What is "bloodlines"?

MaggiJin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got a popup saying someone wanted to bite me. I declined and quickly asked them why they'd want to do that. thay just said "because bloodlines".

I guess my question is as the title states. What the hell is "bloodlines"? Please tell me i didn't have a run in with some kind of cult. The guy followed me for a bit so i'm already a bit creeped.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

In short, it is a vampire game.  You just met your first spam-pire. 

If one bites you your name gets registered in their game database, thus most people don't let them.

What sort of database? like an evil russian "list of people to try and hack" database?

5 minutes ago, MaggiJin said:

What sort of database? like an evil russian "list of people to try and hack" database?

Nah, it's a database that tracks the state of both biters and bitees. Once bitten, your SL name is registered in the database as a soul. You can wear a garlic necklace (which will communicate with the database) to mark you as unbite-able, but you'll still be in the database. The system itself is innocuous, some of the players can be annoying and overly sensitive unwitting victims can be a little dramatic. I just ignore 'em all.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, MaggiJin said:

I got a popup saying someone wanted to bite me. I declined and quickly asked them why they'd want to do that. thay just said "because bloodlines".

Spamlines... SL's most popular "Zer Suckheadz off zer nacht" based pyramid selling scheme.

Because the suckhead bit you, your soul isdammed (added to the suckhead victim database", you will now be encouraged by the suckhead to buy a "walking bloodbag" hud, until such time as he drinks all your blood, then you need to buy a "suckhead" hud, and spambite gothy looking noob avatars of your own finding.

The database ensures that people who have been bitten by other spamliners wont appear in your suckhead hud as potential recruits.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "Grid of Darkness" themed hud based "roleplay"...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Nah, it's a database that tracks the state of both biters and bitees. Once bitten, your SL name is registered in the database as a soul. You can wear a garlic necklace (which will communicate with the database to mark you as unbite-able, but you'll still be in the database. The system itself is innocuous, some of the players can be annoying and overly sensitive unwitting victims can be a little dramatic. I just ignore 'em all.

I see. I guess i maybe dodged a bullet?

Well .. they keep up with who bit who first and call it a soul.  The terminology rubs some people the wrong way when they find out their soul is owned by some vampire clan.  The database keeps track of who bit who when and how much blod you have and if you bought magic amuletX ... and it is all stored off SL on someones server.

1 minute ago, Klytyna said:

Spamlines... SL's most popular "Zer Suckheadz off zer nacht" based pyramid selling scheme.

Because the suckhead bit you, your soul isdammed (added to the suckhead victim database", you will now be encouraged by the suckhead to buy a "walking bloodbag" hud, until such time as he drinks all your blood, then you need to buy a "suckhead" hud, and spambite gothy looking noob avatars of your own finding.

The database ensures that people who have been bitten by other spamliners wont appear in your suckhead hud as potential recruits.

Welcome to the wonderful world of "Grid of Darkness" themed hud based "roleplay"...

I suppose this means theres no ligitimate vampire roleplay on the grid? a bit saddening.

3 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Oh there are lots of people role playing vampires.  Bloodlines is just one of the game systems some people use. (and the most annoying in my humble opinion).  If you care to search you will find clans that don't use any gaming system at all.

I get it now. at least i hope. So bloodlines is just a scheme to get people to buy huds so they can get other people to buy huds?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaggiJin said:

I get it now. at least i hope. So bloodlines is just a scheme to get people to buy huds so they can get other people to buy huds?

Theres' what 3 main systems now...

Spamlines was the biggie, the one that got 'biting' banned at oh so many sims, and it's all aboutthe huds, and the blood tanks and the apples. You buy a tank to store blood in, forwhen the hunting is lean, you buy bottles jars and barrels of blood so you dont have to hunt, your bloodbags buy apples so they dont die and need to buy another damned hud, then theres sidegrading, buy a dogboy hud as well as your suckhead hud and you can be a hybrid!

In addition prestige is largely based on how many souls you own... and your sire owns your soul, and under the principle of "own you own what you own" your sires sire owns your soul too, and so on upto the supreme Longfang himself, Lord Sir Baron Spambitus Suckalottus (the bloke that pays for the Clan Sim, and the massive pre filled blood tanks used to feed the favoured suckup suckheads so they can hang out at the clan home instead of wandering noob pits searching for goth looking avis and convincing them to join the clan and buy a hud (un-hudded damned souls don't count towards clan scoring)...

The other one whose name i cant remember (Nether -something?) was a similar system, except... if you refused a bite it offered you an option to stake the suckhead, and if they got staked 3 times in a single day, biting disabled for the day and they LOST blood, which helped make them a lot more polite about biting.

The third is "progeny" which is basically a stealth bite system for shy suckheads, the victims don't even get told they HAVE been bitten, the suck head sidles upto you, clicks a button on their hud then sidles away...

7 minutes ago, Klytyna said:

Theres' what 3 main systems now...

Spamlines was the biggie, the one that got 'biting' banned at oh so many sims, and it's all aboutthe huds, and the blood tanks and the apples. You buy a tank to store blood in, forwhen the hunting is lean, you buy bottles jars and barrels of blood so you dont have to hunt, your bloodbags buy apples so they dont die and need to buy another damned hud, then theres sidegrading, buy a dogboy hud as well as your suckhead hud and you can be a hybrid!

