New in SL. Just got "pregnant" yesterday. What now?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My friend and I are freaked aout about a pop up saying "Congrstulations, you're pregnant and the father is..." or something like that.

Went to that clinic and the pregnancy was confirmed. Don't like the thought of an abortion even in fantasy.

So, I am supposedly on my second day. Do not have plans to buy any bellies or anything. What happens on the 9th day, really? Will I end up with a baby without havng to buy one? Will I have to buy a crib and all for him/her?

Please explain this to me. Thank you

AlexandriteGem wrote:

My friend and I are freaked aout about a pop up saying "Congrstulations, you're pregnant and the father is..." or something like that.

Went to that clinic and the pregnancy was confirmed. Don't like the thought of an abortion even in fantasy.

So, I am supposedly on my second day. Do not have plans to buy any bellies or anything. What happens on the 9th day, really? Will I end up with a baby without havng to buy one? Will I have to buy a crib and all for him/her?

Please explain this to me. Thank you

On the ninth day ABSOLUTELY NOTHING will happen to you. You're on a list somewhere and you may get pop-up messages which will have utterly no effect on your Second Life. There is no "pregnancy" hard-wired into Second Life; anything having to do pregnancy is done with add-ons and roleplaying. If the pop-ups annoy you you can probably block them.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

Just detach the object causing it - it's usually a freebie 'genital' attachment.

No guilt, the whole pregnancy thing is essentially a scam to get you to pay for babycare accessories (on some brands, the baby too).

There's more important things to learn about SL.
:)

There is no object to detach, and the onduty system doesn't ask permission.

The freenis pregnancy works by proximity, it might perhaps require that two people are sharing furniture, but it can't tell what animation is being played when the male presses the **bleep** button. You could be sat talking innocently with someone on a swing or a couch chatting and not noticing them **bleep** until you get the message you are pregant.

For all the drama about bloodlines. the Onduty system is much more intrusive and I would think could be distressing (if for example they had had a miscarriage).

When it happened to me I was new too and had to ask (rather embarassingly) for help because I did not know what was going on. They took me to a clinic and I sat on the abortion machine to be rid of the spamming.

I don't know if after 9 days it stops spamming you or if it starts telling you you are overdue. I never let it get that far.

Nothing bad will happen but this text that follows was the conversation that I had with somone in 2008 when they tried begging for baby stuff...  enjoy!

I do not know this person, she just IM'd me as we were standing in Stiletto Moody... (name changed)

