Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, Is there in market some tool for land searching? The SL basic search is very primitive. Example I want to buy land and filter only lands near sea. Also I want to get more information about region or neighbour region. Example to find land where neighbour region is sandbox. There should be nice to live next sandbox. I can open map, but map dont show almost nothing. I have one very good SIM-scanner. It scans by wearing hud or by rezzing scanner and then I have additional software in computer that directly connects with this scanner and hows almost all information for every parcel in region. But to work with this scanner, I must myself be in that region with my avatar, inworld. I cant use it by searching whole mainland to find best parcel to buy. Example I like land next to sea, next to sandbox and more Linden abandoned land (fewer traffic and no possible conflicts with neighbours when I rezz some skybox that is bigger than my parcel. Its normal when skybox is bigger than parcel, but only when neighbour can also put sybox, probably to different altitude then, so no conflicts). But this search is so primitive.  Also, example I like to be filter lands by shape, so I prefer full rectangle without some small excempt in center (I was seen such lands where land is for sale but in center is some small quadrant not for sale) And map dont show this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best way: Open world map. Turn on Land Sales. All land for sale will turn yellow. Inside each yellow section is a small icon that looks like a price tag.

Click the price tag to see the size of the parcel and how much it is being sold for. If both of those look promising then TP there to have a look.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe i am silly but since when is it "normal" that a skybox or any other build for that matter is bigger than the parcel you own?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

 [...]
when I rezz some skybox that is bigger than my parcel. Its normal when skybox is bigger than parcel,
[...]

You are NOT supposed to be rezzing ANYTHING that is larger than your parcel.  So, I'm assuming you want to be next to a sandbox or abandoned land so that nobody ARs you for such abuses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You are NOT supposed to be rezzing ANYTHING that is larger than your parcel.  So, I'm assuming you want to be next to a sandbox or abandoned land so that nobody ARs you for such abuses?

Exactly for this reason abandoned land in neighbour is good choice. Also, how you know at all that skybox is bigger than parcel? In heaven, there is no property lines at all. You just dont know if you dont start some special measurement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Exactly for this reason abandoned land in neighbour is good choice. Also, how you know at all that skybox is bigger than parcel? In heaven, there is no property lines at all. You just dont know if you dont start some special measurement.

not at all, you can see parcel lines and overlapping buildings on the minimap, at any height. ( in firestorm)

If you don't have that, simply rezz a prim on the ground level, and put it at the desired height ... simple, not special.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Exactly for this reason abandoned land in neighbour is good choice. Also, how you know at all that skybox is bigger than parcel? In heaven, there is no property lines at all. You just dont know if you dont start some special measurement.

It should be noted that if things go the way The Lab wants them too and mainland is repopulated -- that "abandoned land" is likely to be sold at auction and you will have lost your (illegal) neighboring land. So your best bet would be land by the void (not salable water). THAT is much more expensive than regular mainland so cost wise you would VERY likely be better off just buying the amount you actually are USING for that too big skybox. 

 

Just saying.  :SwingingFriends:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Exactly for this reason abandoned land in neighbour is good choice. Also, how you know at all that skybox is bigger than parcel? In heaven, there is no property lines at all. You just dont know if you dont start some special measurement.

Most people that are following the rules will rez a platform on the ground that either matches their parcel size or is smaller - and they make sure it is entirely within their parcel.  They then raise it into the sky and build on that.  Or they do the actual building on the ground, keeping it within the borders and then they raise the build.

It really isn't that hard.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

not at all, you can see parcel lines and overlapping buildings on the minimap, at any height. ( in firestorm)

If you don't have that, simply rezz a prim on the ground level, and put it at the desired height ... simple, not special.

Minimap is crap. Minimap is very not-accurate measurement tool. You cant build in such a way - rezz in land and then set Y as something 5000m. Because you are in ground and to fly into 5000m wastes too much time. I just remember I had 6y ago (I wasnt 6y inworld and returned recently) some tool that makes visible vertical parcel boundaries around parcel in any height. I just dont remember what it was, but Im sure I find it in my inventory, it was some HUD, maybe Thomas Conover tool. But anyway most heaven is anyway empty and when some resident want to put skybox exactly to the same place as mine, then I dont have any problem to move my whole skybox up or down. But you thin only I want to rez skyboxes . No, I think when my neighbour want to rez skybox bigger than parcel, then I have nothing against it. Better is always communicate and tell to neighbours where anyone plans to build. They both fits.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

  You cant build in such a way - rezz in land and then set Y as something 5000m. Because you are in ground and to fly into 5000m wastes too much time. 

"Sit" on the build - or add a prim to sit on, if needed -- and then raise it to your height and you'll automatically go with it.  

Side note - you can't go higher than 4096 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Also, how you know at all that skybox is bigger than parcel? In heaven, there is no property lines at all. You just dont know if you dont start some special measurement.

If you use Firestorm, you can see parcel boundaries at any height.

Preferences -> Firestorm -> Build 2 .
Tick "Highlight boundary of currently selected parcel" & tick "Show boundary up to maximum build height".

