Still broken after all these years

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote: That's the new default landing page after login.

I would lik e to organise a petition to make Answers the default landing page.

Teri

((THat way, it would get all the posts starting, "I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to . . . "))

Coby Foden wrote:

Yes. I mentioned about that "
dropped into the blogs
" in this BUG report, created on April 4, 2015:

Maybe they aren't going to do anything about that one?

The random signed out thing seems mostly been fixed though (in my experience).

I know.  You'd think anyone responsible for fixing the problem would have it fixed by now.  How difficult can it be.  I mean - the LL wouldn't put someone incompetent  in charge of an area would they.  On  the other hand the LL does clearly let things wait until the responsible person returns from being away... like if they  were on vacation.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

That's the new default landing page after login... Weeeee

At least the auto log out issue is fixed. That was way more annoying.

You're entitled to your OPINION about what's more annoying.

But that's not what this thread is all about - it's about sumptin' broken for two whole months and still not fixed.

MissTeriMahn wrote:

KarenMichelle Lane wrote: That's the new default landing page afterlogin.

I would lik e to organise a petition to make Answers the default landing page.

Teri

((THat way, it would get all the posts starting, "I'm new here and I hope this is the right place to . . . "))

I'm thinking either you are joking or you are wrong.

Let's just talk about where you are wrong.

When a person is viewing an area of the 'Community' and decides to login they should land back in the area they were in.  Not some favorite of yours.

Suppose someone was reading the latest blog posting by the LL.  Then they login.  And land in answers?   I suppose they would be in the right place to ask why there weren't landing back where they were.  So while that makes you a tiny bit right it also makes you hugely wrong.

See?

• 1 month later...

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Dude, there are significant bugs in SL that are older than most of our children. Do you think LL cares about those?

I'm surprised you  dragged our children into this but now that you have - if one of them was viewing this thread before logging in and clicked on reply.... they'd get taken to login and then dumped into the blogs.  Then they'd have to find their way back here to select the thread again and then hit reply again.  We're talking about our children here.  Having to click reply two times in order to reply one time.  LL should care.

• 3 months later...

Canoro Philipp wrote:

the idea behind getting dropped into the blogs is that if there is an announcement by Linden Lab, you probably don't want to miss it, so they do you that extra favor to help you keep in touch with the latest Linden Lab announcements.

:smileylol: It seems that way.

Actually it's a bug and it bugs the Lindens as well;

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Second-Life-Tech/these-flipping-forums-and-the-constant-need-to-login/m-p/2972263#M3983

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.