-- Instant message logging enabled --
[12:03]  Immabeggar Lorefield: hi
[12:03]  Sassy Romano: hello
[12:04]  Immabeggar Lorefield: how are you ?
[12:04]  Sassy Romano: good thanks you?
[12:05]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ok
[12:05]  Immabeggar Lorefield: can i ask a question?
[12:05]  Sassy Romano: of course you can  :)
[12:06]  Immabeggar Lorefield: can i borrow 200l usally i dont ask this but im very desperate i do get paid on monday i will pay it back
[12:06]  Sassy Romano: 200 is less than $1 US
[12:08]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but i dont use real money
[12:08]  Sassy Romano: what do you need it for?
[12:08]  Immabeggar Lorefield: im expecting a baby so im short on a nursery
[12:08]  Sassy Romano: an SL baby?
[12:09]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yep
[12:10]  Sassy Romano: if you stick it on the floor, it won't notice
[12:10]  Immabeggar Lorefield: huh
[12:10]  Sassy Romano: it's not real, it won't notice if you place it on the floor or in a cot
[12:10]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i will pay it back
[12:10]  Immabeggar Lorefield: can i just borrow it please
[12:12]  Sassy Romano: let me consult my therapist...
[12:12]  Immabeggar Lorefield: haha
[12:14]  Immabeggar Lorefield: so what did your therapist
[12:14]  Sassy Romano: not answering yet
[12:15]  Sassy Romano: what job do you do?
[12:16]  Immabeggar Lorefield: nurse
[12:16]  Sassy Romano: in SL I meant?
[12:16]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah a nurse
[12:17]  Sassy Romano: i've been advised that in accordance with the Financial Services Act, in order to consider a loan, I would need to have a full break down of income and expenses
[12:17]  Immabeggar Lorefield: so you wanna know what i make
[12:17]  Sassy Romano: and expenses
[12:17]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ok
[12:18]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i make 650 weekly i work weekends
[12:18]  Immabeggar Lorefield: only
[12:19]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ii dont spend thta much on clothes i usally spend 250 on clothes and shoes
[12:19]  Sassy Romano: and how long has prim baby been coming?
[12:19]  Immabeggar Lorefield: my baby is due on monday
[12:20]  Sassy Romano: you buy it on monday?
[12:20]  Immabeggar Lorefield: no
[12:20]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i already bought it
[12:20]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i give birth on monday
[12:20]  Sassy Romano: and how long has it been coming for?
[12:20]  Immabeggar Lorefield: 4 weeks
[12:20]  Sassy Romano: so in 4 weeks you'd have earned L$2600
[12:21]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yes
[12:21]  Sassy Romano: and 4 days before you find that you didn't plan 4 weeks of spending?
[12:21]  Immabeggar Lorefield: my baby cost 6k
[12:21]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ok
[12:22]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i just need to borrow 20l
[12:22]  Sassy Romano: but what happens to prim baby without the nursery?
[12:22]  Immabeggar Lorefield: it has no bed
[12:22]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i will pay it back
[12:23]  Sassy Romano: and that will affect it how?
[12:23]  Immabeggar Lorefield: it will be homeless
[12:23]  Immabeggar Lorefield: can i just i borrow 200l
[12:23]  Sassy Romano: I can rez a cube and hollow it out if that helps?
[12:23]  Immabeggar Lorefield: well can i borrow 200l please
[12:25]  Sassy Romano: hold on..
[12:25]  Immabeggar Lorefield: kk
[12:25]  Inventory item offered
[12:26]  Immabeggar Lorefield: thanks but can i borrow 200
[12:26]  Sassy Romano: but that's a bed no?
[12:26]  Sassy Romano: I just made that for you, it's a gift especially from Autie Sassy
[12:26]  Immabeggar Lorefield: a bed is not the only thing bath tub
[12:26]  Immabeggar Lorefield: haha
[12:26]  Immabeggar Lorefield: please i will pay you back im just short of 200
[12:27]  Sassy Romano: but you don't need 200 now, you have a cot?
[12:27]  Sassy Romano: bath tub...hold on...
[12:28]  Inventory item offered
12:57]  Immabeggar Lorefield: so can i borrow it
[12:57]  Sassy Romano: I made a cot and a bath for you, those were your requirements no?
[12:58]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yes but can i can borrow 200l it not like im not going to pay you back
[12:58]  Sassy Romano: but you have what you need no?
[12:58]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but i want a nursery im just short of 200
[12:58]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i will pay it back
[12:58]  Sassy Romano: what else do you need?
[12:59]  Immabeggar Lorefield: sassy thank you for the cot and the bath but im short of 200l i will pay you back i want to buy a scupltie one
[13:00]  Sassy Romano: ah but you have to cut your cloth accordingly.  See when I moved into my house, all I could afford was a plywood cube but I was happy and used that until I could afford a sofa
[13:00]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ok but i will pay you back
[13:01]  Sassy Romano: I think the point is being lost... prim baby won't know the difference between a 2 prim cot or a one prim sculpty no?
[13:01]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ok i ask can i borrow 200l if it is yes say  yes if it is a no then say no
[13:02]  Sassy Romano: well... i'm saving you 200 here, this is a good thing.  You said you needed it for a cot and a bath, well actually you said a nursery but we identified the actual need.  I met the need with gifts and yet that's not working here?
[13:03]  Immabeggar Lorefield: like i said i ask for 200
[13:03]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i said ill pay you back
[13:03]  Sassy Romano: and I met the need saving 200 bonus! :)
[13:03]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but im not trying to save can i just borrow it
[13:03]  Sassy Romano: but what for?  I don't understand?
[13:04]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i need it please i will pay it back
[13:04]  Sassy Romano: need it for?...
[13:04]  Immabeggar Lorefield: cause im trying to save up to 800 i have 340
[13:04]  Sassy Romano: but that makes you 460 short?
[13:04]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yes
[13:05]  Sassy Romano: so even after 200 from me, you won't have enough
[13:05]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah but it is a start
[13:06]  Sassy Romano: but...you don't need to spend 800 now, cos you have what you identified as needing
[13:06]  Immabeggar Lorefield: a tummy talker is 800
[13:06]  Sassy Romano: but you wanted a nursery not a tummy talker?
[13:06]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i want both
[13:07]  Sassy Romano: well if you can't *afford* both.... just like RL, what I want and what I can afford are two different things
[13:07]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ok well can i borrow 200l please i said a millon times i will pay it back ok
[13:08]  Sassy Romano: but you don't need it, it's only a want.  Surely the cot upgrade can wait until Monday?
[13:08]  Immabeggar Lorefield: ok like i said i dont need a finacal consulted can i borrow 200l
[13:09]  Sassy Romano: did you see anything in Stiletto Moody you liked? great shoes eh?
[13:10]  Immabeggar Lorefield: yeah there nice
[13:10]  Sassy Romano: odd store to be in if you've got other things that demand money?
[13:11]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i bought shoes from there today
[13:11]  Immabeggar Lorefield: im just short of 200l
[13:11]  Immabeggar Lorefield: on a tummy talker
[13:11]  Sassy Romano: but wait....if you bought shoes today...why didn't you buy the tummy talker instead?
[13:11]  Immabeggar Lorefield: can i just borrow it i told you personal info about my job
[13:12]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i didnt know that tummy talkers cost 800
[13:12]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i thought they were cheaper
[13:12]  Sassy Romano: is it essential?  what will happen if you don't have it?
[13:12]  Immabeggar Lorefield: i will not be able to give birth
[13:13]  Sassy Romano: so in that case then it will wait until Monday yes?  If it won't happen until you buy it, there's the solution!
[13:14]  Immabeggar Lorefield: nvm then

