Getting a new 1024 Parcel

AliceDownfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello & Help!  Now that we are being given  a larger parcel 1024 with Premium, I'd like to take advantage of it, however, I've yet to see directions on how to accomplish this.  A friend said I must abandon my Linden house first.  OK.  Then what?  For a noob like me, this is a daunting task. How do we get this property, and how is it paid for?  It also looks like we have to buy the parcel, so it's not exactly included with the Premium membership, or did I misunderstand?  I don't have a clue.   Thank you in advance for any help.

Alice

• Like 3

22 answers to this question

This is not really a new feature in SL.  All that has changed is the total area of land that you can use your land fee waiver for, from 512 sq m to 1024 sq m.  As always, you do not have "free land." What you have is a waiver that you can use to offset the monthly maintenance fees for land that you own (or, in the case of Linden Homes only, land that you rent from Linden Lab). You may apply your waiver to a single 1024 parcel anywhere on the mainland, or any combination of smaller parcels up to 1024 sq. m. in area.  So, for example, you might own two 512 sq.m. parcels, one of which might be your Linden Home.  Linden Lab keeps track of how much land you own on the mainland and applies your waiver to the fees each month automatically. (Please remember that the waiver does not apply to land in private estates or to land that you rent anywhere.)

So ... if you want to keep your Linden Home, just buy another 512 sq m parcel elsewhere, pay the one-time purchase cost, and you will have no monthly fees after that.  If you'd rather live on a 1024 sq m parcel, like one of the lovely parcels in Horizons, simply abandon your Linden Home (About Land >>> General >>> Abandon Land), but the new parcel, and move in.  Again,. no monthly fees. Please remember to pick up your belongings from the Linden Home before you abandon it.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 1

Rolig's given you great advice.  If you'd like to learn more, I teach a class on virtual land on Saturdays at 12 noon SL time, at Caledon Oxbridge University.  It's free to attend!  Or, if you have questions, send me an IM in world and we'll get together.

• Thanks 1

On 3/20/2018 at 8:12 PM, Rolig Loon said:

... if you want to keep your Linden Home, just buy another 512 sq m parcel elsewhere, pay the one-time purchase cost, and you will have no monthly fees after that.  If you'd rather live on a 1024 sq m parcel, like one of the lovely parcels in Horizons...

One cautionary note about the Horizons homes.  They are indeed very nice.  One of the nice things about them is they have a double prim allowance...you can have 702 prims on them, not the normal 351.  The downside is that it makes them very expensive to purchase.  I recently priced a couple of Horizons parcels at between $L40,000 and $L44,000.  Ouch.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

One cautionary note about the Horizons homes.  They are indeed very nice.  One of the nice things about them is they have a double prim allowance...you can have 702 prims on them, not the normal 351.  The downside is that it makes them very expensive to purchase.  I recently priced a couple of Horizons parcels at between $L40,000 and $L44,000.  Ouch.

It depends on where you buy in Horizons, of course -- I think there are something like 32 Horizons regions -- but yeah, some of them are pricey. Horizons has been open for a year now, but there is still some land speculation, especially now with the recent boost in incentives for Premium membership. 

It's an interesting subcontinent. It's Linden Lab's next step beyond Linden Homes. With its canals and parks, it's more like Bay City than the LH regions.  As in LH, you cannot terraform or combine parcels but unlike LH, you can choose any parcel you like.  Also, you get to choose among several different prefab "smart" homes on your parcel (without needing to abandon the parcel and move on), or you can build you own home there. If you choose one of the prefab models, it doesn't count against your total L.I.  Also, unlike LH, you can build in the sky if you like, and there is no restriction on using a parcel for a business. You can decide whether that package, plus a double prim allowance, is worth a high initial purchase price. As I fly around to see what's there, it looks like plenty of people have decided that it is. If you're in SL for the long term and are planning on using the Premium land allowance to pay the full tier on a 1024 sq m parcel, it could be a good deal.

• Thanks 2

it's not gonna be a big one just some rides and a little gift shop like store  after all i can only put as much as the prim allotment will allow. and within the size of the parcel but I'll make it work it's gonna be cool. also i would be using rezzers too. that cuts down on the prim count and makes it so you can get alot more out of your prim allotment of the parcel.

