Jump to content
AlexandriteGem

Vampires and their little game

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Chaser Zaks said:

My solution to vampires is a scripted hud to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Back in the day, when approached by a Bloodlines vamp, I would insist that before they bit me they would accept a kiss. I had a script that would essentially "kill" their avie for a period of time when my avie kissed them, lmao! (I still have it, buried somewhere in my inventory) ;) Good times! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The only things that I find to be a wee bit annoying are getting thrashed about or pushed off of platforms whenever they get into fights (Which can be fixed with movelock or just sitting thankfully but is still a bit annoying at times) and then of course being stalked for my precious pixel blood. I don't know about others but I almost always either have someone follow me while I'm working on something or working on my avatar (completely blocking my field of view 🤦‍♀️) in a few rare occasions I've actually had some use follower attachments to latch onto me. Fun times indeed lol.

Edited by Durian1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My friends and I would always chase the persistent ones around. Now if I catch one creeping up on me while I'm in a sandbox working, I'll either just IM them and let them know that I'm aware of the game and wish to be left alone or if that doesn't work, I just give them a little kick (literally) that nudges them back a few feet just to let them know that I want to be left alone. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Durian1 said:

The only things that I find to be a wee bit annoying are getting thrashed about or pushed off of platforms whenever they get into fights (Which can be fixed with movelock or just sitting thankfully but is still a bit annoying at times) and then of course being stalked for my precious pixel blood. I don't know about others but I almost always either have someone follow me while I'm working on something or working on my avatar (completely blocking my field of view 🤦‍♀️) in a few rare occasions I've actually had some use follower attachments to latch onto me. Fun times indeed lol.

Stop it.. Bad necroposter...

59b00f0798aca_pinheadnecro2.jpg.c2eb73758dc93fd3c16f0c5d74403433.jpg

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Durian1 said:

Now if I catch one creeping up on me while I'm in a sandbox working, I'll either just IM them and let them know thatI'm aware of the game and wish to be left alone or if that doesn't work, I just give them a little kick (literally) that nudges them back a few feet just to let them know that I want to be left alone. 😂

so you mean in fact you check the status of others around you and when you see some member of bloodlines, just using the sandbox as you do,  you bother them in IM and than grief ?... good boy you are... karma will hit you sooner or later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Stop it.. Bad necroposter...

Ummm, this is a thread about vampires. Necroing it seems appropriate somehow... :P

 

4 hours ago, Durian1 said:

My friends and I would always chase the persistent ones around.

The original post was about the Progeny game system and it's a bit different to the others.

Progeny is a stealthy vampire game so you'll never notice at all if you've been their target. The only thing a Progeny vampire has to do, is get reasonably close to an avatar (don't ask me how close, I have no idea) and then register them in their HUD as a victim. Nobody who doesn't have a Progeny HUD themselves will ever know what happened.

It seems a bit silly to worry about something like that of course but some people do feel unvomfortable about being unwittingly used as an NPC in a game this way and besides, you avatar will be registered in a database without your knowledge or consent. That is actually enough to make Progeny illegal in Europe.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can take notice of Progeny vampires if you want, although I can't see why anyone would.  You can get a Progeny Vampire Detector Ring that will let you know when a Progeny player is nearby.  Their bite range is only 3 meters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...