OnDuty is a freenis - a free male attachment, often "bought" or acquired by new players. All it does is spam people with pregnancy messages. Don't worry; you're not actually pregnant. There is nothing in SL that has the power to make you pregnant if you don't want to be. Simply ignore the message.

Pregnancy in SL is roleplay. You can use devices (better ones than the OnDuty freenis) if you desire to have something tell you you're pregnant, or just roleplay it, then change your shape accordingly, buy clothes and furniture and a baby if you want, but you're never actually pregnant. You're just pretending. If you don't want to be pregnant, don't pretend. Nothing will happen if you don't. You don't need to buy anything, and you won't have a baby at the end. 

Block the person with the freenis if you want, and move on with your life. 

That chat was neurotic! Too funny...

One more question, please. So, unless I sit on that "abortion machine", does my avi stay pregnant until (and if ) I choose to buy a baby, or does the issue disappear by itself after 9 days?

Do I "lose" this pregnancy "naturally" after 9 days? I just heard from someone that my avi is now pregant so it can't get pregnant again. Is it possible to stay that way without doing much and when I feel like it "give birth" to the baby, or does it all wipe itself out unil I get pregnant again?

Thanks!

If its the happy clinic thing you can go birth a rather basic prim baby just for the experience, which they can sell you for 300L or you give it up for adoption, the baby itself is like a freebie that you wont even take for free, its just two balls with smaller balls making the eyes and nose, not features of any kind, they even have an attachment that sticks out from your tummy like a quote/chat blurb and shows the various stages of the baby developing over the days for all to see.

I have done it a dozen times just for a more arousing experience with a fun-buddy but have never been sent pop-ups informing me of this, if its happened its only during the sex act, nothing afterwards until and unless you go to the clinic to check your status by clicking on some box there, again it dosent affect you in anyway the baby is not in you, its only in the attachment if you wear it or pops up in the happy clinic premises when birthing, but it does acutally come out of your **bleep** though, quite gross and puts one off having a child in RL, but your avatar is not carrying anything inside of it.

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3210 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.