Edited by DYNASTY Clip

45 minutes ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

also i would be using rezzers too. that cuts down on the prim count and makes it so you can get alot more out of your prim allotment of the parcel.

depends.. if you mean temprezzers it would give indeed more room, but also huge chance on mad neighbours and reports for abusing sim resources. Other rezzers won't save a lot, as soon one clicks it, the parcel will go down in free Li/prims

i am talking about temp rezzers  and i don't see why anyone would be upset about that I'm not hurting anyone or bothering anyone by it.  so i don't see why anyone would be upset it would not be on their property or in their way. as long as it is all on my property. it's just like in rl if you buy a home. and want to have a business you can do that. you paid for the home. and sl is no different on that issue. i paid for my home when i got the premium membership. so i own that parcel and whatever is on it and i can do as i see fit. if i want to have a business and use temp rezzers i can. your home is your home no matter if it is sl or rl  i live in a trailer park and i had a haunted house on my porch in fact it was pretty cool here is a video of it the owners of the park wanted me to take it down. they said they had some new homes they just put in the park that they were trying to sell. and that with my haunted house on the porch would make people not want to buy any homes in the park. she said if you think it dose not make a difference trust me it dose. she was full of bull crappy lol that is not true not even in the least. i had it there for years till i had to take it down cause of them.no one is gonna buy a home somewhere based on weather a neighbor has a haunted house out of their porch. i had tarps closing it in to make it dark and all. so it might not of looked that great on the outside. but who cares. we rent the lot. but we bought the trailer.it is our home. so i should be able to have something like that on my property at my home if i want. and as i said SL it should not  be any different on that. anyway you all have a nice day and here is the video of my haunted house on the porch. that i had over the years. enjoy 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

i am talking about temp rezzers  and i don't see why anyone would be upset about that I'm not hurting anyone or bothering anyone by it.  so i don't see why anyone would be upset it would not be on their property or in their way. as long as it is all on my property. it's just like in rl if you buy a home. and want to have a business you can do that. you paid for the home. and sl is no different on that issue. i paid for my home when i got the premium membership. so i own that parcel and whatever is on it and i can do as i see fit. if i want to have a business and use temp rezzers i can. your home is your home no matter if it is sl or rl  i live in a trailer park and i had a haunted house on my porch in fact it was pretty cool here is a video of it the owners of the park wanted me to take it down. they said they had some new homes they just put in the park that they were trying to sell. and that with my haunted house on the porch would make people not want to buy any homes in the park. she said if you think it dose not make a difference trust me it dose. she was full of bull crappy lol that is not true not even in the least. i had it there for years till i had to take it down cause of them.no one is gonna buy a home somewhere based on weather a neighbor has a haunted house out of their porch. i had tarps closing it in to make it dark and all. so it might not of looked that great on the outside. but who cares. we rent the lot. but we bought the trailer.it is our home. so i should be able to have something like that on my property at my home if i want. and as i said SL it should not  be any different on that. anyway you all have a nice day and here is the video of my haunted house on the porch. that i had over the years. enjoy 

you'r simply wrong. Temp rezzers use sim resouces, it's in fact abuse -stealing from others. You did nót pay for that use.

• Like 1

i am not stealing from anyone. i got a premium account and  what comes with that is a linden home that home and parcel is mine until i leave it . so it;'s not stealing everything there is mine. and when you own something you can use it as you wish. as long as it's not for

griefing. which i am not. i am just trying to make it in this world like everyone else nothing wrong with that. specially when you own the stuff. and the home.and no temp rezzers are not wrong. if they were so bad people would not sell them on the market place. lol people use them all the time in sl just cause you might not use them dose not mean it is wrong to do so. and this is the last i am going to reply to this post cause i got to get some work done here in SL good day alwin the griefer Alcott

Edited by DYNASTY Clip

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you'r simply wrong. Temp rezzers use sim resouces, it's in fact abuse -stealing from others. You did nót pay for that use.

Could you elaborate how a temp rezzer uses sim resources?

I'm not taking sides, but do use one at my place for a helicopter (to save prims on Linden land). I rez, I fly, I land and delete.

54 minutes ago, CharlieMack said:

Could you elaborate how a temp rezzer uses sim resources?

I'm not taking sides, but do use one at my place for a helicopter (to save prims on Linden land). I rez, I fly, I land and delete.

a temp rezzer uses the prims/Li from the total sim, just not counting to the owners parcel. And of course continous script time, that's also not parcel/user bond but also from the total sim resources.
Wat you talk about isn't a temp rezzer in this meaning.

