SL businesses that buy mainland parcels

Loli Lusch

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There probably are, but if you scan prices for similar property and then just undercut them all, you'll likely sell quickly anyway.  Unless you are in a super hurry to get rid of the land, I'd at least give that a shot for a day or two.

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, iamyourneighbour said:

List for 0.5 L per SQM and the bots will fly to eat them up lol.

Does that still work? It's been years since I've had any spare land I didn't want to abandon, so I don't know, but I'd heard that all the major Mainland dealers had given up on bots and only bought "feature" parcels (waterfront, protected sides, etc.). I see some auctions expire with no bids at the L$0.5 / sqm open, so I'd think a "buy anything" bot could only be profitable at a lower price. (Again though this is all just guess-work and hearsay.)

• 2 weeks later...

They aren't bots, they are people who are quick on the draw -- I think they keep refreshing the land for sale pages -- if you set your land to less than .5/meter. They show up and buy it, sometimes stopping to look around to see what it is worth. I haven't seen a bot in ages.

22 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

They aren't bots, they are people who are quick on the draw -- I think they keep refreshing the land for sale pages -- if you set your land to less than .5/meter. They show up and buy it, sometimes stopping to look around to see what it is worth. I haven't seen a bot in ages.

Quick on the draw lol Really?

• 9 months later...

Hello,

If it's not bots then. I had an auction at 6000. I put 6010 at the moment when I click I am told that my auction is already outdated. In doubt I make a new one to 8000. Again my auction is outdated again....I made others and same result.
I wanted to take advantage of the premium account (1024 m2) but I realize that this advantage is .... virtually virtual ..... Normal to Second Life me tell you  :D

2 minutes ago, Eurythmia said:

Hello,

If it's not bots then. I had an auction at 6000. I put 6010 at the moment when I click I am told that my auction is already outdated. In doubt I make a new one to 8000. Again my auction is outdated again....I made others and same result.
I wanted to take advantage of the premium account (1024 m2) but I realize that this advantage is .... virtually virtual ..... Normal to Second Life me tell you  :D

it's not always/ mostly not, cheaper when you buy your land at auctions, use the landsales in search or simply use the map to trace the yellow colored parts.. if you find the size you want simply land there and see if its what you like.

Auctions nearly always end at higher costs than buy it directly from a resident.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eurythmia said:

Whoever currently holds the high bid probably gave a really high top limit on how much they'll pay.  If you bid above their current amount but under their top limit, their bid will immediately adjust to whatever is needed to beat yours.  So, no bots involved, just a really high bid limit.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

It's often the case that you can find better deals from direct purchases than from auctions, but auctions can also be bargains -- except not right now. After the new, doubled free Premium tier, the auctions have been very much higher than before. My hunch is that prices would settle back some even if the Lab did nothing to bring more abandoned land to auction -- but I also have a hunch they'll do just that, bringing prices down faster. They really want people to put more land into monthly tier-paying ownership, and high prices could discourage that.

That's all a long-winded way of saying you might get a better deal by waiting a bit. And yet, if it'll be more fun to have more land sooner, go for it!

[ETA: Incidentally, the "bots" in question when this thread was new are a whole different breed of (possibly extinct?) bot that automatically searched for in-world parcels for sale at below-market prices and bought them before human-operated accounts had a chance at them. That's in contrast to auction bots, which also may or may not exist; if you engage in enough auctions, you'll see some bids jump in the final moments of an auction -- possibly faster than humans could reliably respond.]

Edited by Qie Niangao

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2245 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.