What is the best Magic Hud?

DreamheartDragon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

DreamheartDragon wrote:

Hey, I have been looking at all the magic huds, but I have no idea what to get! They don't really show a whole lot, so can people share there evaluations and experiences with the different magic Hud? Help me decide people! Thanks.

i love the WishMaster 2 hud 

its bit exspencive but it has a mix between griefy and non griefy spells so you can use it and not get people upset at you all the time 

DreamheartDragon wrote:

How are the visable effects? They don't really show much. And what do you mean by greify?

the visuals are very nice its high quality product and like i said in a review something i would expect from a triple A game developing company such as Bethesda not a random creation for an underated game 

as for it being griefy ? you can use it to pull people around lock them in place push them off the sim spam a bunch of stuff at them which can cause lagg all piled up or break their RP and all of this so long as they are  on the same sim as you and you are in a REZ zone 

as far as i know they could be in a private sim next to a sand box and youd still be bale to throw down a blizzard on them or pull them out of their sim so long as there isnt a wall blocking them there is no range cut off so the spells may take some time to reach your targets but it will eventually reach them 

also the dwarf spell is kind of broken and doesnt always fix if you cast bless assuming you decide to cast bless after they accept being transformed and only way for victem to be fixed if bless doenst fix it is for them to relog 

so its griefy 

but there are other spells that are simply a light or a portal or a floating candle that dont do much is also a kiss and some hearts and shield which just rezzes a transparent orb that i belive people can just walk through

• Like 1

Friend just showed me this 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/RUNES-APPRENTICE-TOME-20v-MAGIC-BOOK/2113164

was expecting another 3,000 L$ hud but it only 16 L$ 

has a lot of spells from what ive seen my friend use and look pretty cool (all of them)

im purchasing it now as i type this 

so after purchase and useing 3 spells i get a notecard telling me that this is basically just a DEMO and that a hud by almost same name with 120 spells will cost 1,200 ... god damn it ...

checking store the creator has made a million spell huds o.O going take foreevr to find it 

heres the store though https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/8481?search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=General&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Moderate&search%5Bmaturity%5D%5B%5D=Adult&search%5Bpage%5D=1&search%5Bper_page%5D=12&search%5Bstore_id%5D=8481

• 2 years later...

I know it's a little late but anyone who's new and (into magic) will see this.

I am Vampire/Mage and Healer and a very equipped Mage at the least. I would also for the more serious Magical/Sorcery types out there whom are willing to spend Lindens or not spend as much either way also look at the other big huds and see what fits there lifestyle type.

Wishmaster 2 is brilliant and I still use it, there is also one called Empower V5, Ultima hud but they're incredibly costly.

Magic Emerald do some also alongside Magic of legend and Solarium are to name a few too. Like I said I have been around some time and if a player is a new/noob player with very few Lindens and just wants a feel of magic there's also free huds/wands etc so least if you're not interested you didn't just blow any money but had fun. I think there's an apprentice hud aswel whcih is cheap and good for beginners just wanting to mess about and explore thier options. 

Edited by isaacguiste
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

From being the owner of many magic/spell huds seeing as I am an Emperor and an Elemental, Necromancer and Vampire Mage. 

I would have to say over all Magic Emerald and Wishmaster 2 huds are good ones and easy to use. Bit of a price tag but still great effects and add on features. Especially with the likes of Ultima Hud. 

Empower V5 also an exceptional hud if you get the full package which again has a price tag but the endless list of spells, options and tweaking that can be done is insane. Soleriums Elemental Huds quite decent so too is some of the Magic of Legend huds.

Now what do I think is personally the best magic hud based and meter based system in secondlife.

That title has to go to Cold is the VOID if i'm perfectly honest. The VC meter system there is super fun and the add on's don't cost 1000s of Linden dollars. The huds cost a bit depending on what you want and they have so much more than just magic huds and spells there. I'm going to have to say the VOID for over special effects, sounds, grand design, extras and a huge arena and what not. Best to check the place out than take my word for it. Oh nor does it have horrifying lag so that's a bonus for spell casters and people just wanting to meet new faces. :D:)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, Cindy Evanier said:

Necro and advertising  obviously is why we care.

