Freaky Bizarre moments of the unexplained in virtual worlds.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK so this thread is about freaky things that happen to you in SL which only later get explained, OR DONT!

The video below shows a mystery that i only figured out an explanation for today. I thought i was going mad seeing strange shadows zipping past me.

I also remember back in 2007 the Mystery of the PRIM HAIR OF DEATH, which if anyone touched it they would CRASH. It had mysteriously appeared as if left by someone. No one could pic it up, no one could return it. In the end the sim owner put a special box around it and put up warning signs. That one was never explained, or at least i never heard the explanation.

deadlyprimwig.jpg

Has anyone else stumbled across strange unexplained mysterious events in Second Life?

The only thing that I have a photo of is an example of the occasional 'collapse' of an avatar on the floor.  This one happened to me in July 2007 in a club.  In my view, I was dancing.  In my friend's view, I was collapsed.  She took a photo to prove it.  I am, of course, the one on the floor.  No rhyme or reason.  She accused me of substance abuse.

broken v on vood floor.jpg

Have you ever seen a male avatar with nice skin, nice clothes, nice hair but he has a kind of short pudgy body? I've seen it often enough to know that it's the same shape. I think to myself, "There's now way he'd wear that skin and then use THAT shape!" It's a real mystery.

I just found another picture of a STRANGE instance in Second Life. This dates back to November 2006 when logins were turned off for a while , then when switched back on everyone tried to login at the same time at the same place causing a massive MASH UP of avatars that would not rez properly and melded together at the teleport portal.

Picture-5.jpg

Somewhere in that pile of rezzing Limbs is my younger brother. Apparently no one could move, ah the good old days :-P

I love this thread.  Some great examples here.   I really liked the seething stew of grey arms and legs, and the prim hair of death. 

As regards the squid,  are you saying it was an avie in squid clothing that flew past you?   I'm at a loss to understand why it wasn't in the water, otherwise.    :-P

@ Squashy,

as far as me and the squid owner could tell, because it was so close to the sim boarder it would sometime **bleep** over into my sim. But instead of actually crossing, it would get propelled at high speed across my sim :-p. What actually causes 'Sim border squid flinging' or 'SBQF' is beyond my understanding.

Sim crossing during sailing trips are sometimes really trippy. There was a time when my friend who was controlling the ship had crashed and ended up in a void during a sim cross and her body was still there and kept on rolling. We ended up sailing for 5-6 sims like if nothing happened. 

This one dates back to Last year int he Steampunk Town Of New Babbage. They Have a system of trams that ferry visitors around the town, BUT rumours are rife that these trams try to harm their passengers by derailing and driving headlong into the canals. 

I was working on refurbishing my shop last year when i spotted in the distance something casually flying past in the sky. At first i thought it was a new type of airship, but on closer inspection of photographic evidence and some whizzy CSI enhancement it was revealed to be a Tram. Hopefully no one was onboard when it decided to take flight.

babbageUFO.jpg

• 11 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4425 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.