An express lane to my dashboard?

Rolig Loon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here's another May-We-Have-The-Old-Feature-Back request .....

In the old forums, we used to be able to click on the SL hand icon to link directly to our dashboard at secondlife.com. I can certainly open the dashboard with a bookmarked link, but that's one extra step and I am lazy.  (Actually, until I can train myself not to click on the hand icon and end up at the Community home page, it's at least two extra clicks.  O.o )   So ... may we have a link to secondlife.com on the header in the new forums?

ETA: BTW, the current link from the icon to the home page for the Community forums is redundant, since there's already a HOME button just below it.

Edited by Rolig Loon
Added exciting observation
  • Like 6

@Tommy Linden In another thread, people were asking for the links we used to have in the sidebar. You asked what the sidebar was. It was the column on the right side of all forum pages - where the Announcements are now put on the main forum pages.

I mention this here because, if the Announcements 'sidebar' is institutued on all pages, or even if it's only on the main forum pages, the Dashboard link that is being asked for in this thread could be easily placed in it. Now that a right column is implemented, it would be a very easy thing to add some links to it, as was previously asked for. It would be a little less easy to add a personal link to a user's dashboard, but not in any way difficult.

@Perrie Juran Notice how I used your technique of inviting (notifying) someone (Tommy in this case) to read a post in a thread in which he hadn't already participated :)

Edited by Phil Deakins
addition
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Hey,

This is a more complicated request then me letting people see who liked a post. However, if its something that you want, that you really, really want, get a JIRA going and toss me the link and I will see that at the very least it gets brought up for discussion. While you are at it, if there is not one already, I would also suggest getting one in for the sidebar request.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Whirly Fizzle and/or @Perrie Juran You guys are experts in the Jira system, so we had a vote and we nominated one of you two to do as Tommy suggested. The popular vote was as follows:-

For Whirly and/or Perrie to do it - 1 vote. (Who was that 1 vote?)

Against - 0 votes.

:D

Not Whirly, she is too busy fixing SL.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

@Whirly Fizzle and/or @Perrie Juran You guys are experts in the Jira system, so we had a vote and we nominated one of you two to do as Tommy suggested. The popular vote was as follows:-

For Whirly and/or Perrie to do it - 1 vote. (Who was that 1 vote?)

Against - 0 votes.

:D

I don't know what ever gave you the idea that I am some kind of expert.

25 minutes ago, Perrie Juran said:

I don't know what ever gave you the idea that I am some kind of expert.

Becvause you're a Martian who travelled across space to reach here, so you must be super-clever, and an expert at everything we earth people can do.

It doesn't matter though. Rolig has done it. Well done, Rolig! :)

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.