In addition prestige is largely based on how many souls you own... and your sire owns your soul, and under the principle of "own you own what you own" your sires sire owns your soul too, and so on upto the supreme Longfang himself, Lord Sir Baron Spambitus Suckalottus (the bloke that pays for the Clan Sim, and the massive pre filled blood tanks used to feed the favoured suckup suckheads so they can hang out at the clan home instead of wandering noob pits searching for goth looking avis and convincing them to join the clan and buy a hud (un-hudded damned souls don't count towards clan scoring)...

The other one whose name i cant remember (Nether -something?) was a similar system, except... if you refused a bite it offered you an option to stake the suckhead, and if they got staked 3 times in a single day, biting disabled for the day and they LOST blood, which helped make them a lot more polite about biting.

The third is "progeny" which is basically a stealth bite system for shy suckheads, the victims don't even get told they HAVE been bitten, the suck head sidles upto you, clicks a button on their hud then sidles away...

Interesting info.  I might go look up their community and their rules just to see more about it.

On 29/11/2017 at 6:26 AM, MaggiJin said:

The most annoying part in Bloodlines is what Klytyna mentioned : it's a pyramid selling system. I would hardly call this a roleplay game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

it's a pyramid selling system.

it is only a pyramid system if you want it to be, you can buy as much you want, or as less you want.

If you play the game pure it would be enough to buy only the hud, nothing more. For the amount of roughly 2.5 dollars you can have the total game experience as it's meant.

All other components are just extra, you don't need it.

2 hours ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

I would hardly call this a roleplay game.

it's a combination of a game and RP, you can do both, or one ... depends totally on the player what it is.

There are huge and small clans/pack who are quite active in the bloodlines RP's.

2 minutes ago, Morgan Rosenstar said:

If you want to play this game, you're going to buy more than just the hud... much more.

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you can buy as much you want, or as less you want.

it's totally the same as everything,

you can buy 100 pair or shoes... or just 2

you cna buy/rent a 512 parcel, but also a whole fp sim

your point states only negativity regarding the Bloodline game, if you don't like it, fine, but keep it to that when somebody asks for info, no need to keep mentioning it when somebody else gives another opinion.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's totally the same as everything,

you can buy 100 pair or shoes... or just 2

you cna buy/rent a 512 parcel, but also a whole fp sim

your point states only negativity regarding the Bloodline game, if you don't like it, fine, but keep it to that when somebody asks for info, no need to keep mentioning it when somebody else gives another opinion.

Having looked at the bloodlines shop i'm going to have to disagree with alwin. this reaks of microtransactions i've seen from other games, such as "free to play" mmos.

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

No, it's not just me.

http://slgi.wikia.com/wiki/Bloodlines_Vampire_System_(costs)

Bloodlines Vampire System (costs)

HOW EXPENSIVE IS PLAYING BLOODLINES

Many players spend huge amounts of money for this. Some feed entire armies of alts. Others, buy you a HUD and will even pay you in extra. The third group, will try only to steal your soul, then never talk about you. Well, there are residents that joined this at their own will and with their own money, but they are not always linked to top players. You can see small families (groups of up to 100 players) that form clans. They are close friends and sometimes neighbors. These small clans are never going to the top. They stay put, they just enjoy their own roleplay.

The following lists show the costs you spend to get ranked, suppose that you pay all your minions need (their HUD, their fluids and costs for their own minions). Calculation is made only for Bloodlines roleplay, not for War.

Complete gear Edit

• HUD (all 3): 3x599 = 1797 L$
  • AMULET: 7999 L$
  • SPIKE / CLAW: 2x499 = 998 L$
  • VIALS: 2x99 = 198 L$
  • COFFIN / SARCOPHAGUS 2x599 = 1198 L$
  • SCANNER: 499 L$
  • BOUNDS: 2x999 = 1998 L$
  • SIPHONS: 3x399 = 1197 L$
  • BADGE: 199 L$
  • INSIGNIA: 499 L4
  • SOUL TROPHY: 299 L$
  • WORMWOOD: 249 L$
  • NIGHTSHADE: 249 L$
  • VALERIAN: 249 L$
  • HEMLOCK: 249 L$
  • ELECTRUM: 999 L$
  • VALERIAN: 49 L$
  • WOLFSBANE: 249 L$
  • HAUNT + bar pack: 999 L$
  • TOTAL: 12 174 L$ (without amulet), 20 173 L$ (with amulet)
  • Transformed: 49.69 $ (without amulet), 82.33 $ (with amulet)

Those who don't pay for amulet will pay more for body fluids, in time.

So, before quoting me and making it something personal which I did not at all while you've no problem to claim it's from me... please check the informations on Bloodlines.

Edited by Morgan Rosenstar

Bloodlines is insanity. I actually played Bloodlines for a little while on an alt I used just for vampire roleplay. I actually bought an amulet for her, I must have been insane at the time.

The creators must have made a LOT of money from the Bloodlines gear from people like me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2374 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.