Viewer 2 windlight

alecia Snowfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I use viewer 2. I want to make my own day cycle and have tried. I've looked for tutorials on this and every single one is by a firestorm user. even Torley Linden's. Exactly what is the deal with this? Why are there no viewer 2 tutorials from the Lindens? I used the Firestorm viewer for a while. It's not as great as everybody makes it out to be. Someone from LL or a viewer 2 user that knows how to make a day cycle please message me inworld. Only Viewer2 users.

• Sad 1

10 answers to this question

Is there actually such a huge difference between Firestorm's day cycle editor and the default viewer's one? We're talking World menu > Environment Editor > Day Presets, right?

Anyway... if there is a difference and if I was a Viewer 2 user, I'd suggest doing your preferred preset in Firestorm, saving it, locating it in the user data and copy and paste it to Viewer 2, so you could select it via the menu.

Viewer 2? Geez, I'm on 5.1.3...

You might try Cool VL Viewer or Singularity... they still use the v1 interface. Black Dragon has a sidebar somewhat reminiscent of the v2 interface... but, a Viewer 2?

This year the Enhanced Environment Project will complete. How Windlight is handled will drastically change when it is released. So, all viewers will be updating.

10 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

You might try Cool VL Viewer or Singularity... they still use the v1 interface. Black Dragon has a sidebar somewhat reminiscent of the v2 interface... but, a Viewer 2?

Yeah, I wondered about that myself, but figured that it was a typo.  Nobody has used a viewer with that number for years (2010?).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Will there be more weather in SL?

Climate change is everywhere... In SL it is caused by memory leaking electrons into our world.

It is not so much MORE weather, as it is more control over the environment and scriptable weather that affects a single avatar. So. I can walk in a cave and it will be dark while you lay on a nearby beach to work on your tan.

32 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I want system supported rain, snow, and hail!  And driveable tornadoes to carry off griefers.

And freezing roads I want freezing roads and an open vehicle scripting interface for the weather to make my cars go wooooshhh on ice (and of course an autmated working snowplow that removes the bad road conditions) xD

Well I never replied to this as it had VIEWER 2 USERS ONLY --- BUT I was going to say in reference to the Linden Viewer --- it seems SO much harder for me somehow. I have some very popular Windlight tutorial videos out there. One is ANCIENT and the others fairly recent.  But whenever I have to use the Linden viewer ?  Well it is painful.  

Hopefully the new EEPS (those may or may not be the correct letters)  will make things easier in that viewer. As it is, it is certainly a reason to use Firestorm. 

Really, that's just the way it is.

And YES I would be thrilled with MORE WEATHER like snow and rain. We can have that already of course but it is VERY LAGGY so not something you want to deal with all the time --- and certainly not if you are a public place. :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.