Store name doubt

Lara Aulder

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know if this the right place to post, but i'm just in doubt about the name for my new store. Can you guys help me decide one? Two options only to choose and I cant decide! :C The store will focus on simple, elegant and comfortable wear, high-quality products having black and white as main.

a) Le Noir & Blanc or  b) Le Noir & Co. ?

I think it has to be memorable and unique enough to be the first/only result when searched. I think multiple word names may get mispelled. Noir and Blanc are nice unique words. I'd try searching for your proposed names in the SL search pages and on google.

• Like 1

May I be so bold as to make a little suggestion, once you've decided ..

When it comes to creating your store group, would you be so kind as to actually name it after your store, beginning with the same first letter.

Too many store group names try to out-list each other by adding idiotic, stupid, ludicrous, pathetic and highly tedious characters at the beginning of their group names.

I wish I could locally rename group names to get them back into some sort of sensible alphabetical order.

mini-rant over :P

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Noir and Blanc are nice unique words.

Unless you're French, then they're not unique at all... They're just as common as Black and White. The B&W look is a nice concept, though. There's a room like that in the haunted hotel where you can find this week's SL15B gift (like on the official blog) -- all black and white, with feather plants, a piano, and, uh, a couple of skeletons. It looks stunning.

• Like 1

Thanks, there're nice advices here. 

16 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

Too many store group names try to out-list each other by adding idiotic, stupid, ludicrous, pathetic and highly tedious characters at the beginning of their group names.
I wish I could locally rename group names to get them back into some sort of sensible alphabetical order.

I think annoying and infant. Takes a bit of the seriousness of your work, but definitely don't interfere in the final quality. But I don't like too, I have the same organizational touch. 

20 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I think it has to be memorable and unique enough to be the first/only result when searched. I think multiple word names may get mispelled. Noir and Blanc are nice unique words. I'd try searching for your proposed names in the SL search pages and on google.

You're right. I'm going to re-think my store name. 

I like simple names, but in fact Black & White is too simple.

Currently I put the name "Baw Waw" (a sound the cat usually does ?) that is quite different but not sure if the translation will be clear and understood. 

Think in one single name is hard, a lot of then already exist or something near, so maybe a compost one. Another name in my mind is Bellrose

Oh well great, I'll have to start from scratch again. But thanks! :) It's a important first step to me so I need to think with calm.

Edited by Lara Aulder

Only vaguely on topic ...  one of my favorite business names is on a Thai restaurant in the DC area: Beau Thai . They even have a drawing of a bow tie on their sign.  It's not easy to get a triple pun in two words, even without the image.  That's the kind of name that will stick in my mind. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2054 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.