How do I delete a post ! I noticed forum design has changed ? Where do I find this on the dashboard!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

How do  I delete a post to keep my  topics organized  or if I  needed to correct the post besides  this new option deemed " correction"? Thats all I see here ?

! I noticed forum design has changed  ? Where do  I find this  on the dashboard! Help!

I do not think you can delete posts on Invision Power Boards without mod permissions. The old Lithium was more permissive towards the user, IPB is less permissive. I can't even use direct links and have dynamic signatures anymore. :<

You can always Report your post and request a mod to delete it, or you can edit your post to contain something like "[REDACTED]" or "[REMOVED]".

I do advise against deleting topics as it deletes information that others may find useful, especially on questions.

• Like 2

Thanks so much for you're response. 

I  just don't want old posts making things messy is all.  How do I delete old topics if it makes things more organized , I am sure I am not the only one that is a bit lost right now. But  I am sure once I  work with it I will get used to it at some point. :)

1 hour ago, Evve Rexen said:

Thanks so much for you're response. 

I  just don't want old posts making things messy is all.  How do I delete old topics if it makes things more organized , I am sure I am not the only one that is a bit lost right now. But  I am sure once I  work with it I will get used to it at some point. :)

It must drive you as mad as it does me, Evve, all the internet clutter that there is; not just here on Second Life forums/answers, but across the whole of the internet. 

At the moment there is no way of deleting posts. That is not to say this is a permanent situation.  

The new layout of these forums left most people very lost at first, and every day we're finding something new and informative/irritating* (*delete where applicable)

Edited by Marigold Devin
too late in my RL day to be thinking any more. GotobedMarigold!

6 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

I think one should be able to delete their own post, as a mistake might be made to infringe the rules  because one cannot really be held responsible if breaking the rules by accident if one has no right to delete post.

Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law excuses not" and "ignorance of law excuses no one" respectively) is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law may not escape liability for violating that law merely because one was unaware of its content.

Edited by Perrie Juran
  • Like 1

• Administrators
On 4/16/2017 at 2:23 AM, greek Wingtips said:

I think one should be able to delete their own post, as a mistake might be made to infringe the rules  because one cannot really be held responsible if breaking the rules by accident if one has no right to delete post.

You do have time to go and read the rules before engaging in a post here, and because you are typing, you have plenty of time to really think if that is what you really want to say, or even if you should be saying it. Then from there, we give you a full 24 hours to make edits, after you have had time to think some more. We really hope that everyone takes the time to consider the community guidelines before choosing to participate, however if you didn't, we really aren't that mean here, and will likely give you a gentle warning your first time around, ya know, the Mom/Dad look that everyone fears.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

You do have time to go and read the rules before engaging in a post here, and because you are typing, you have plenty of time to really think if that is what you really want to say, or even if you should be saying it. Then from there, we give you a full 24 hours to make edits, after you have had time to think some more. We really hope that everyone takes the time to consider the community guidelines before choosing to participate, however if you didn't, we really aren't that mean here, and will likely give you a gentle warning your first time around, ya know, the Mom/Dad look that everyone fears.

... peers over her glasses at you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Tommy, we are wondering why the only place within the actual forum that the guidelines are posted is in the General Discussion, and in none of the others. Seems as tho it is the only place the guidelines apply.

• Administrators
Just now, Pamela Galli said:

Tommy, we are wondering why the only place within the actual forum that the guidelines are posted is in the General Discussion, and in none of the others. Seems as tho it is the only place the guidelines apply.

I think I have answered this before, but I might not have been clear in the communication on it. For now, the pinning is temporary. We are working on solutions that make it more readily available, but my pinning it in General Discussion was a quick and dirty fix in the mean time, so that it was at least visible some where in the forums.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2565 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.