Off Topic is not viewable

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just wondering if any1 else noticed this. You can not view the Off Topic category unless you are logged into the foums. The Private Forums are the same way. For some time, I knew that some were missing, it just did not hit me until now as to why.:smileytongue:

Well, I just noticed that my Woohoo! thread was removed from the Roundtable. Did we/I do something wrong? Is the merchant roundtable just for business talk? I thought it was a playful thread. None of it was derogatory. I'm still scratching my head.:smileysurprised:

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Well, I just noticed that my Woohoo! thread was removed from the Roundtable. Did we/I do something wrong? Is the merchant roundtable just for business talk? I thought it was a playful thread. None of it was derogatory. I'm still scratching my head.:smileysurprised:

I was a bit critical of LL and the new rankings in that thread,  and we were posting vid files that weren't really relevant , and Suella went on one of her cheese related tangents :smileyhappy:. I can see why they deleted it based on the recent level of moderation.

What is exactly the point of posting anything then? You can't be happy and you can't be critical, and eventually some1 will say something that gets the thread deleted. Why even have a forum? Would save me alot of time.

Oh, wait, i see. If we are not helping, we should shut up. OTaY!

Totally agree with you Med. What would be helpful is if the moderators could inform us of why threads are deleted. At least then we could avoid making the same "mistakes" or at the very least try and make sense of their moderation. At the moment it is all guesswork. 

I agree with you too.  I have a question to ask, about an email I got that purports to be from SL.  I can't figure out where to ask the question and to be quite honest I'm kind of afraid to ask it, you no longer know what is offending or pissing off the mods.   The email i got is from noreply@qemailserver.com.  It refers to a survey being at secondlife.qualtrics.com.  It asks me to take a survey to 'get to know me better'.  It says there's a big prize of Lindens.  It sends a link to a survey which I have not opened.  After a few days passed, I got a 'reminder' to take the survey.  Is this legit?  I guess if this post is deleted I"ll know it's not ok to ask the question. 

Medhue Simoni wrote:

Just wondering if any1 else noticed this. You can not view the Off Topic category unless you are logged into the foums. The Private Forums are the same way. For some time, I knew that some were missing, it just did not hit me until now as to why.:smileytongue:

It has been like this since the day of its inception. Any potentially negative forums are not viewable to non registered readers and visitors of Second Life. Although, community managers had never confirmed nor deny our assumptions, like most had said in Community Feedback, that this is a good compromise from LL for allowing us to have a replacement of the old GD.

Porky Gorky wrote:

Totally agree with you Med. What would be helpful is if the moderators could inform us of why threads are deleted. At least then we could avoid making the same "mistakes" or at the very least try and make sense of their moderation. At the moment it is all guesswork. 

I'm surprised that it was pulled as well.  I thought it was mostly lighthearted fun and a chance for merchants to reconnect in the Merchants Roundtable.  Goodness knows, that sub-forum became a ghost town in the Flog.

I've noticed that some moderated threads have been closed with explanations given in the last post by the moderator.  As Porky says, we need to know why threads are unacceptable so we don't repeat the same mistakes.

Anything from LL or SL I'd expect to be from a secondlife.com address, and I have to agree with another poster that I wouldn't expect LL to give away Lindens for anything.  Add to that LL having locked accounts for receiving Lindens from places they have not approved.  I think not only would I ignore this survey request but I would also put that address in the spam filter.

Treasure,  just delete the email.  While it might be from LL, this would be the first time LL has ever offered us anything beyond the pleasure of helping LL screw over.. err, improve customer relations :smileytongue:

And on topic, if the compromise of having Off Topic is to not have it show up without logging in, I'm totally happy with it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4800 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.