If you can’t find certain clothing in mesh..

Love Zhaoying

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just move on the something else. I only wear mesh clothes, I do not even wear applier clothing designed for mesh. Yes I had things I loved to wear before I went mesh that I had to leave behind, but I have never been the type to look back.

• Like 1

That's just when I show up naked...

Well I do that anyway...

But it is actually one of the two reason I started going nude in SL about 2 years ago... There was horrible selection, and the other reason: my new mesh body looked too good and I wanted to be able to oogle it all the time and see other people also perving me... (which is a LOT safer to do in SL than in RL...)

But yeah... lack of selection... just flaunt what you got.

My male alt doesn't even own clothes. His "goods" are too "good" to not have out there. :P

P.S. to some blokes: please take a prim to you bits and measure them... I keep seeing super tall guys with tiny tiny tiny bits... I know... they don't want to be the guy who looks like he's compensating... but some of those bits, when I measure them (eyeballing), I'd wager are 1-inchers... I gave my male alt an 8-incher... he looks huge compared to the blokes in the nude-joints... except for that "one guy" you will get now and then who's bits are bigger than my boobs...

Measure it... and give our eyes something to enjoy. B|

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

That's just when I show up naked...

Well I do that anyway...

But it is actually one of the two reason I started going nude in SL about 2 years ago... There was horrible selection, and the other reason: my new mesh body looked too good and I wanted to be able to oogle it all the time and see other people also perving me... (which is a LOT safer to do in SL than in RL...)

But yeah... lack of selection... just flaunt what you got.

My male alt doesn't even own clothes. His "goods" are too "good" to not have out there. :P

Um..you sound like a lot of fun!

I do do a LOT of clothing shopping in SL... sometimes even normal clothes.

Selection can be rough at times. I'm on Belleza which is about 13% of the userbase... Maitreya is the big brand for female avatars... so this means I experience a lesser version of what male avatars do... not enough stuff and seeing other people having all the good shopping choices...

You kinda need a mesh body with a good alpha-ing kit... and a good Omega setup for applier clothing... and then to labor at a system body shape that retains your rough look when you switch between the two.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’m trying to see where it says “mesh”. Oh, I see now. So what kind of search terms did you use? Teach me, Sempai!

889A1414-3FC8-485E-9DAC-67AA314BA4EF.png

So, yeah right there under the Permissions is says Mesh.  However, if you look closely at the picture words, you'll see that the "100% mesh" is a lie.  The picture shows:

image.png.1978397eb29573c0fbdb83fb10dd58f7.png

It is a bit hard to read because they used a low quality image, but the very last line contains the word "flexi".

Also, if something says "standard sizes", then that means the 5 original standard mesh sizes:  XS, S, M, L - and then either XS or XL.  That is another indication that an item is mesh.

Oh, and my quick search was MESH AND MALE AND JACKET AND LACE - then filter on Apparel and Men's on the left.  With a bit of thought you could possibly add other search terms or take some away if you want to expand the results.

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Oh, and my quick search was MESH AND MALE AND JACKET AND LACE - then filter on Apparel and Men's on the left.  With a bit of thought you could possibly add other search terms or take some away if you want to expand the results.

Thanks! In my ignorance, I assume they have a “mesh version” and a “standard avatar” version all included.

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thanks! In my ignorance, I assume they have a “mesh version” and a “standard avatar” version all included.

Standard avatars can wear the standard mesh sizes, using the supplied alpha and possibly changing their shape a bit. 

Mesh bodies skip the supplied alpha piece, but might still have to use their HUD to alpha out parts.  If the sizes are simply 'standard' and not made specific to the mesh body, the chances are even higher that alpha cuts will be needed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Standard avatars can wear the standard mesh sizes, using the supplied alpha and possibly changing their shape a bit. 

Mesh bodies skip the supplied alpha piece, but might still have to use their HUD to alpha out parts.  If the sizes are simply 'standard' and not made specific to the mesh body, the chances are even higher that alpha cuts will be needed.