• Thanks 1

The maximum temporary prims allowed are based on the regular prim limit:
(regular_prim_limit - current_regular_prims) + minimum(0.5 * regular_prim_limit + 400, 1000)

So, if your parcel regularly has a prim limit of, say, 500 and you currently have 400 prims on it, the temporary prim limit is

(500 - 400) + minimum(250 + 400, 1000) >> 100 + 650 = 750.

So, using the temp rezzer means that you have 250 extra prims to work with on the parcel than you should normally have.  That's GREAT, but where does that extra capacity come from?  The region's total capacity hasn;t changed, which means that you are taking advantage of capacity that someone else should have on the region.  You are "stealing" their capacity.  It may go unnoticed, but if the region is already close to its limit and you actually rez more than your normal share, your extra capacity means that someone else will not be able to rez things.  Worse yet, the servers may actually return someone else's stuff because your temp rezzer forced the region over the limit.

This is why Linden Lab allows residents to submit an Abuse Report for "Abusing Sim Resources" if there are temp rezzers hogging resources.  It's also why many landowners in private regions have explicit rules against them and why the Linden Homes covenant in Bellisseria forbids them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

i am not stealing from anyone. i got a premium account and  what comes with that is a linden home that home and parcel is mine until i leave it . so it;'s not stealing everything there is mine. and when you own something you can use it as you wish. as long as it's not for

griefing. which i am not. i am just trying to make it in this world like everyone else nothing wrong with that. specially when you own the stuff. and the home.and no temp rezzers are not wrong. if they were so bad people would not sell them on the market place. lol people use them all the time in sl just cause you might not use them dose not mean it is wrong to do so. and this is the last i am going to reply to this post cause i got to get some work done here in SL good day alwin the griefer Alcott

yes you do steal when you use temprezzers. It's like illegal weedgrowers put a cable in the streetlights for electricity, the whole community has to pay for that use.

griefing. wich i am not. i am just trying to make it in this world like everyone else nothing wrong with that. specially when you own the stuff. and the home.and no temp rezzers are not wrong. if they were so bad people would not sell them on the market place. lol

6 minutes ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

griefing. wich i am not. i am just trying to make it in this world like everyone else nothing wrong with that. specially when you own the stuff. and the home.and no temp rezzers are not wrong. if they were so bad people would not sell them on the market place. lol

quote from the LH covenant:

Land cannot contain temporary object rezzers or individual prims beyond the maximum size allowed by the Second Life Viewer build tools.

Another problem with temp rezzers is temp objects only last a minute, which means the rezzer has to rez a new copy every minute (usually more like 55 seconds or so). If there are enough temp rezzers doing their thing at the same time, it affects the region's performance (from creating many objects simultaneously). I've seen region frame rate dips because of them.

The covenant for my regions forbids temp rezzers. I'll give one warning, then the renter is out immediately if they use one again. Nasty things.

20 hours ago, DYNASTY Clip said:

i am not stealing from anyone. i got a premium account and  what comes with that is a linden home that home and parcel is mine until i leave it . so it;'s not stealing everything there is mine. and when you own something you can use it as you wish. as long as it's not for griefing

Temp rezzers are expressly NOT allowed in Linden Home regions as per the covenant i would consider them a sort of griefing since you're taking resources from other people potentially leading them to having their objects returned if you need more prims get a bigger parcel of land or learn to use the prims you have more wisely. plus i hope you don't think you can use a Linden Home for commercial use too because that is also forbidden. You would be better off seeking out a piece of mainland or paying out a considerable wedge for a double prim lot rather than having a Linden Home

On 5/23/2020 at 5:33 AM, DYNASTY Clip said:

...also i would be using rezzers too. that cuts down on the prim count and makes it so you can get alot more out of your prim allotment of the parcel.

Oh, PLEASE DON'T use temp rezzers.  They do not actually let you use more prims than the land will support, and they contribute HUGELY to lag.  You'll get all of neighbors angry with you.

1 hour ago, PisiTextures said:

Hello, if I get premium and want to have the land instead of the house, can I have a store or is it just for housing? 

you can buy 1024 sqm mainland for the same free tier level, you won't get a parcel by LL like you can claim a Linden Home. Linden Homes aren't allowed to be used for commercial activities.
If you buy a parcel you'r free to do there what you want, with only limitation the TOS, maturity levels and guidelines.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.