Normal parcel lines:

Screenshot_1.png

 

When "Highlight boundary of currently selected parcel" is enabled - makes the parcel lines more noticeable.

 

Screenshot_2.png

 

When "Show boundary up to maximum build height" is also enabled - parcel boundary stretches up to 4096m

 

Screenshot_3.png

 

Note that you need to edit an object to see those extended parcel boundaries.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
Inserting multiple images is a PITA...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

No, I think when my neighbour want to rez skybox bigger than parcel, then I have nothing against it. Better is always communicate and tell to neighbours where anyone plans to build. They both fits.     

If everyone communicates and agrees BEFORE something encroaches on someone else's land, then all is good.  

Encroaching on someone else's land just because you can and might get away with it, without prior permission, is just plain selfish - typical of people that think only of themselves or that think whatever they want is all that matters.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If everyone communicates and agrees BEFORE something encroaches on someone else's land, then all is good.  

Encroaching on someone else's land just because you can and might get away with it, without prior permission, is just plain selfish - typical of people that think only of themselves or that think whatever they want is all that matters.

I agree completely. Years ago I rented a piece of land and a neighbour encroached to the point that when I turned on auto return a good portion of the objects facing my parcel got returned to them. They were crazy enough to go running to both our landlord about me rudely returning some of her stuff.

The landlord contact me about the issue to clarify and after I told him what had happened he left me alone.

 

To the OP:

Also in firestorm you can simply type in gth 4000 and you're immediately TP'ed up to that height. This does not work on parcels that have rerouting to a set landing point enabled but since we're talking about your own land, gth will work just fine as long as you use firestorm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

If you use Firestorm, you can see parcel boundaries at any height.

Preferences -> Firestorm -> Build 2 .
Tick "Highlight boundary of currently selected parcel" & tick "Show boundary up to maximum build height".

 

 

Very thanx. Was this also in 6y ago and I just forget or new Firestorm feature. Nevermind, its goot stuff. Of course I use Firestorm. But I remember that before I used some special tool that shows only parcel walls to end sky. Ok, this was good teach. I just talk in forum because I first collect money before building something. :)   I already find parcel, next sea (I like sea), that I want to buy, 1/4 SIM,  near 200 000 L. Its crazy, but I still like live next sea. Its about 600 eur. Of course I contact with neighbours....its too much money to do some stupidity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Also in firestorm you can simply type in gth 4000 and you're immediately TP'ed up to that height. This does not work on parcels that have rerouting to a set landing point enabled but since we're talking about your own land, gth will work just fine as long as you use firestorm.

 

This is interesting, I hadnt idea about it. But teleporting is yes bad idea. I use Thomas Conover flying HUD.  There I can withe console command "/up xxx"  or "/down xxx"  or "/goto xxx". And no problem with TP routing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2018 at 2:58 PM, Alyona Su said:

Best way: Open world map. Turn on Land Sales. All land for sale will turn yellow. Inside each yellow section is a small icon that looks like a price tag.

Click the price tag to see the size of the parcel and how much it is being sold for. If both of those look promising then TP there to have a look.

But why not just use search and then map, when you find something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

But why not just use search and then map, when you find something.

Not everything is listed in Search - many parcels are not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not everything is listed in Search - many parcels are not.

Why they are not? Maybe they are not also in map then.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Why they are not? Maybe they are not also in map then.

 

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Isn’t it because you have to tick the checkbox “Include in Search” (maybe also a L$ fee)?

This ^^

Most of the advertised land is land for sale by the land barons.  The average resident looking to sell their plot or few plots isn't going to pay the Search fee.

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 

This ^^

Most of the advertised land is land for sale by the land barons.  The average resident looking to sell their plot or few plots isn't going to pay the Search fee.

 

Yep. I think when I search 1/4 or 1/2 SIM, then it is in search. Because the owner anyway pay big money and to add some little amount to search is not problem. Or you think there can exist also 1/4 sim parcels without put in search.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Yep. I think when I search 1/4 or 1/2 SIM, then it is in search. Because the owner anyway pay big money and to add some little amount to search is not problem. Or you think there can exist also 1/4 sim parcels without put in search.

I've sold 1/4 sim before without using search.   Granted, for 1/4 sim size or more, most of those sales are by land barons and most of them use Search, but not always.  Sometimes individuals just need to sell off their land and most of those won't be in Search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've sold 1/4 sim before without using search.   Granted, for 1/4 sim size or more, most of those sales are by land barons and most of them use Search, but not always.  Sometimes individuals just need to sell off their land and most of those won't be in Search.

Who are "land barons"? I just manually checked all near sea sims with map (me interest only next sea) and wasnt find more than in search. But is there some bots who can make maps or search land within whole SL. Example bot wears Thomas Conover Full-SIM scanner and automatically walks through whole SL and make map. Then I example can put some search criteria to search some specific land, example next sea, next sandbox or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Who are "land barons"?

It’s just a term for someone who owns a lot of land. Perhaps they rent or sell it, also. It’s not exactly a “nice” term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

 The average resident looking to sell their plot or few plots isn't going to pay the Search fee.

isn't mainland automaticly in landsales when it's put for sale?.... if so please info where to find that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...