Multi-sim griefing prims -- Has this sort of griefing attack been happening to anyone else? (Multi-sim object)

Nebulosus Severine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I logged in at my home spot yesterday to find this ridiculousness -- I posted a video below to give some idea of what I'm dealing with. I usually only log in about once a week lately, so I don't know how long this has been going on for, but I noticed it yesterday and reported it last night, as of right now nothing has been done. The objects are not technically on my land, so I can't return them (and my neighbors don't seem to log on often, either). Muting the owner hasn't made them disappear, and derendering them isn't very helpful, as it is multiple objects, no idea how many there are. They are massive, flat planes, much larger than a sim, with flashing textures, all scattered on top of each other. They are scripted objects and are lagging the sims to hell. I am in Kress, and they crossing over into at least the neighboring sims, and extend upward at least 500m. Has anyone else seen anything like this? 
---> Youtube link-- Land griefing May 2018

12 answers to this question

• Moderators

Greetings Programs!

The items causing all the annoyance have been zapped/cooked/sparked... well they have been removed. If they return please submit an Abuse Report again and we will get it dealt with.

END OF LINE! ;)

Edited by Sparky Linden
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10

1 hour ago, Nebulosus Severine said:

I logged in at my home spot yesterday to find this ridiculousness -- I posted a video below to give some idea of what I'm dealing with. I usually only log in about once a week lately, so I don't know how long this has been going on for, but I noticed it yesterday and reported it last night, as of right now nothing has been done. The objects are not technically on my land, so I can't return them (and my neighbors don't seem to log on often, either). Muting the owner hasn't made them disappear, and derendering them isn't very helpful, as it is multiple objects, no idea how many there are. They are massive, flat planes, much larger than a sim, with flashing textures, all scattered on top of each other. They are scripted objects and are lagging the sims to hell. I am in Kress, and they crossing over into at least the neighboring sims, and extend upward at least 500m. Has anyone else seen anything like this? 
---> Youtube link-- Land griefing May 2018

This looks pretty much like something animats found in Kama City recently.

As someone posted in another thread today, abuse reports are often... abused. Have patience with the AR team as they have to work through all the junk until they reach your legit AR.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

While this is surely a case of griefing and abuse, it may also be possible to contact support via Support Case or Live Chat (if a Premium member) to notify them of this.  Usually Support won't respond to griefing, but if you couch the request in terms of needing a sim rollback and restart, they might send someone to check it out.

22 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

While this is surely a case of griefing and abuse, it may also be possible to contact support via Support Case or Live Chat (if a Premium member) to notify them of this.  Usually Support won't respond to griefing, but if you couch the request in terms of needing a sim rollback and restart, they might send someone to check it out.

I'm not a premium member, guess I'll just try again to file an abuse report.

4 minutes ago, Nebulosus Severine said:

Even a non-Premium member can file a Support Ticket for Mainland.  Also, if you are renting on the Mainland, your landlord will be Premium and can use Live Chat.  If you're on a Private Estate, your estate owner or an estate manager can take action to remove the prims themselves.

14 hours ago, Nebulosus Severine said:

Don''t, you already filed one. SPAMing the AR-Lindens them won't help you.

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2178 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.