Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It’s just a term for someone who owns a lot of land. Perhaps they rent or sell it, also. It’s not exactly a “nice” term.

But how called landowners who own lot of land but dont rent or sell or dont do at all any business, but land is only for fun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

isn't mainland automaticly in landsales when it's put for sale?.... if so please info where to find that

If you know what region you want to buy in, you can enable “show land for sale” in the map, I believe it shows parcels with a $.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

But how called landowners who own lot of land but dont rent or sell or dont do at all any business, but land is only for fun?

Um..I guess we call ourselves “land owners”. It’s not uncommon for someone to have a full region (or private sim) or more and not use it for commerce at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

isn't mainland automaticly in landsales when it's put for sale?.... if so please info where to find that

If it is, it must take a few days, because the parcel I recently sold was never in Search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Um..I guess we call ourselves “land owners”. It’s not uncommon for someone to have a full region (or private sim) or more and not use it for commerce at all.

Why its not common. Example some millionaire son wants to play SL. Father give example 1000 eur in months just to play in computer. Ive seen such people in SL. Some of them are vampires clans leaders and some are from saudi or this kind of countries. They dont care no-s..it about business. Because think yourself, is this business that is in SL? Business for lindens. When you talk this to some real-life businessman, example "Im businessman in SL", then he/she looks like you are some disabled and dont talk adequate. Marketplace prices are jokes. All this stuff is made just for fun. No any programmer dont start writing code for 100 USD months. Or no any professional 3D designer dont earn money by making castles in SL. All this is just for fun.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

. All this is just for fun.

think you need to learn a lot about sl, this last line is perhaps for you, but for sure not for many others. You limit SL to a sort of game and totally ignore the social, psychological , economical and more aspects.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ethan Paslong said:

think you need to learn a lot about sl, this last line is perhaps for you, but for sure not for many others. You limit SL to a sort of game and totally ignore the social, psychological , economical and more aspects.

I dont talk about social. Social is also fun, social in fun even in ral-life. But I talk about earning money in SL. How much in SL are people who earn 2000 USD month only for SL business, to write code or making castles. I thing maybe one, two, ok maybe three. Yes, in our planet exist also such countries, where live people who are happy when they can earn 10 USD months. But they dont have computers and electricity cost more.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ernesto Perez said:

 I thing maybe one, two, ok maybe three.

same answer... you need to learn a lot more about SL

The amount of people getting a nice amount of money out of SL is quite some more than 3 ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

same answer... you need to learn a lot more about SL

The amount of people getting a nice amount of money out of SL is quite some more than 3 ...

I dont believe this. This is myth. When I talk to some businessman "why you pay rent for shop in real life. Lets come to SL and pay there this rent, its much cheaper than buying stuff in real life".....then this businessman looks Im just crazy and dont talk to me anymore and dont want to hear nothing more about SL.

Edited by Ernesto Perez
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

 All this is just for fun.

Google Anshe Chung.  She is a land baron -- i.e. someone who makes buying/selling/renting land their business -- and she actually makes tons of RL $$$ on it.  Try telling her this is all "just for fun".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ernesto Perez said:

I dont believe this. This is myth. When I talk to some businessman "why you pay rent for shop in real life. Lets come to SL and pay there this rent, its much cheaper than buying stuff in real life".....then this businessman looks Im just crazy and dont talk to me anymore and dont want to hear nothing more about SL.

have a look at the market data for the L$ sales...

however a lot of that money isn't going to RL instantly, even half would feed whole cities... get real please adjust your view on SL incomes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Ok, I dont want to broke your illusion. I understand that this is like role-play. Ok, I respect your opinion.

Did you go look up the person I told you to?  That lady was actually written about in Business Week and Fortune magazines because of the RL $$$ she made off of 'virtual land'.

Delude yourself all you want, but this is much more than a game to many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Did you go look up the person I told you to?  That lady was actually written about in Business Week and Fortune magazines because of the RL $$$ she made off of 'virtual land'.

Delude yourself all you want, but this is much more than a game to many people.

No, why I must care when someone earn more than me. Of course in world live any kind of people, someone just borm and is straight millionaire. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I thought maybe is tr*ll, but then again...I also write posts about subjects that I know nothing about. All. The. Time.

Its named game. But Scarlett I like more than wolf.

Edited by Ernesto Perez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Its named game

No - it is named SECOND LIFE. 

Where on this website do you see the word 'game'?  http://secondlife.com/

Where in this picture do you see 'game'?

image.thumb.png.208ffcd908e6ab27cdccac5084202beb.png

 

Even on LL's own 'About' page, they do not refer to it as a 'game', but instead as a 'virtual world':
image.png.a6012568fdc0a98e125519abd906472b.png

 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stop feeding the obvious troll. No one can be that ignorant and so loud about it. It's a farce.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Why its not common. Example some millionaire son wants to play SL. Father give example 1000 eur in months just to play in computer. Ive seen such people in SL. Some of them are vampires clans leaders and some are from saudi or this kind of countries. They dont care no-s..it about business. Because think yourself, is this business that is in SL? Business for lindens. When you talk this to some real-life businessman, example "Im businessman in SL", then he/she looks like you are some disabled and dont talk adequate. Marketplace prices are jokes. All this stuff is made just for fun. No any programmer dont start writing code for 100 USD months. Or no any professional 3D designer dont earn money by making castles in SL. All this is just for fun.

Theresa Tennyson watches her tiny Shoulder Angel and Shoulder Devil wrassling over control of the mouse. Shoulder Devil wins once again, highlights the appropriate phase and hits "Submit Reply."

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Google Anshe Chung.  She is a land baron -- i.e. someone who makes buying/selling/renting land their business -- and she actually makes tons of RL $$$ on it.  Try telling her this is all "just for fun".

Ah the woman whos KNOWN subsidiaries own 16.7 % of the private estate regions... (according to Grid Survey).

Then there's a certain popular brand of female mesh body that sells for approximately $11 usd, and whose customer group has over 80,000 members...

80,000 multiplied by $11 

4 hours ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Or no any professional 3D designer dont earn money by making castles in SL. All this is just for fun.

Yeah, making mesh in SL is "just for fun" hahaha!

42 minutes ago, Ernesto Perez said:

Of course, but virtual world itself is game. Virtual = game.

No, a "game" has an objective... Chess is a game, objective, defeat the other player, Tetris is a game, objective stop the falling blocks overwhelming your screen. Flit-the-Rock is a game, objective, flip the rock over better than the other rock flippers.

SecondLife is not a game, there is no objective, no 'plot' to complete, no missions to undertake, nothing like that.


 

It has something that could be used as a crude game engine, but that isn't enough to call it a game.




 

Edited by Klytyna
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, SL is still the game and probably one of most expensive game ever. You can earn real money but there is no point to do this in SL. Better is to earn money in RL and waste it in SL. SL is like cheap country, but as your life dont depend from SL and you still need to waste money also in RL, then its still game and one of most expensive. In RL you can earn 100x more money. Of course you can also program software in RL, also make 3D in RL. You dont need SL for this, you can earn money in RL. But you need SL completely for other reason - you need game. And mostly all goes around land. Land is most important in SL. Some resident (who is not anymore inworld) ask me - why I waste money in SL, after putting one castle, then other and then what? I start thinking - what I do then. And its hard do answer this question. Actually I dont know and I dont want to know. The process must never end, the process itself is important, there is no purpose. Programming is interesting, but question was what I do with castle. There is not much to do. Probably buy next and then next. Of course you can set up danceclub, but also this is only for fun, because danceclubs are for free.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...