Someone asked for the best magic huds. So I answered the question. 

This can go on all night but I don't know you, you don't know me so that's that. If you want to nitpick buy a pet Monkey. This threads about new players wanting info on magic related sources not an IQ battle. It also contradicts the point of making a point when you reply to another's reply with assumptions and a smart act. I was being nice and that's it. If this thread is dead then close the damn thing and problem solved but do not take a smart one at me for literally no reason or i'll have this thread closed myself. I'm asking politely and the once. 

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, you plan to revive the thread every year or so, to answer a question from 2014?

I'm going, to be frank here: there's nothing wrong with reviving any old thread. And people who sarcastically "scold" others for doing so are not helping, but rather actually contributing to reviving the thread. ?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm going, to be frank here: there's nothing wrong with reviving any old thread. And people who sarcastically "scold" others for doing so are not helping, but rather actually contributing to reviving the thread. ?

I’ve been AR’d for thread bumping, therefore I know it is against the rules.

Bumping and contributing (even if an old thread) are two different things. And it was stated by a couple Lindens that they do not lock old threads (which can be done automatically) because they can "still be useful". As for someone abuse-reporting a bump: sure. If they AR'd you for posting a legitimate contribution to a thread it so what?You haven't received any demerits for it, have you? Your profile isn't showing any.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

as far i know only the profle owner can see warnings?

I'm not sure (I don't have any) - though I believe I made my point: a bump is different than a "resurrection" of an old thread. As always: context is king; it also depends how useful the new post is to the community as a whole. And to further my point: My initial reply to @Love Zhaoying is coming to pass: the condescending reply to @isaacguiste only helped revive this thread, and not in a good way as we all are now way off topic. So I'll just rest my case here and move on to other, more current and interesting threads. :|

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, haruspero said:

I'm actually glad this thread was revived. The new information was very helpful to me.

yeah but the necroposter forgot to tell us you can earn the newer VCS spell hud system components by playing a tower defense game in the VOID sims, ... so yeah, not so sure about the quality of the rest of the information either ;)

3 hours ago, Fionalein said:

yeah but the necroposter forgot to tell us you can earn the newer VCS spell hud system components by playing a tower defense game in the VOID sims, ... so yeah, not so sure about the quality of the rest of the information either ;)

Yeah, but that was in July. Before you could not get VCS that way. Also, about the cost, the Poster is referring to addons. Not the cost of VCS. 

But I'm glad you're also helping people out.

• 4 months later...
On 9/18/2018 at 1:55 PM, haruspero said:

I'm actually glad this thread was revived. The new information was very helpful to me.

Agreed, This is an old thread, and probably the only one discussing best magic huds. I'm actually glad I came here, because I was debating on which one to get. I'm so glad for the updated information.

• 1 year later...
On 7/15/2018 at 7:53 AM, isaacguiste said:

I would have to say over all Magic Emerald and Wishmaster 2 huds are good ones and easy to use. Bit of a price tag but still great effects and add on features. Especially with the likes of Ultima Hud. 

Empower V5 also an exceptional hud if you get the full package which again has a price tag but the endless list of spells, options and tweaking that can be done is insane. Soleriums Elemental Huds quite decent so too is some of the Magic of Legend huds.

Now what do I think is personally the best magic hud based and meter based system in secondlife.

That title has to go to Cold is the VOID if i'm perfectly honest. The VC meter system there is super fun and the add on's don't cost 1000s of Linden dollars. The huds cost a bit depending on what you want and they have so much more than just magic huds and spells there. I'm going to have to say the VOID for over special effects, sounds, grand design, extras and a huge arena and what not.

I was also specifically looking for this information and only wish you had bumped this thread more recently with another update.  :-)  Hoping you still do...   Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.