Robophilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Martians have a very "Stilted" view of Human Sexuality and Reproduction.  Not that it's not correct to have this opinion.

The cited article is absolute pig trough fodder of the basest kind. Why? It's old news!

We hominids have been pleasuring ourselves both manually and with "Aids" both static and electric for 10's of thousands of years. Further, humans have been documenting this fact for the last few thousands of years many times in glorious detail replete with full color drawings.

Take advanced topics in Societal and Cultural Anthropology to get the lowdown on this subject while in college.

That this may soon extend into life-like automation's is only newsworthy since the more electronics you put into a fetish doll the more touchy / feely stimulation can be offered.

Do you want a relationship [not possible in the mental health sence] with one of these? I can hear the retort now, Naaa, I just use it for sex!

Sex Toys are Sex Toys. Fetishes are Fetishes. Enjoy them or not, this is totally up to you. Don't ever mistake and encounter with these for a relationship. Falling in love and/or maintaining a relationship is complicated enough without the nonsense of being manipulated by an AI program simulating human behavior. This kind of [relationship substitution] activity dehumanizes you, making you a statistic in the column of less than your full potential. It is the height of selfish erotic elitism.   

I will credit machinima and robotics where it makes a difference, especially for those people with body's that have failed them in some way. The intelligent, multi-function wheelchairs that also act as communication platforms for their charges are the best of all possible marriages of body and machine. This as well as prosthetic limbs and body organs bring a nobility to the human/machine relationship.

So back to sex, the ultimate Sex Toy is a member of your preferred gender's mind..... Accept no substitute.

P.S. Yes I'm very biased in this area....

I probably wasn't more than six years old when I first started to sense that we could be oblivious to the obvious. It's been a challenge to keep that sense alive over the years, as society tries to drum it out of us.

I agree with you, we've been doing this forever. The means becomes more technologically complex, but the end is the same. I suppose it doesn't say much for the technology if it takes a trillion transistors to replace the middle finger (index if you prefer) and closed eyes... but it does say something about the imagination.

That said, AI needn't fool us, it need only allow us to fool ourselves. When it comes to relationships, that lowers the bar.

;-).

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Martians have a very "Stilted" view of Human Sexuality and Reproduction. 

I posted this with out comment so I don't know how you make this assumption.

But you know, once you go green..............   ;)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Martians have a very "Stilted" view of Human Sexuality and Reproduction. 

I posted this with out comment so I don't know how you make this assumption.

But you know, once you go green..............  
;)

Just commenting from previous posts over the years that I'm sure I'm misremembering. We do need to make sure that our Martian Visitors are reading more better periodicals than this delightful birdcage floor liner.

...snorts affectionately :D

...yawns.   Tabloid repetitions enthrall us not.  Especially from a rag even the UK establishment considers a joke.....albeit  a handy one to keep the masses of wage slaves who consider themselves 'middle class' believeing they matter to the 1%.

Time to get back into SL, Perrie.  Fast.

As Cmdr. in Chief, almost, of the forumite elite, you are either able to be online 24 hours a day or spend way too much time posting over 10,500 posts in a forum.  Hells Bells.

Trust me......you won't miss anything if you give this place a break for a week, or God forbid...even longer.  SL is good.  SL can be fun.  SL can look pretty. SL can lead to meeting peeps and communicating there.  

But too much time in a forum - of any kind! - is possibly unhealthy.

Let it go.  Sure...it''ll be hard, at first.  But just think...you could be one of the first...to return! :o)   The other foumites will perhaps take a step back......look at their equally ludicrous post tally and think........'hmmmm, SL?  Should I dip my toe in there, again?  After all these - coughs - frutiful hours posting every single goddam day...hmmmmmm...maybe, I should also get back to that place where everyone else in SL actually is.'

Hoshi Kenin wrote:

...and seemingly an expert.

Oh no no no. If anything I'm a consulting contributor based on the definition of a consultant I affectionately use in RL and I quote: "Someone who had read the manual minutes before you made the inquiry"

:P

Hoshi Kenin wrote:

...and seemingly an expert.

Oh no no no. If anything I'm a consulting contributor based on the definition of a consultant I affectionately use in RL and I quote: "Someone who had read the manual minutes before you made the inquiry"

:P

One lovely advantage of consulting online (as we do next door in Answers) is that you can read the manual minutes after the inquiry.

;-).

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

So back to sex, the ultimate Sex Toy is a member of your preferred gender's mind..... Accept no substitute.

P.S. Yes I'm very biased in this area....

I may be biased. but the ultimate sex toy is Clover Jinx.

/me .........imagines you two practicing Human Macramé 

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

One lovely advantage of consulting online (as we do next door in Answers) . . .

If that's what you think "consulting" is then you probably think McDonald's is haute cuisine

Alec - it when people get confused between original thought and cut-and-pasting

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.