's available in my country. That's enough interesting for me to propose it as an alternative to Paypal :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2042 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.