Looking for friends! :3

AceWalsh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

34 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

I can't tell at this point if I'm being mocked or not =/ 

You, my dear, are definitely not being mocked.  Rather you are getting sympathetic responses and reactions.  Rhonda was just being a bit funny when she described herself to you.

At least that is my take on the whole thing.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rhonda Huntress said:

No, Nalytha.  Not by me.

It was a poor attempt at a joke and I am truly sorry if I caused you any concern, must less any grief. 

I'm sure it's on me entirely. I'm probably just being a bit too negative right now and taking it way too seriously. I see this sort of deception described in relationships in SL, I just didn't expect it to be so common in platonic friendships, where you really have nothing to lose by being honest. 

41 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

I can't tell at this point if I'm being mocked or not =/ 

You're not being mocked by me either.

I've seen you posting earlier in Looking for Friends, and I've checked your profile - I just don't know if you'd enjoy my company. I've got no issue with being forward about who I am and what I enjoy; if that hurt people's feelings, I figure it better to leave them be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You're not being mocked by me either.

I've seen you posting earlier in Looking for Friends, and I've checked your profile - I just don't know if you'd enjoy my company. I've got no issue with being forward about who I am and what I enjoy; if that hurt people's feelings, I figure it better to leave them be.

You sounds super interesting. I thought I remember somewhere reading you aren't looking for more friends though, that's why I wasn't sure how to take your post or if you just felt sorry for me. 

I am pretty open minded and I love meeting people who challenge me, especially ones who can engage in intelligent discussion instead of simply debate. I guess you can say I have a sometimes unhealthy interest in the darkness, I love documentaries too and am fascinated by true crime stuff. I probably spend way too much time researching serial killers. While I'm not a Satanist, I did a bit of research into it as a teen, and would love to know more. I am an Atheist who help found a local Atheist group and we have so many members of different religious backgrounds. I love hearing about different beliefs and I try not to ever sound condescending. I'm not militant about my beliefs, and I think our lives are too short to be worried about what others are doing (as long as they aren't hurting people). 

I love history, and while I'm sure I sometimes make grammar mistakes, I am in school for court reporting which has a heavy emphasis on punctuation and grammar. Sometimes I simply type too fast and fail to proofread before I hit send. 

So, I guess in a way I also work with my hands, though it's through a stenography machine. 

I can't consider myself pretentious, as I feel I'm extraordinary unexceptional. I'm just an average human being trying to make it through life <3

• Like 1

Hm, I don't know if I ever wrote that I wasn't looking for any more friends. Might be the one where I said I wasn't looking for any more volunteers for my photo shoot practice? 

Feel free to give me a nudge in-world if you'd like. I may not always respond right away if I'm tabbed down, but I always try to keep up with people talking to me.

40 minutes ago, Nalytha said:

I see this sort of deception described in relationships in SL, I just didn't expect it to be so common in platonic friendships, where you really have nothing to lose by being honest. 

I bet we can all tell a tale or two of this sort of thing.  I certainly can.  It's horrible even in platonic  situations, for me it was a platonic thing for the guy involved using 2 male alts to try and deceive me, it was more a trying to get in my pants thing.  \He came clean eventually when he realised pants were locked tight and someone else had the key :D  It was my first few months in SL and I was pretty naive.  I got tough pretty fast and I am really careful who gets close these days

• Sad 1

I told Ace/Matthew that I had some problems with people being dishonest in Second Life and he/she told me point blank that "I'm sorry... I honestly haven't had that problem." Says a person who can't admit they spoke to me not a week earlier as a completely different person =/ And my profile even says I'm not looking to RP or talk to dishonest people =/

I think that's the worst part. I have no problems with people who RP. I have no problems with people who have alts who they want to keep seperate. But to tell me to my face you haven't encountered dishonest people while you are knowingly being dishonest to me about such a large fact, is ... cruel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I would like to be your friend.

I'm 32, work as a children's advocate when not volunteering at the nursing home.  I follow a strict diet and exercise program and never use foul language.
>.>
<.<

Ok, so I'm old enough to remember the first moon landing, own fire arms and vote right, have a hedonist love of food and have been known to say ***** a few times.

But I do love cats.  I even married one in SL :)

I know an SL cat I would marry if he asked me to.

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2018 at 10:33 PM, AceWalsh said:

Hello! I tried looking your name up on the search but was unable to find you, hopefully you see this! Feel free to IM me in-world if you're still wanting to talk, thanks for replying. ♥

Just search up "AceWalsh".

Oops haven't checked the forum in a while! It's so weird it doesn't let you find me :D I'll message you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.