GothFur

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm trying to use an avatar replacer ("free furry avatars" by Wingless Emoto) i had gotten it unpacked, but something went screwy, there is a customization item and it stopped working, clicking on it didnt do anything. so i deleted the files and got itagain from the store (there was a mess in the folders and i didnt know what was what anymore, stuff kept getting added and I dont know why) but now when i try to unpack the replacer in a sandbox, after i try opening it i just get a message that says theres nothing for me to copy to my inventory.

6 minutes ago, GothFur said:

I'm trying to use an avatar replacer ("free furry avatars" by Wingless Emoto) i had gotten it unpacked, but something went screwy, there is a customization item and it stopped working, clicking on it didnt do anything. so i deleted the files and got itagain from the store (there was a mess in the folders and i didnt know what was what anymore, stuff kept getting added and I dont know why) but now when i try to unpack the replacer in a sandbox, after i try opening it i just get a message that says theres nothing for me to copy to my inventory.

It sounds like you have somehow mixed up the boxes.  I would suggest dragging all the contents of the 2 deliveries you have had into a folder and name it something you recognise.  Then go and get another version from the store and start afresh using only that version.  Once you have the correct items, delete the folder you made with the mixed up versions.  If you then find things don't work, contact the person you got it from.  Good luck

• Like 1

sorry I'm new to this, what do you mean by get another version? i know if your DLing a mod from Nexus for Fallout or Elder Scrolls or whatever there are often multiple versions to choose from, but the SL store appears to just has a "buy" button.

52 minutes ago, GothFur said:

after i try opening it i just get a message that says theres nothing for me to copy to my inventory.

Usually that message pops up up if you click the Copy to Inventory (or Copy and Wear) button too quickly after opening/unpacking the box. You need to wait for the window to populate with the list of items in the box, and then you click whichever of those buttons you want. (Copy to Inventory is always the best option.)

The error can also depend on how the item is being unpacked, as follows:

1. If it's something you wear to unpack (as in: it puts a HUD image on your screen that has a texture on it saying something like 'click to unpack', or it makes you carry a bag or box that you either click to unpack or that is scripted to automatically unpack) then any items inside it that have the 'no copy' permission will not unpack into your inventory.
  2. There is also a situation that - in the case of a scripted unpacker - if you're in a sandbox that doesn't allow scripts, the script doesn't run and the items won't unpack.
  3. If it's something you rez onto the ground and right-click > unpack/open then - as mentioned in my first paragraph - just wait until you see the list of items in the small window that pops up. Once you see those you can then click the Copy to Inventory button.

If No1 is your issue try rezzing the HUD/bag/box inworld and opening it via the right-click menu, rather than wearing and clicking the HUD.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, GothFur said:

what do you mean by get another version?

I was referring to you saying

46 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

deleted the files and got itagain from the store

It sounded to me like you had 2 versions confused.  I was suggesting you started over

I never use the Copy to Inventory button.  Some store boxes will auto-unpack when worn or rezzed, but apart from those, I use the old reliable method:

• Create a new folder in inventory where the item(s) will go
  • Rez the box
  • Right click the box, select Open
  • Highlight all the items in the content window I want to unpack
  • Drag them into the folder I created

If what you got was a box of free avatars, be aware that you may very well have boxes in boxes.  You may have to unpack the main container, and then unpack a box for each avatar.

47 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I never use the Copy to Inventory button.  Some store boxes will auto-unpack when worn or rezzed, but apart from those, I use the old reliable method:

• Create a new folder in inventory where the item(s) will go
  • Rez the box
  • Right click the box, select Open
  • Highlight all the items in the content window I want to unpack
  • Drag them into the folder I created

If what you got was a box of free avatars, be aware that you may very well have boxes in boxes.  You may have to unpack the main container, and then unpack a box for each avatar.

This is how I did it for 11.5 years LOL Until I discovered the magic of (the viewer I now use which is not the cliche FS). :)

Though I am now seeing that instead of purses or bags attaching and animating you (which i hate, because the animation often sticks, and why I did it old school) - now they are distributing HUDs that you click to unpack contents. I don't like this either because you cannot "Open" it, only edit it (and then drag contents out).

Well, the surprise is when you rez it, it has an LLdie script in it: so no rezzing. You *must* wear it to unpack it. I mean... wow... seriously? Some creators are beginning to be really annoying with some kind of 'greater than thou" attitude or something.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Well, the surprise is when you rez it, it has an LLdie script in it: so no rezzing. You *must* wear it to unpack it. I mean... wow... seriously? Some creators are beginning to be really annoying with some kind of 'greater than thou" attitude or something.

That goes to the same annoyance category with timed demos. "This demo will expire in five minutes."
Oh why, why? O.o>:( For example, five minutes is not enough to demo properly a clothing item.

Anyway that timed script does not work when you go to "scripts not allowed" place. Wear the timed demo there as long as you want to. But, still it's a nuisance.

4 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

That goes to the same annoyance category with timed demos. "This demo will expire in five minutes."
Oh why, why? O.o>:( For example, five minutes is not enough to demo properly a clothing item.

Anyway that timed script does not work when you go to "scripts not allowed" place. Wear the timed demo there as long as you want to. But, still it's a nuisance.

Ditto. And when I used to use FS viewer the demo would expire before the textures rezzed properly. :\

When that would happen to me I'd buy the demo again and change quantity to 10.

Edited by Alyona Su

My bad, I got distracted and forgot to get back to this after I got it working. it was what Skell Dagger said, the first time i opened the box the items must have loaded immediately and i either didnt notice or forgot that they showed up in that list, all i had to do was wait for them to load before taking them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GothFur said:

My bad, I got distracted and forgot to get back to this after I got it working. it was what Skell Dagger said, the first time i opened the box the items must have loaded immediately and i either didnt notice or forgot that they showed up in that list, all i had to do was wait for them to load before taking them.

yeah that happens sometimes, especially when the package contains a lot of stuff...

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.