But the “Flexi” item means it won’t work with Mesh?

21 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

But the “Flexi” item means it won’t work with Mesh?

No, mesh bodies can still have flexi attachments, though you might have to re-align them and/or resize them. 

I just mentioned the 'flexi' because having any flexing parts prevents it from being "100% Mesh", which is what it says right under the permissions.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It should be noted that the standard sizes was kind of a compromise solution we all thought we would be stuck with before fitmesh.

They are, if I recall right, 5 sizes - and you need to exactly match the shape dials on the dials they use...

So when you use them you lose a lot of 'what makes you you'.

I was a BIG defender of them back in the day... BUT that was because they were the best of a bad situation... some standard so we could have SOMETHING to wear...

If you can find it... because it is super rare... find fitmesh for classic avatars. It is rare because shortly after fitmesh debated people making mesh bodies updated them to be fitmesh... and then we got into the fitmesh scene... and the blokes kinda got left behind...

I don't even know if there is any fitmesh for classic male avatars. Now and then I see it for female avatars and... frankly... it tends to be hit or miss whether or not it actually fits...

If you are lucky, your shape will be 'common enough like' that one of the standard sizes looks like you until you start paying too much attention... If that occurs... then count your blessings and go shopping.

If I hadn't made my boobs so big after getting the wonderful bouncy fitmesh boobies that come with Belleza Freya... I'd probably still be able to wear standard size XS and look "close" to myself... except XS always had rail thin legs and not much butt... and I now have curves everywhere... but in a pantsuit or gown, it works... just as it would for a guy in a suit or loose jeans.

I was a completely 'PG' user for SL from about 2010 or 2011 until Belleza Freya came out - so I still have a HUGE collection of standard sizes outfits packaged into an 'old stuff' prim somewhere.

As noted in the part of the quote I snipped... a good mesh body will have a HUD that can do cuts for some key parts if the fit is close at the 'edges'...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

It should be noted that the standard sizes was kind of a compromise solution we all thought we would be stuck with before fitmesh.

They are, if I recall right, 5 sizes - and you need to exactly match the shape dials on the dials they use...

So when you use them you lose a lot of 'what makes you you'.

I was a BIG defender of them back in the day... BUT that was because they were the best of a bad situation... some standard so we could have SOMETHING to wear...

If you can find it... because it is super rare... find fitmesh for classic avatars. It is rare because shortly after fitmesh debated people making mesh bodies updated them to be fitmesh... and then we got into the fitmesh scene... and the blokes kinda got left behind...

I don't even know if there is any fitmesh for classic male avatars. Now and then I see it for female avatars and... frankly... it tends to be hit or miss whether or not it actually fits...

If you are lucky, your shape will be 'common enough like' that one of the standard sizes looks like you until you start paying too much attention... If that occurs... then count your blessings and go shopping.

If I hadn't made my boobs so big after getting the wonderful bouncy fitmesh boobies that come with Belleza Freya... I'd probably still be able to wear standard size XS and look "close" to myself... except XS always had rail thin legs and not much butt... and I now have curves everywhere... but in a pantsuit or gown, it works... just as it would for a guy in a suit or loose jeans.

I was a completely 'PG' user for SL from about 2010 or 2011 until Belleza Freya came out - so I still have a HUGE collection of standard sizes outfits packaged into an 'old stuff' prim somewhere.

As noted in the part of the quote I snipped... a good mesh body will have a HUD that can do cuts for some key parts if the fit is close at the 'edges'...

Saved link to this great info!

On 3/12/2018 at 7:37 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

..is that when people use the system avatar with Mesh head? 

I could much more easily make pictures of my new avatar that way, some favorite clothing just doesn’t exist (yet?) for mesh.

Omg! I would NEVER EVER in a million years go back to my system body *shudders at the thought of that horrid thing* I would just move on to something else that I liked probably even better.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2275 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.