HTML / Hyperlinks in new firestorm profile?

TakagiGraves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys I hope this is the right place to ask about this. I keep seeing profiles with their links to blogs / flickrs with hyper links, I've tried using the <a href="url">Link text</a> html code but It doesn't seem to work, I tried asking the owners profile but I was ignored, anyone able to shed some light on how to do it ? thanks! <3

links to what i mean below:

example 1

Example 2

• Thanks 1

Are the links called out in a slightly different section or in the middle of the 'about' text?

Adding links to blogs, flickr, and so on have been standard features of SL profiles for a couple of years - but in their own section. I'd assumed Firestorm didn't hide all of that, did they? And if they're allowing people to just type them into the standard About text - that's going to break when someone on any other viewer looks at that person's profile.

EDIT: Just looked at your images. I tend to view this site with images turned off most of the time.

That looks like the standard links SL has allowed in profile for a couple of years now - just moved to be right above 'About' whereas in the standard setup they're vertically arranged below the first About and above the second one:

Standard profiles look nearly identical to my.secondlife.com profiles:

https://my.secondlife.com/pussycat.catnap

So you can see I have one link there.

If you just go onto my.secondlife.com and edit your profile there, it should show up in your copy of Firestorm in the place you've indicated.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, Sonoma Sandalwood said:

I have a reverse issue.  I'm trying to hyperlink my profile on my website so people in-world can pull it up quickly via the website link. I've done it a long time ago, but cannot remember the code for it now.  Any one know how to do this?

secondlife:///app/agent/3732d2ee-ffd5-4893-b81b-786c4fb03bbc/about

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 2

Not only hyperlinks, but also avatar and place profiles; landmarks. For landmarks, just place the SLURL there. For an avatar profile, click the "gear" icon and choose "Copy URI" and paste that. Though keep in mind that the longer the hyperlink, the worse because all those characters count against your character limit, so you may want to use an URL shortener.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 7/25/2014 at 8:50 AM, Luna Barak said:

ok I have contacted the very very gentle Firestorm English Support inworld and I have been replied instantly (how much I love Firestorm's ?)

The reply is this: [yourwebaddress Word]

so for example you have to type in your profile: [http://www.firestormviewer.org Firestorm]

and you will get the world Firestorm with a working hyperlink in it

I been trying to figure this out for a good couple weeks till I finally thought to look up the search with the firestorm keyword included and I found this. I got it to work in like 30 seconds. Thank you for this comment you left on this post. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 7/25/2014 at 10:50 AM, Luna Barak said:

ok I have contacted the very very gentle Firestorm English Support inworld and I have been replied instantly (how much I love Firestorm's ?)

The reply is this: [yourwebaddress Word]

so for example you have to type in your profile: [http://www.firestormviewer.org Firestorm]

and you will get the world Firestorm with a working hyperlink in it

how to i see the end result? 

when i try to see my  own profile, it shows [yourwebaddress Word] 

• 2 weeks later...

👉 In Firestorm, if you add the link to one of your Picks as stated above:

example [http://yourlinkhere.com MyCoolThing]

And save it. Then go back to the pick, it will show you the resulting hyperlinked text. Once you click in the text box of the pick, it will revert, but before, you can see what it looks like, for easy previewing. Then just copy that to your About box and know what it looks like to others. It just will not appear to you in the About description box, I think because that box takes focus the instant you preview your own profile, without clicking in the box.

Hope that helps! 😀

Edited by Ayame Musashi

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this thread. However, I figured out a way to check your profile without using an alt. All you need to do is go to search, click on people, and type your SL name inside the search box. In the results, click on your name the profile will show for you to review.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, angeleise said:

Thanks for this thread. However, I figured out a way to check your profile without using an alt. All you need to do is go to search, click on people, and type your SL name inside the search box. In the results, click on your name the profile will show for you to review.

That doesn't always work as web search is still broken.  I can be logged in on my alt and search her name and it doesn't show in search at all.

• 2 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 64 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.