Friends list

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when i sign in to secondlife,com iI dont see a friend on my list, but when in world they are on my list, i have tried to IM them but no response as it shows them offline, but not recieving the user offline message, i messaged another friend who is offline and did recieve the user offline message. Am i being ignore? why are they still on my in world friend list but on the website friends list?

On April 24, 2017 at 6:56 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

If someone is showing online to me, but doesn't answer IMs, I appreciate getting a message saying they aren't accepting messages at the moment.  Otherwise I have to wonder if they are ignoring me or just not noticing the IM notification.

I always assume if they do not answer that they are on the toilet or something.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Talligurl said:

And then there are the times I start looking at the marketplace and get distacrted and don't get back to SL for 15 20 minutes.

I do that quite often. I'll think of something that I want/need, flip over to MP and be there for quite a while.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2017 at 9:09 PM, CheriColette said:

I wish the recent upgrade by LL would have aloud us to be invisible online if we wanted it.  

I completely agree, but the answer I got when I asked about that topic was that messing with Presence would somehow mess up vendor systems or cause issues with the economy - so no matter how badly I was being stalked, the only recourse was to make a new avatar. A true "globally invisible" system was not in the cards.

I'm not technically astute on server systems, and not even a night at Holiday Inn Express could help me smart enough to make heads or tails of that :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AmandaKeen said:

I completely agree, but the answer I got when I asked about that topic was that messing with Presence would somehow mess up vendor systems or cause issues with the economy - so no matter how badly I was being stalked, the only recourse was to make a new avatar. A true "globally invisible" system was not in the cards.

I'm not technically astute on server systems, and not even a night at Holiday Inn Express could help me smart enough to make heads or tails of that :-)

If thats the only problem...they could just make it so you stay home and not spend any money while you are incognito!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.