Is this parcel worth it?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

About the parcel:

L$4980

512 m^2

175 Land Capacity

It neighbors my 512 m^2 land where I raise WK Tigers and Bunnies

Further Info:

I currently own 2048 m^2 land, 512 left for the tier. 1024 is allocated to my house and garden, 512 is allocated to a Chicken Farm, and 512 for the above mentioned WK Tigers. All lands are disconnected. I want leftover LI in my currently held lands to allocate to the offspring of my breedables.

I probably would usually ignore it given its price and quality, but the fact that it neighbors my tigers' land is quite tempting....

It's hard for someone else to say whether it's worth it or not, and I'm not the best to answer that question as I have accumulated more land than I necessarily need.  However, one thing to consider is that if it is in the same sim as the parcel with your WK Tigers, then you'll be able to share the land impact between the two parcels (and your other parcels - if they happen to be in that same sim).  The price does seem a bit high, so you'll need to wrestle with how much you want the parcel that adjoins one you already have.  If you have the available tier already, so purchasing it won't increase your monthly tier, then it's basically a one-time cost for the initial purchase of the land.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

It's hard for someone else to say whether it's worth it or not, and I'm not the best to answer that question as I have accumulated more land than I necessarily need.  However, one thing to consider is that if it is in the same sim as the parcel with your WK Tigers, then you'll be able to share the land impact between the two parcels (and your other parcels - if they happen to be in that same sim).  The price does seem a bit high, so you'll need to wrestle with how much you want the parcel that adjoins one you already have.  If you have the available tier already, so purchasing it won't increase your monthly tier, then it's basically a one-time cost for the initial purchase of the land.  

Thanks for your analysis - it was very thorough. My home and my farm are in different sims from the tigers' parcel. I guess I'll give it more thought.

• Like 1

If there's nothing special about the parcel, then it's not generally worth L$4980 these days. Years ago it would have been exceedingly cheap at that price. BUT... whether it's worth it YOU or not is something that only you can answer. If I had a good use for that particular parcel, I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd buy it. After all, L$4980 isn't a lot of money and, if I could get good use out of it, it's  cheap.

Another possibility is getting in touch with the owner and making an offer. At L$4980, the parcel is likely to be on the market for some time so there's probably no rush. Personally, I'd buy it straight away if it was something that I wanted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

If there's nothing special about the parcel, then it's not generally worth L$4980 these days. Years ago it would have been exceedingly cheap at that price. BUT... whether it's worth it YOU or not is something that only you can answer. If I had a good use for that particular parcel, I wouldn't think twice about it. I'd buy it. After all, L$4980 isn't a lot of money and, if I could get good use out of it, it's  cheap.

Another possibility is getting in touch with the owner and making an offer. At L$4980, the parcel is likely to be on the market for some time so there's probably no rush. Personally, I'd buy it straight away if it was something that I wanted.

Thank you for the advice as well. You made a pretty good argument as to why I should get it.  I suppose I'll contact the owner.

If your current holdings aren't particularly special, another option might be to dump the "chicken farm" and tiger-and-bunny parcel, pool the 1024 recovered tier with the 512 you have to spare, and buy it all in the same sim somewhere less expensive.

Also (as you may be aware), you could acquire slightly (10%) more land for the same tier if you deed everything to a group.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

in general the free market has better deals

Sometimes.  The current auction is showing some 512 parcels for only L$250, which is likely about as good as it will get inworld.  And like inworld, the auction also contains parcels that I personally think are quite overpriced.

I think the auction is "one of many tools" that people should use when looking for land.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.